Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mods?

ThaBenMan
08.25.2012 , 07:32 PM | #1
Hey guys, I was wondering - what is the better sort of mod to use for an Operative: the Patron ones (more endurance, less cunning) or the other sort (can't remember the name, but more cunning than endurance)? I'm guessing the Patron, since Ops seem to be more close range than Snipers and need more survivability. And my Op is a healer, if that matters. Thanks!

Flaminica
08.26.2012 , 09:58 AM | #2
Skill is the other one. Patrons are a lot easier to come by because they're the ones offered by commendation vendors. Skills will have to be purchased or crafted (if you have a cybertech).

I used Patrons for that reason until the middle 30s, at which point the healing throughput started to feel really anaemic. Also while the extra hitpoints are nice, you have better tools for survival by that point and a few hundred extra hp are not going to save you if an end-boss breaks his aggro leash and punches you in the face.
Spearshakers
||

chuixupu
08.28.2012 , 12:17 PM | #3
Later on, the Artful Mods are very good (Cunning + Power).
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Gronkaarr
08.28.2012 , 12:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ThaBenMan View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering - what is the better sort of mod to use for an Operative: the Patron ones (more endurance, less cunning) or the other sort (can't remember the name, but more cunning than endurance)? I'm guessing the Patron, since Ops seem to be more close range than Snipers and need more survivability. And my Op is a healer, if that matters. Thanks!
If you're leveling then I would say go with the Patron mods/armorings because when purchasing from planetary commendations vendors, what you'll see is the the Patron mods are higher level than the Skill mods that are offered by the same vendor. (i.e. the vendor will have patron mod 18 available but the skill mod on the same vendor will be skill mod 16.) so even though I would prefer the skill armoring, i feel like i'm getting more bang for my buck by taking the patron armoring or mod because it's higher level.

plus i think while leveling, you're likely going solo most of the time to do quests, so having extra hp may be a good idea. but if you group a lot and you're a healer, you shouldn't need to have the extra hp because hopefully you won't have aggro as much

when you get to 50 and you're optimizing your gear, definitely go with Skill over patron, especially if you're a healer. you'll want the power and crit bonus that comes from cunning, more than you will want the extra hp from endurance