Returning requirements

wuzzuliki

Returning to the game after playing previous to Hutt Cartel. Got a few class questions.

1. Who is more underrepresented tanks or healers?

2. Can I level through just the main story class quests if I'm a subscriber?

Thanks

Personally, I'd say healers at least for sm ops; probably tanks for mm fp. Hm ops beyond ev/kp pug so rarely, better to find a group and see what they need. To qualify this statement for the inevitable attack, this is my personal experience, as a guardian tank main, who frequently forms pug sm ops.

Levelling has been made incredibly easy. As a sub (with levelling gear and using experience boosts) I just started taris at level 33, doing class story, heroics, some pvp, 1 awful hammer station, a couple side quests on tython just because i like being overlevelled, and the intro missions (intro to warzones, intro to crafting, intro to SH, social points)

Edited by KendraP

There's no real consensus but they're definitely lower in numbers than DPS. I also think they're both underrepresented, not only in SWTOR, but in any other MMORPG's really

I believe so

Edited by atsoul

Excellent. Thanks for the replies.

I mainly enjoy support roles so it'll be a tank and a healer. Like the look of Smuggler healing and Vanguard tanking, so I'll take that route.

Is the Faction balance relatively good on the whole?

Id say imp side was more popular, but you can get groups on pub side without too much hair pulling. The classes themselves are exact mirrors, so say a scoundrel healer plays identically to an operative one. Vg = pt

• 2 weeks later...
Returning to the game after playing previous to Hutt Cartel. Got a few class questions.

Thanks

1. The fp queue on Satele Shan is usually Tank in demand on the pub side. I concur that the imp side is measurably more active, but there are still groups on pub.

2. Yes. But your gear may lag behind a bit; running a few heroics will solve that, or upgrading your own orange gear.

Edited by ElleSheepy