Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A request to ace pilots

tommmsunb
01.02.2015 , 10:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
How about swapping to a Mastered T1 or T2 strike .
In farm matches my scores don't change if im in a strikefighter typically. In closer matches they don't change if I'm going after the right targets and not being focussed. Right targets being bombers and gunships primarily.
twitch.tv/tomeateejedota
Xi'ao'prime - Ebon Hawk / Bastion, Tomoya - Jung Ma
Otoshimono - Shadowlands/Progenitor formerly known as: Tomeateeje/Yuuko-San/Rumina/Friendlygurl/Tensai-Hikoushi/Taisetsuna/Yorimoyoi

Ryuku-sama
01.02.2015 , 11:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by tommmsunb View Post
In farm matches my scores don't change if im in a strikefighter typically. In closer matches they don't change if I'm going after the right targets and not being focussed. Right targets being bombers and gunships primarily.
This. My scores are about the same as long as I don't have a railgun.. And go slightly higher when I have one. At least as long as I don,t have any serious opposition.

A Retro-Jouster with QCS is almost as mobile as a Flashfire and can destroy a lot of thing easily with Ion or HLC.
When I can land a protorp on a Flashfire, there is only one thing to say.. No matter what ship I would fly, said Flashfire is dead.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

tommmsunb
01.02.2015 , 11:37 PM | #13
A lot of matches that are close are typically me vs the world and they happen pretty frequently. I just had one match where I came in when it was 20-5 and within 2 and a half minutes we were 22-25 in our favor. Next match ended 50-33 and I was 29-8-0 then this happens next match http://i.imgur.com/Wwf4G3o.jpg.

The matches where we just destroy the game are pretty few and far between but when Sam and I group up they kinda just happen.
twitch.tv/tomeateejedota
Xi'ao'prime - Ebon Hawk / Bastion, Tomoya - Jung Ma
Otoshimono - Shadowlands/Progenitor formerly known as: Tomeateeje/Yuuko-San/Rumina/Friendlygurl/Tensai-Hikoushi/Taisetsuna/Yorimoyoi

eedwana
01.02.2015 , 11:44 PM | #14
I wholly disagree with OP. I play to win and I train to win. This is a competitive game and as so you cannot ask people to 'dial it down'. What we can do and will do is point out how, what and why you need to change or do something different. I fly with anyone and everyone on the Bastion. Experience is everything in this mini game. Why water that down?

That being said the onus lies with the fledgling pilot to bring themselves up and thats not going to happen if you pull your punches so to speak. Fierce pilots make for great training. I went through the trial by fire that this mini game is and I took my beatings knowing that great pilots as enemies will make me a great pilot one day. I will concur with another on this thread, a lot can be done to avoid rofl-stomps if we had a larger matchmaking pool.
TOR [Resurgence]
SWG [Force Hunters]
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Imperial Ace

SithAceI
01.03.2015 , 12:14 AM | #15
The only thing that a new or newer pilot can do is what I did way back when while I was learning.

Once you find out who the good pilots are you have to just talk to them! Everything I have learned about ship builds, tactics, and etc. came from befriending those Ace pilots to learn from them. Just because we can dominate a match does not make us a-holes. I have never met an unfriendly pilot ever!

So long story short just talk to those Ace pilots! They will help you!
Skywallkr Sithace, Sithace-one and Super Secret Alts!
Harbinger, Red Eclipse, JC, TEH and Shadowlands
"I don't know..... fly casual"

ALaggyGrunt
01.03.2015 , 12:45 AM | #16
The only way to do what the OP is saying is to play when there's one of those Super Serious nights happening, on the server where the event is not happening. Otherwise the aces will just farm. Some aces (Sriia's bunch on TEH) will be less evil about it and try to stay out of the spawn, but most of them will just kill everything as soon as they see it (see also: it just spawned).

Newbies are not going to learn how not to fly into stuff if they've only got a minute to fly before the spawns get swarmed.

MiaowZedong
01.03.2015 , 01:06 AM | #17
Sometimes the better pilots do go easy. It looks like this.

Ryuku-sama
01.03.2015 , 01:40 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaowZedong View Post
Sometimes the better pilots do go easy. It looks like this.
Eh?? I see no 'better pilots' here. Sorry to tell you but even while dialing down, a good pilot cannot shoot innacurate.

ANd nothing here even breaks the 40% which is RFL + Pods accuracy target...
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

MiaowZedong
01.03.2015 , 01:54 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
Eh?? I see no 'better pilots' here. Sorry to tell you but even while dialing down, a good pilot cannot shoot innacurate.

ANd nothing here even breaks the 40% which is RFL + Pods accuracy target...
Dragon, you're by no means bad but there are a couple pilots there who outflew you last time you swung by our server. You shouldn't try to judge people by a single stat, in a game where you weren't present

Verain
01.03.2015 , 02:11 AM | #20
While I will definitely try out unorthodox or lesser ships/builds/components in less competitive games, I definitely feel no motivation to dial anything down, or "go easy" on anyone. That's just silly. It's a PvP game.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."