Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nearly a month since I sent in my ticket via email. This is unacceptable.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Nearly a month since I sent in my ticket via email. This is unacceptable.

KyaniteD
01.03.2019 , 12:07 PM | #21
I wonder what exactly is so important to you - that they reply/acknowledge, or that they act?

How critical is the ToS violation? Severe harassment? Game-breaking cheating? Copyrighted character name? Does it require immediate attention? If not, remember we didn't just have holidays but also two game patches which produced a lot of bugs that affect the actual game progress of many players, whose tickets/issues will likely take priority over a non-critical ToS violation.

If it's anything requiring immediate attention, email is likely not the best way. (If screenshots are required, I open an in-game ticket first, to get a ticket number, then send an email with that ticket number in subject line.) For harassment there's an in-game reporting feature that raises the appropriate flags in the system, as is for a variety of other ToS violations. The In-game system pre-sorts and categorizes tickets while those arriving via email most likely have to be sorted manually, especially when the respective keywords are missing or misleading.
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
Donate your referral to
Dulfy / MMO-Fashion TORCommunityMe

Talon_strikes
01.03.2019 , 07:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
This thread, both the OP and the responses, is an excellent example of why people avoid the forums. Not the complaining, or the negativity, but the silly drama and 'trolling' over non-issues.
Thanks for your opinion but it was unnecessary as it's off-topic to the premise of my thread. Besides, if anyone is going to attack me for no good reason at all, I'm going to bite back.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Talon_strikes
01.03.2019 , 07:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
I wonder what exactly is so important to you - that they reply/acknowledge, or that they act?

How critical is the ToS violation? Severe harassment? Game-breaking cheating? Copyrighted character name? Does it require immediate attention? If not, remember we didn't just have holidays but also two game patches which produced a lot of bugs that affect the actual game progress of many players, whose tickets/issues will likely take priority over a non-critical ToS violation.

If it's anything requiring immediate attention, email is likely not the best way. (If screenshots are required, I open an in-game ticket first, to get a ticket number, then send an email with that ticket number in subject line.) For harassment there's an in-game reporting feature that raises the appropriate flags in the system, as is for a variety of other ToS violations. The In-game system pre-sorts and categorizes tickets while those arriving via email most likely have to be sorted manually, especially when the respective keywords are missing or misleading.
So you agree that this inflated wait time is ridiculous? As you said yourself, the devs also introduced 2 patches right before their super extended vacation. That was also ridiculous and unacceptable, but that's a discussion for another time.
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Atma
01.04.2019 , 01:07 AM | #24
Log off forever OP

Talon_strikes
01.04.2019 , 10:27 PM | #25
Has anyone gotten a response to their tickets yet?

Nightblazer
01.05.2019 , 09:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
Has anyone gotten a response to their tickets yet?
Since most of my tickets are bug reports no but only because they don't respond to those. The last real ticket I submitted which was over an accidentally deleted armor piece, I got a response in about 1 or 2 days after submitting the ticket.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Talon_strikes
01.05.2019 , 11:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Since most of my tickets are bug reports no but only because they don't respond to those. The last real ticket I submitted which was over an accidentally deleted armor piece, I got a response in about 1 or 2 days after submitting the ticket.
When did you submit that ticket about the armor? Around the holidays?

Damask_Rose
01.06.2019 , 12:43 PM | #28
I'm still waiting to hear back on my ticket from the 20th.

Talon_strikes
01.06.2019 , 11:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I'm still waiting to hear back on my ticket from the 20th.
Glad to definitively see I'm not the only one then. That's really sad to see. Well, tomorrow marks the first full work week of January so I hope they make a huge effort to catch up on all of the tickets and reports.

Ylliarus
01.07.2019 , 04:26 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
I sent a report via email on Dec 13, 2018 that has yet to be answered. I understand Nov and Dec are holiday months, but you guys shouldn't be backlogged this badly, nor shouldn't cs be on break as long as they are. I'm reporting players that have clearly violated the ToS and it's going to take weeks before my reports are even looked at, never mind investigated. This is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Edit: Before anyone else misinterprets the intention of this thread, all I'm saying is that this extreme extended que on ticket responses due to 2 days in November and December is unacceptable.
When you report a player ingame they do not respond to you, that's always been the case. I've once reported a player for really rude behaviour towards me and while the ticket was closed after a few days, I only got an automated reply and nothing more. Because they aren't allowed to tell you what they did, when they did it or to whom. So if you expect a detailed report then don't hold your breath, because they're not allowed to do that.

Also, as far as I know (and I have sent plenty of emails already) you never get a receive confirmation when sending an email to the SWTOR email address. Also, reporting doesn't happen via e-mail, you report a player by an ingame ticket. If it's something that's happening on the forums you can either use the report button we have here or send an email, but again, they are not obligated to notify you of what they're doing. They'll only notify you they're handling the situation in extreme cases, where something severe is going on.

I am wondering what breech of ToS the players you reported did, however, because if is something that's actually not a breach but you yourself consider it to be then that might be the reason why you received no reply. There's no reason to name or shame anyone here of course, so you don't have to tell us what happened. But are you really sure the reported behaviour was actually a breach of ToS? Not saying it's the case with you of course, but I have seen players report someone for avoiding mobs in a FP because they considered it to be hacking... so, suffice to say I usually am sceptical in threads like this one.

Also, sidenote, if you create a thread and expect or want people to solely agree with you, then I suggest not making the thread in the first place.
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.