Why have the 5k healing medal?

smerkle

When it's impossible to get without cheesing it up with tons of cooldowns and buffs all while not in combat and no trauma debuff? 4k seems a little more reasonable, dps specs wouldn't be able to get it and true healers would routinely get another medal that we desperately need.

I say this as a Level 21 Commando, medic spec'ed:

I healed for 4.9k today in a warzone. This is not a heavily twinked character. It is, in fact, my first character. 30 stacks on SCC, and I assume a crit on regular Medical Probe. I do not think that a 5k heal is unreasonable at all.

First of all reread what I said. I can normally get 4.7-4.8 crits with SCC up + my trinket and in theory I could hit 5k if I popped an Expertise adrenal. The point is, the only way you can reach these numbers is when you pop all these cooldowns when you are not actually PvPing, but out of combat in a corner or something.

Nowhere in your brief post did you say that you regularly can get 4.7-4.8k heals. Nor did you specify which buffs you had/considered to be "cheesed up on"

Again, level 21. No trinket. No adrenals. Yes, SCC was stacked. I don't have Potent Medicine yet. I don't have any points in Advanced Tech. I wasn't using Bacta Infusion. I don't have Med Zone. I was, obviously, bolstered to "~49". I hadn't popped SCC, I was sitting on the 30-stack (so 3% vs 10%).

I didn't have any ridiculous buffs. I had just recently respawned and run into the fray, so didn't have the benefit of all those buffs people throw out before the gates drop.

Now, granted, I wasn't being focused. I had just knocked one guy off of me and froze him. Then I healed a teammate, and saw a big ol' "49xx" pop up, and thought "Dang, that was an impressive heal."

If I can get a heal crit like that with such limited bonuses, I don't think it will be much of an issue at all for folks who are 50, spec'ed to heal, and have gear that increases their proficiency with healing.

Sorry that you can't manage to fit any detail at all into your original post, and instead just whine vaguely.

In a warzone, you get the Bolstered buff if you're <50 (I don't mean to insult you if you already know this, so sorry in advance). With that, all damage, healing, stats, etc scale to ~49. So I can heal like a Level 49 player who only has 11 skill points.

I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm just telling you that it happened.

Rereading *your* post, it seems I mis-spoke. I can understand the disbelief, and again, not asking you to believe me. I know what I saw with my own eyes, and I am just relaying that on to you all as it relates to the thread.

In a warzone, you get the Bolstered buff if you're <50 (I don't mean to insult you if you already know this, so sorry in advance). With that, all damage, healing, stats, etc scale to ~49. So I can heal like a Level 49 player who only has 11 skill points.

I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm just telling you that it happened.

Yes everyone knows how bolster works. Wouldn't you think a level 50 with full champion gear would heal more then a level 49 with 11 skill points? I healed some while I was leveling and I don't remember even hitting 4k much less nearly 5k. So you must be either trolling or the stars aligned with every buff in the game.

Edited by smerkle

Yes, I am aware that Bolstering is common knowledge. That's why I apologized in advance if he already knew it. While unlikely, it is entirely possible that someone could go 1-50 without touching PvP, and be so oblivious that they never notice the "Bolstered" buff on other players, never question it, and show utter disbelief when a level 21 reports a 5k heal. Unlikely, but possible. So I was accounting for that. Sue me.

As for "don't you think a 50 could outheal you..." Not only would I think that, I actually said it. Maybe *you're* the one that needs to re-read a post or two...

If I can get a heal crit like that with such limited bonuses, I don't think it will be much of an issue at all for folks who are 50, spec'ed to heal, and have gear that increases their proficiency with healing.

Also, I already addressed your concern over the "stars-aligned buffs". They weren't there. Or at least, not on me. And I highly doubt that my target had a buff that enabled me to heal so significantly higher than you have reported your own heals doing.

I'll say this one last time for you: It happened. Under normal (read: no excess of buffs) combat circumstances in a warzone, I had a single Medical Probe crit-heal for 4900 some health. I have had others in the 4500+ range. 4900 stood out. Believe what you want. I know what I saw.

Whatever you say champ...are you getting 5k damage crits too?

Wait did I read you got those under "combat circumstances" ? Okay now I know you're trolling, combat gives you a -30% healing debuff in pvp....rofl

Edited by smerkle

Oh gosh, oh no, you caught me! I had every reason in the world to lie to you, and so I chose to use each and every last one of those reasons to justify coming in here and trolling your pants straight off your cute little tooshie!

Seriously, grow up. I literally have *no* reason to lie to you. You can keep your head lodged soundly up inside your cute little tooshie all day if that's what makes you happy, but it doesn't change the fact that I landed a 4.9k crit-heal shortly after Conc'ing away, and freezing a player off of me, while having minimal buffs, and being underleveled, in a PvP warzone.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Oh gosh, oh no, you caught me! I had every reason in the world to lie to you, and so I chose to use each and every last one of those reasons to justify coming in here and trolling your pants straight off your cute little tooshie!

Seriously, grow up. I literally have *no* reason to lie to you. You can keep your head lodged soundly up inside your cute little tooshie all day if that's what makes you happy, but it doesn't change the fact that I landed a 4.9k crit-heal shortly after Conc'ing away, and freezing a player off of me, while having minimal buffs, and being underleveled, in a PvP warzone.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

I like you.

as 50 combat medic with full rakata/columini gear(better for pvp raw healing that pvp equipment with expertise that is useless for heal)i heal for 5400 or so on pve but on pvp i cant heal more than 4500 or so.

btw if u have healed 4900 can be because u healed to yourself with the talents to 6 % more healing on you or u healed to another class with more healing talents

Level 40 now and I have never healed for over 4100. I usually end each pvp game with between 150 - 175K healing. I think the stars really did align with you. I agree with the OP, the 5K achievement seems akin to winning the lottery or buying 5,000,000 tickets.