Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About to start SM EV/KP on my Op Healer.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
About to start SM EV/KP on my Op Healer.

Stoleo
08.22.2012 , 09:58 PM | #1
So I almost have my Op Healer, ready to enter some Group Finder SM groups. I'm pretty confident in everything that involves healing/. Just looking for some tips/suggestions from Op healers, on the council fight in EV. Like what attacks do you use on your council memeber? Best heals to use on yourself, while dpsing your mob down?

I just don't want to be "that guy" on the fight.

theStirge
08.22.2012 , 11:00 PM | #2
I've only done EV once, and it was HM, not SM, but yeah, basically you just dps them down and keep yourself healed. I think there's an interrupt involved? Shield Probe on cooldown(although hopefully you're not fighting long enough to use it more than 2 or 3 times), keep your HoTs up, your AoE heal on cd, Orbital Strike as soon as you're sure you can live through the cast time. I think there was something that needed to be cleansed? It was a while ago. It was tough, I almost died, and I was the last one finished by a wide margin, but it was HM and I'm terrible at anything but healing on my Op, and I did it. You should be all right on SM.

Karasuko
08.22.2012 , 11:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoleo View Post
So I almost have my Op Healer, ready to enter some Group Finder SM groups. I'm pretty confident in everything that involves healing/. Just looking for some tips/suggestions from Op healers, on the council fight in EV. Like what attacks do you use on your council memeber? Best heals to use on yourself, while dpsing your mob down?

I just don't want to be "that guy" on the fight.
For a start don't worry about council.... i'll get to that later. Now depending on what your other healer is like this may be totally untrue. Your going to spend 90% of trash dpsing, and a good 20-30% of bosses dpsing.

Vital shots,back blast, fly-by,blaster whip and spam shot are your friends.Mix in blaster volley,thermal grenades aswell if you have the energy/UH to spare.

Boss 1. XRR-3. This is the most healing intensive boss and probably the worst for Op healers. Don't stand in bad, roll hots when you can, use your insta heal to prevent death. Key point is to not bother keeping everyone full during missle barage, Just stop them from dying.

Boss 2.Gharj. You will probably end up dpsing 90% of the fight, only worrying about healing if theres alot of melee and when jumping from platform to platform.

Boss 3. Pylons. Dispel the debuff from the acklay and you probably wont need more than to roll hots on your tank.

Boss 4.Council. Roll hots on your self, interupt the ravage (can't remember what its called) open with shoot first and fly-by,. Use defensives and refer to my earlier dps buttons to press.

Boss 5. SOA. Roll hots on your tank, heal the people getting hit with balls.DPS like mad. The only intensive healing you will be doing is during the platforms , once again dont worry about topping everyone up just make sure they can take the drop. The drop does about 15% damage on the short falls and about 50% on the long ones.

Sorry i couldnt translate the abilities into imperial for you but im sure you will manage. Best of luck.

ronniehenlau
08.24.2012 , 04:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
For a start don't worry about council.... i'll get to that later. Now depending on what your other healer is like this may be totally untrue. Your going to spend 90% of trash dpsing, and a good 20-30% of bosses dpsing.

Corrosive dart,backstab, orbital strike,shiv and spam shot are your friends.Mix in blaster volley(the what? no clue what this is on operative. Snipe? ),thermal grenades aswell if you have the energy/TA to spare.

Boss 1. XRR-3. This is the most healing intensive boss and probably the worst for Op healers. Don't stand in bad, roll hots when you can, use your insta heal to prevent death. Key point is to not bother keeping everyone full during missle barage, Just stop them from dying.

Boss 2.Gharj. You will probably end up dpsing 90% of the fight, only worrying about healing if theres alot of melee and when jumping from platform to platform.

Boss 3. Pylons. Dispel the debuff from the acklay and you probably wont need more than to roll hots on your tank.

Boss 4.Council. Roll hots on your self, interupt the ravage (can't remember what its called) open with hidden strike and orbital strike,. Use defensives and refer to my earlier dps buttons to press.

Boss 5. SOA. Roll hots on your tank, heal the people getting hit with balls.DPS like mad. The only intensive healing you will be doing is during the platforms , once again dont worry about topping everyone up just make sure they can take the drop. The drop does about 15% damage on the short falls and about 50% on the long ones.

Sorry i couldnt translate the abilities into imperial for you but im sure you will manage. Best of luck.
Translated to operative :>