Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you roll and climb or roll and dive?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Do you roll and climb or roll and dive?

Lendul
01.18.2015 , 07:48 PM | #11
I do both it just depends which is closer.

RickDagles
01.19.2015 , 01:48 PM | #12
I climb if my ship has powerdive and roll and climb if it doesn't.

TheGreatSatan
01.20.2015 , 01:37 AM | #13
I do both in different situations. Now that I think about it I'm not quite sure exactly what makes me decide to do one or the other, but it's always quite deliberate, and I'm definitely not choosing at random. It probably has a lot to do with where my target is relative to me and what's near/next to/around us.
Strix of The Bastion

MiaowZedong
01.20.2015 , 06:31 AM | #14
If it's a perfectly 90 roll either way, I deadlock and cannot decide which to do

I'm joking, but I'm honestly not sure what I would bias to. It's always whatever gives me the shortest roll, taking into account anticipated movements of the target (which may or may not be correct anticipations, so sometimes I screw up).

BDragonSith
01.21.2015 , 06:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by tommmsunb View Post
Neither, I do a mix of yaw and pitch and roll when I do hard turns because its harder to hit somebody who's corkscrewing.
This. Diving is nice, but once you get a solid corkscrew turn going, nothing short a missile lock is going to get you. I find that a lot of pilots fly straight at you when they shoot, so I just spiral and keep my crosshairs on them in it. Its a lot easier than it sounds. Aiming is harder, but I rarely get hit, especially if I've got the afterburners on.

DamascusAdontise
01.21.2015 , 07:12 PM | #16
I tend to roll a lot, whether im chasing / being pursued or not *shrug* I guess I just like to do it

I usually start by diving then roll until the target is just above the mid point of the screen. At this point I climb to track the target and constantly roll with the target so that they remain slightly above mid center screen.

Its really difficult to say with certainty without a video though. I know of certain situations where I dive, and others where I fly sideways or upside down. Like others have said I guess depends on where your ship is, where the enemy is, and where your trying to go.
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!