Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: January 8th, 2019

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: January 8th, 2019
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Batwer
01.04.2019 , 03:11 PM | #21
Well, let's hope the little hotfix is ​​not too small. And hopefully we will find out before the end of next week what will be fixed.
By the way, if I'm allowed to do 4x MM FP without good rewards next week, I'll freak out.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Kryptonomic
01.04.2019 , 03:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Yo leave Musco alone. He only does what he's told to do. The shape of the game is not his fault.
There is a huge amount of truth to this. I think the sentiment you're seeing is based on how (seemingly) unable Eric and others are to anticipate how people are going to react. For example, it would have taken them no time at all to see there are many bugs and people are unhappy about that, based on posts.

So while mentioning this back-end maintenance, good community management would have added something like this in anticipation of concern:

"We also know there are lots of bugs out there and y'all probably want to hear about fixes. That's definitely one of our top priorities and we're working on a schedule to get those fixed, tested and deployed to you all. I don't want to make hard commitments on dates right now because I'm sure most would agree that we want good fixes, not just fast fixes."

Obviously some people won't be happy no matter what. But you can go a long way by just showing that you understand the player base is frustrated, that they will likely be even more frustrated if they hear nothing, and, by anticipating that, try to head off any concern that you are either (a) unaware or (b) simply don't care.

And, as others have said already, it's clear that the team tried to rush things out by the time of the holiday and the breaks. That's never a good idea, largely for the reasons we all see here. BioWare's own past history provides ample examples of why this is bad idea. Given that they seemingly ignored (or were unaware of) the comments of many on PTS and given that they obviously don't have good in-house testing, that calls for even more community management.

mrphstar
01.04.2019 , 03:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Yo leave Musco alone. He only does what he's told to do. The shape of the game is not his fault.
hes the only way to reach out to the people to blame for this mess. if he cant handle it, i took the wrong job.

PorsaLindahl
01.04.2019 , 04:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
Well, let's hope the little hotfix is ​​not too small. And hopefully we will find out before the end of next week what will be fixed.
By the way, if I'm allowed to do 4x MM FP without good rewards next week, I'll freak out.
There is no little hotfix. It's back end maintenance. Which means work on the servers and not the game. Like you swapping out a video card on your PC. The game will still be broken with no changes to actual game play.

McBaal
01.04.2019 , 04:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
We are planning for a patch to happen in January, just not next week. Tentatively we are planning a small bug fix patch the follow week on January 15th. I will have more details on that next week.

-eric
Thx for the information and don't be bothered: We are harsh but i am sure we all love you Eric An since someone said you look like Arcann i can't kill the damn bastard anymore! I always think "oh look, he is our community manager, I don't want to kill him"...Curse you Eric Musco!

Damask_Rose
01.04.2019 , 05:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Trlance View Post
How funny of you all who started Ossus and now cry about bugs. I started it on 22 december and i play it that slowly, i don't need to be worry about bugs bcs before i will meet them, they will be fixed. This happen when all of you must done EVERYTHING in one day, haha

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander.
Nope. Some of the bugs affect you even if you never start Ossis on a single toon. Numerous decorations are broken and some character faces disappeared. Other bugs hit the moment you start. Like losing companions and access to some daily areas. Others you won’t notice until you start working your way through the story. Numerous story tags are jumbled up. People who should be dead aren’t, people who shouldn’t be are and sometimes they switch back and forth.

FYI, Bioware has a terrible track record for fixing bugs in a timely fashion, if they fix them at all. There are still known bugs from 4.0 that have yet to be fixed, and there are easily duplicated bugs even older than that.

TrixxieTriss
01.04.2019 , 09:57 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
We are planning for a patch to happen in January, just not next week. Tentatively we are planning a small bug fix patch the follow week on January 15th. I will have more details on that next week.

-eric
What about the damn gearing problems?????

If you think we are all going to stick around for another 9 monthe for you to fix this situation, you are sorely mistaken.

DavidAtkinson
01.05.2019 , 01:13 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
What about the damn gearing problems?????

If you think we are all going to stick around for another 9 monthe for you to fix this situation, you are sorely mistaken.
I think it is you who is sorely mistaken here.....

Batwer
01.05.2019 , 03:33 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I think it is you who is sorely mistaken here.....
You can get along well without a subscription. Mine runs until the end of February. Enough time that you can change something here.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Sarova
01.05.2019 , 11:16 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DragoshNashu View Post
This is what happens when you rush to put something out for the sake of having it out before the end of the year.................it would have been a lot better to just delay this launch til Jan. since it only brought about more frustration to an already dwindling player base.
Agree with all but the dwindling player base. The player base may well be dwindling but BW do not need to care about the player numbers; they only need to care about profit. With Pareto Principle in mind, only a small number of the entire player base are needed to produce a large amount of profit most likely via the cartel market. Some people are prepared to spend lots of their real life £/$/€s on shiny pixels (I am very guilty of this - it's like a vice; I spend way more on the cartel market then any amount of sub). I expect it's why so little thought/effort/resources are put into the game to create a stable update with a decent story - no story has held anyone's attention or been raved about since SoR and even that wasn't that great. They don't care about creating/fixing errors or bugs unless it involves the cartel market; CM issues are dealt with and fixed almost immediately they are reported.

Buying shinies on the CM will only hold people's attention for so long; at some point WoW classic (for me) or [insert more fulfilling, interesting game here] will start stealing away the big CM spenders and they will be left wondering why their profits have started to plummet.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link