Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality spec - Kaliyo or Dr. Lokin as companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Lethality spec - Kaliyo or Dr. Lokin as companion?

MaximusVen
08.28.2012 , 10:33 PM | #1
I just got Dr. Lokin but haven't geared him so I am not ready to use him just yet. However, I wanted to know if I should use him instead of Kaliyo once I do gear him up.

I read that Dr. Lokin can transformer into a rakghoul (I'm level 39). I'm not sure if that means he'll do more damage using that option. I'm using the Lethality spec and I like how Kaliyo does a lot of damage and keeps the enemy off me while I am doing my damage up close and personal. I would imagine as I keep progressing into the character, the fights may be more challenging and I'll have no choice but to use the Doc. Or do I?

Is it more difficult to level up using Kaliyo than Lokin? I'm not interested in being a healer myself, but I could change to concealment. Anyway, just looking for some advice.
Vanguarde - Level 55 - Commando MaximusVen - Level 55 - Marauder Jossey'Wales - Level 55 - Smuggler Venator'Gripa - Level 55 - Mercenary Yayden - Level 55 - Sentinel

LilTsar
08.30.2012 , 01:24 AM | #2
its 'easier' to use lokin, but noticeably slower, personally i like to use a tank pet, like kaliyo, that does their share of damage and allows me to just go to town unhindered. i dont bother to heal them after fights, just keep going until theyre low on health then unsummon-resummos/mount-unmount.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed