Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do ops/scoundrals jump around so much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Why do ops/scoundrals jump around so much?

Ameepa
08.24.2012 , 01:13 AM | #11
Yeah jumping is probably a legacy from WoW until they learn that you actually move slower when jumping in this game. The higher their rank is, the less jumpy they are

For healers it's the los-problem.

Wainamoinen
08.24.2012 , 03:19 AM | #12
One occasion it's useful:

You're stuck in the huttball pit and you can't quite target the enemy in the endzone heading for a score. Jumping can give you the height to see him and get an attack off. I've killed the ball carrier this way before.

Not that that explanation's specific to scrapper/ops. I'd say we may tend to move around a bit to get position behind a target for our big attack. But it also messes with clickers/keyboard turners. It's fun to run through/around people who can't seem to get an attack off while I blaster and punch them to death.

Maybe I should stand still and not do this OP scrapper "moving" to let myself be targetted more easily. But I digress.
There will be blood, it might be yours;
So go kill someone - signed, Bad Horse

Ilmarinen 65 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

ronniehenlau
08.24.2012 , 04:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Motro View Post
We are dodging nerfs.
QFT!
/5char

Ameepa
08.24.2012 , 05:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Not that that explanation's specific to scrapper/ops. I'd say we may tend to move around a bit to get position behind a target for our big attack. But it also messes with clickers/keyboard turners. It's fun to run through/around people who can't seem to get an attack off while I blaster and punch them to death.

Maybe I should stand still and not do this OP scrapper "moving" to let myself be targetted more easily. But I digress.
Moving around of course is a must for scoundrels/ops but the question was about space bar jumping all the time, not running through or around them which is indeed the better way.

Trews
08.24.2012 , 12:43 PM | #15
We are dodging nerfs.
LOL!, snorted coffee bad that time ^ There's your answer folks!
/thread

CarthOnansi
08.25.2012 , 05:28 AM | #16
i jump around for reasons I don't want to go into because it benefits me. If I told everyone why it did they would learn to counter it.

We are dodging nerfs.
^ Nuff said.
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"

Elyx
08.27.2012 , 06:58 PM | #17
We are dodging nerfs.
best one yet.

durign the event last few weeks, was waiting for one of the quest mobs so I could kill it. the guy ahead of me was jumping so much I think he was de-selecting the mob and it took him forever to kill it. I was laughing so hard i nearly pee'd my pants
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

Zunayson
08.27.2012 , 07:04 PM | #18
We are dodging nerfs.
Make sure to activate Dodge or Evasion whenever mass QQ on the forum ensues!

Even save Disappearing act + LoS for when the forums really get heated!
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Hambunctious
08.27.2012 , 10:36 PM | #19
It helps because synching in this game is horrible, and jumping around can cause out of range errors for melee opponents, and not facing target errors for those trying to do cast time, or channeled abilities.

Basically, it is a cheesy way to exploit this game's failure.

Griad
08.27.2012 , 11:08 PM | #20
Cloak at first talk of nerfs, dunno why ppl do this seem to be both a wow and counterstrike thingy
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse