Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Concealment Operative PVP guide


Tagsley's Avatar


Tagsley
04.10.2012 , 03:15 PM | #11
I think this guide is a nice start, especially for people who are transitioning from PvE to PvP.

What would really make it great is to post tactics to use against each other class/specs and also what to look for from each. (For example, against another Agent I don't break Debil, or I know I have to eat a full Flash (unless I am Dot'd in which case I might))

Keep up the good work!

killercat's Avatar


killercat
04.10.2012 , 03:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tagsley View Post
I think this guide is a nice start, especially for people who are transitioning from PvE to PvP.

What would really make it great is to post tactics to use against each other class/specs and also what to look for from each. (For example, against another Agent I don't break Debil, or I know I have to eat a full Flash (unless I am Dot'd in which case I might))

Keep up the good work!
That is a great suggestion! when I get a bit of free time I will add that along with a general over view of our skills.
Kitty......................... / )\._.,--....,'``.
Space Slug............... /; _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
Operative................. `----(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

Endusima's Avatar


Endusima
04.10.2012 , 03:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by killercat View Post
I move almost 100% of the time when engaged in combat, I try to stay extremely mobile, reason I can't use my movement keys with shift or alt.
Thats weird, I don't have any problems using shift/alt binds while moving.
Scepter of Ragnos, Buttran

killercat's Avatar


killercat
04.10.2012 , 04:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Endusima View Post
Thats weird, I don't have any problems using shift/alt binds while moving.
I have a small hand, makes thing a bit harder, if you can do it more power to you.
Kitty......................... / )\._.,--....,'``.
Space Slug............... /; _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
Operative................. `----(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

Ryemfoh's Avatar


Ryemfoh
04.11.2012 , 01:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SupernovaRU View Post
And advice for keybinds?
I use 1 - 4 for my main attacks (BS, Shiv, Lac, Overload), and then ctrl+(q-t, a-f, z-v) for secondary attacks, KInj, Shield, AP, Vanish, etc. Shift+(q-t, a-f, z-v) are used for things like medpacks, stealth, Evasion (on the same button as Vanish, so it's just shift+r -> ctrl+r), OrbS and mounts.

I have just 4 mouse buttons, but the 3rd and 4th are very easy to get to so I use 1 for Autorun and the other for AB.

Try to structure your keybinds so that commonly chained skills require either a change in key or a change in modifier, not both. E.g:
  • Evasion > Vanish = shift+r > ctrl+r
  • Crouch > EP = F > 1
  • Relic > Adrenal > HS = ctrl+z, ctrl+x, ctrl+c

I also try to keep abilities that fill a similar role on the same key with different modifiers - e.g. Debilitate (ctrl+q) > Flashbang (shift+q), KInj (ctrl+s) > KInf (shift+s)

Final few tips:
  • Set up your cover bar so that it mimics your main bar as much as possible and/or uses the same "main" keys
  • Don't be afraid to have the same ability in more than 1 place if it makes using it more natural during different ability sequences
  • Practice jump-shoot/grenade/CD/sever/flashbang for when you're kiting. Make sure you you pick keys for these abilities that make them easy to use while on the move.
  • Learn how to alternate between mouse-run / keyboard run and even auto-run to free your hands up
"Adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things" -- Silent Bob

Matymatt's Avatar


Matymatt
04.11.2012 , 03:03 AM | #16
I'm seriously looking forward to a knowledgeable op addressing this thread, cause someone has to. That said, I'm enjoying this for all the wrong reasons.
Mon Calamari Sushi Company Shikki

Sous-chef/PVP kid
You know my alts!
Get some!

Endusima's Avatar


Endusima
04.11.2012 , 01:15 PM | #17
Your "stunlock opener" is flawed, there is enough time for one more GCD before using debilitate. Letting you land one more ability before using (in this case wasting) your debilitate makes a huge difference. Hidden strike->Backstab->Debilitate and not Hidden strike->Debilitate->Backstab.

Also your "sustained dps opener" Opener > Shiv > Stim boost > Corrosive Dart > Damage is flawed, why should I wait with using Stim Boost until after Shiv? The correct useage would be to use it directly after Hidden Strike since it does not respect the global cooldown. Also I am very sceptical if that opener really yields the highest sustained dps but I'm in no mood to crunch numbers so I'll let that rest.
Scepter of Ragnos, Buttran

killercat's Avatar


killercat
04.11.2012 , 01:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Endusima View Post
Your "stunlock opener" is flawed, there is enough time for one more GCD before using debilitate. Letting you land one more ability before using (in this case wasting) your debilitate makes a huge difference. Hidden strike->Backstab->Debilitate and not Hidden strike->Debilitate->Backstab.

Also your "sustained dps opener" Opener > Shiv > Stim boost > Corrosive Dart > Damage is flawed, why should I wait with using Stim Boost until after Shiv? The correct useage would be to use it directly after Hidden Strike since it does not respect the global cooldown. Also I am very sceptical if that opener really yields the highest sustained dps but I'm in no mood to crunch numbers so I'll let that rest.
You're right on both accounts and it has been corrected. I don't mind obvious errors brought to attention. Please do bring them to light.
Kitty......................... / )\._.,--....,'``.
Space Slug............... /; _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
Operative................. `----(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

Gaucho's Avatar


Gaucho
04.11.2012 , 01:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by killercat View Post
You're right on both accounts and it has been corrected. I don't mind obvious errors brought to attention. Please do bring them to light.
Then you should credit those that point out your errors. Taking full credit for something you did not fully create is not shined by the light of justice.
Gaucho | Hellwalker
Ubique | Veteran Foundation Stone 2003

killercat's Avatar


killercat
04.11.2012 , 01:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
Then you should credit those that point out your errors. Taking full credit for something you did not fully create is not shined by the light of justice.
Already done.
Kitty......................... / )\._.,--....,'``.
Space Slug............... /; _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
Operative................. `----(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'