Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing Question

gumbydpl
08.21.2012 , 09:44 AM | #1
Is healing considered a "Tech" ability?

Will "No Holds Barred" increase my chance to crit on a heal?

I am trying to decide whether to put my last 3 points in No Holds Barred, or Home Grown Pharmacology and Psych Meds.

Thank you

CitizenFry
08.21.2012 , 10:04 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by gumbydpl View Post
Is healing considered a "Tech" ability?

Will "No Holds Barred" increase my chance to crit on a heal?

I am trying to decide whether to put my last 3 points in No Holds Barred, or Home Grown Pharmacology and Psych Meds.

Thank you
Yes, and yes. And I'm pretty sure you want ALL of those skills...something might be wrong with your build. Care to post a link?
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

mikebevo
08.21.2012 , 01:20 PM | #3
yeah are you PVE or PVP healing mainly?

I don't PVP, but this is my final build for PVE. It works really well for PVE, but I doubt it would work at all for PVP.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-fde2cc343b18

As you can see I am strictly a healer, but I have no problem doing dailies and soloing daily heroics with this build (well all but Darkness on Ilum. Sad i can solo CTS, but not Darkness).

While leveling Sedatives was great, but at least in a PVE environment nobody (including myself) wait for the sedative to wear off, so it is useless after 50. Also never used Scramble in a PVE environment. Now Anatomy Lesson was a little difficult to give up, but I haven't noticed a big difference. Miss it sometimes in the Infernal Council fight in EV HM, but that is about the only time.

The gear is a week or two out of date, but the build is the same.

Ravashakk
08.21.2012 , 02:23 PM | #4
Med screen is a waste of 2 points. Terrible talent that deep in the tree IMO. Should be changed to "Healing dealt increased by 7.5%/15% while defense screen is active" or better yet, "Healing received/dealt (one or the other) is increased by 7.5%/15% for 15 seconds after activating defense screen is active."

As it stands right now, you use defense screen when you're taking damage. It prevents so little it usually disappears after 1 decent attack lands, giving you less than a gcd to benefit from it...sometimes not at all. The only time it would be useful is if you just took a lot of dmg, then popping screen and healing to full quicker. Such a small % of situations would actually benefit from these 2 points that would be better spent elsewhere.

gumbydpl
08.21.2012 , 02:27 PM | #5
Sorry I forgot to mention that I was doing a hybrid build.

Build

So with sedatives I have to wait around 60 seconds for it to wear off for the debuff to become active?

Edit: Also I don't PVP much

mikebevo
08.21.2012 , 02:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
Med screen is a waste of 2 points. Terrible talent that deep in the tree IMO. Should be changed to "Healing dealt increased by 7.5%/15% while defense screen is active" or better yet, "Healing received/dealt (one or the other) is increased by 7.5%/15% for 15 seconds after activating defense screen is active."

As it stands right now, you use defense screen when you're taking damage. It prevents so little it usually disappears after 1 decent attack lands, giving you less than a gcd to benefit from it...sometimes not at all. The only time it would be useful is if you just took a lot of dmg, then popping screen and healing to full quicker. Such a small % of situations would actually benefit from these 2 points that would be better spent elsewhere.
I would get rid of it if all I did was OPS, but doing PUG HMFP I will keep it until PUG DPS learns what order to kill.

And I do use it for the exact reason you describe, to get myself back to full health. I will also say it works well as we have done at least 4 HMFP including Directive 7 without a tank after the Tank afk during the FP. So my build is a hybrid Scoundrel Healer/Tank.

Lightning_
08.22.2012 , 04:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by gumbydpl View Post
Sorry I forgot to mention that I was doing a hybrid build.

Build

So with sedatives I have to wait around 60 seconds for it to wear off for the debuff to become active?

Edit: Also I don't PVP much
The funny thing is that this hybrid build is exactly a PvP build. For PvE it's hard to imagine why the hybrid would be useful other than maybe soloing some content intended for groups... It's just that the damage output will be insanely low...

gumbydpl
08.22.2012 , 06:15 AM | #8
Yeah I am doing it to solo some harder content easier, H2 and some H4.

Also I do enjoy the occasional Flashpoint, and I get into those alot faster if I que up as a healer.

Also could someone help me with my original question. And my question about sedatives.

Thank you.

mikebevo
08.22.2012 , 09:42 AM | #9
Sorry I thought I did about sedatives. If you break the CC before they wear off, then they are useless. As I leveled I kept them because I largely soloed the game including heroics and I would wait for CC to wear off while regaining energy, but if you are breaking the CC before they wear off then putting points there is useless.

As you your original question, don't know I picked all three and wouldn't want to do without any of them. Sorry