Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Waiting in Queue - Wasting my life

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter

Bolo_Yeung
01.19.2015 , 01:54 AM | #11
Well, it is 'pay to have advantage' (+50% requisition boost for paid elements means you can afford new upgrades faster than f2p pilot). And can't say skill > gear but skill factor is definitively greater than gear factor.

Danalon
01.19.2015 , 02:07 AM | #12
Pay to win would be if your respawns per game were limited and you needed to buy more respawns to win a match.
Edit: Another example of pay to win would be if there was an additional tier for any component or an additional component per slot that you can't get if you're not paying.

GSF is what should be called "pay for convenience". Sure, you level up faster etc but in the end it doesn't matter if you have 1m or only 500k ship requisition that you can't spend on a ship anymore.

Edit: As for the gear vs skill debate: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=755330
You can't win every game with just stock ships but you still can contribute to a victory.

Bolo_Yeung
01.19.2015 , 02:31 AM | #13
'Pay for win earlier and more often' is a kind of 'pay to win'. Sure, it doesn't matter much with mastered ship, and does not matter at all with all ships completed, but before that, how much matches will you have to play? Few hundreds per a ship...

And yes, you can contribute in nearly any game with stock ship (unless facing a mastered ships double premade... :P). Gear itself does not win a battle... but I bet it helps

Danalon
01.19.2015 , 03:30 AM | #14
By that logic it's even more unfair that some people have time to play more matches per day than others because they aquire more requisition AND more personal experience.

Bolo_Yeung
01.19.2015 , 04:13 AM | #15
Sigh... Seeing your posts, Schopenhauer would be proud.

Saving myself extended argument, I will say that the players with more time will still have to go trough first matches Their gear curve will go faster but won't change shape - they will still lose few matches.
Subscribers/P2Pass players will have their gear curve go upwards faster.... thats the difference.

Danalon
01.19.2015 , 04:39 AM | #16
Time is a resource, money is a resource.

You can gear up faster (you may need more matches but still, you can be faster) as f2p with lots of time than someone who pays for it but has less time to play - therefore it's not pay to win.

Edit: By the way, the most effective way of getting requisition are dailies and weeklies. I play GSF on a lot of characters and some of them gain ~16k req per daily and 50k+ per weekly (most only gain ~9k per daily and ~27k per weekly). If you really want to maximize your requisition gain per game (and that's what you're talking about) you should play a maximum of 2 games per day or 7 games per week.

nyghtrunner
01.19.2015 , 01:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Danalon View Post
If you really want to maximize your requisition gain per game (and that's what you're talking about) you should play a maximum of 2 games per day or 7 games per week.
Just to point out that if you do the daily every day, the max games would be 14/week. IE - Still do dailies even after you get the weeky. And by percentage, the dailies will net you a lot more than the weeklies ever will.

Even if you win, the 4 dailies will net you 3752 (4x938) ship req for each ship you've got in your hangar. The other 3 dailies get you another 2814 (6566 total). The weekly reward is 3125, and you get it along the way anyway. So absolutely, the single most time efficient way to level up a hangar and ship is to just do the daily every day. You get the weekly along the way, and you're not flying a ship unless you're getting double req for it. If you just fly a single ship, and are able to max out the bonus req in a single match if you win, you'll end up getting something like:
(1800-2200** + 938) * 7 + 3125 = ~24,000 ship req on the ship you're working on. So like 6 weeks for mastery at about an hour a day spent flying and in queue, which should really only be something like 24-28 hours in the cockpit.

It's really more about the minimums, anyway. To maximize the req you get, you should absolutely never fly fewer than 7 games/week, or 1 win/day.

**I chose the 1800-2200 as a kind of baseline. If you're hitting the full bonus, you shouldn't ever get much less than 1800 req, and I'm guessing 2200 is probably close to average for me on a win with full bonus, but I've seen some scores in the 2600+ range, so that number probably has little place to go but up, especially if you have to fly multiple games to get your daily.

EDIT - I'm a subscriber, so using subscriber numbers...
Master, I marked the best escape pod for your use. I of course, will go down with the ship.
Graendahl / Semírhage : Hawkë / Mierín

Magira
01.22.2015 , 05:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Atonu View Post
besides starting over on another server, is there anything you can do about the horrid queue time for pvp gsf?
Red Eclipse has virtually no waiting 14 hours a day.
Otherwise:
Fullscreen Windowed and background sound, I am working in the waiting time with the Forum, Facebook, Twitter, drinking Coffee, eating Food, cleaning my bathroom ...
I hear it in the whole apartment if anything pops up.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

Toraak
01.22.2015 , 08:48 AM | #19
Shadowlands queu times depend on when you play, so if he plays in the late mornings (eastern) or early afternoons, the queu's are terrible. evenings they should be decent tho.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

AlrikFassbauer
01.22.2015 , 01:32 PM | #20
Quote:
Play Monty Python's Completre Waste Of Time instead - if you can get it (via Ebay or so).

Besides, I'm currently reading Beowulf, and I must applaud to your headline : It's an wonderfiul alliterative headline !

Waiting is wasting - a wonderful time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliterative_verse
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.