Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will they ever allow us to abandon Facing the Machines of War operation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will they ever allow us to abandon Facing the Machines of War operation?

JoroA
11.30.2018 , 06:35 PM | #1
Seriously it has been more than a year since players were FORCED to do an operation, in order to get rid of it and no one liked it at all

I have no desire to do any operations and even less so if I am pushed in to doing it. Seriously who does that? You can even abandon Knights of the Fallen Empire and of the Eternal Throne content, which is the main story, but god forbid a player abandons a worthless operation.

Seriously whoever thought it was a good idea to make a quest that is stuck in your log like a virus that has no cure. Sure you can live with a disease and ignore it (untrack), or you can pay the unreasonable price for the cure (being forced to do what you do not want), well how about not spreading it in the first place...

FIX IT PLEASE, this is not an unreasonable request. Most if not all people dislike it and it is incredibly frustrating.

Pscyon
12.01.2018 , 08:35 PM | #2
I'd drop it too if I could. Not because I don't want to do the operation, but simply because I can't. I'm not in a guild that does operations, I have no intention of switching to one just to clear out my log, I've never seen anyone advertising an open spot for a DPS to come along for it and as recently as yesterday I was queued in LFO for over 5 hours without it popping. So yeah. Let me abandon it please. And take the redundant HK Weapons Protocol out of my mission item inventory while at it.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

ceryxp
12.01.2018 , 08:42 PM | #3
I don't runs OPs anymore. I haven't run an OP in years and I'm not likely to run one again. I accept that there is content I will never experience because I don't run OPs. But on several characters I am limited to 24 missions in my log because I am saddled with this [bleeping] mission I can't get rid of. Please, oh please BW, give us a way to abandon it.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

MikeCobalt
12.01.2018 , 11:03 PM | #4
Short answer.. "No". BioWare is really pushing the "Group Activities" lately and most likely will continue (Easier and Cheaper to make 1 new activity for everybody to be Occupied with instead of several). There simply ar'nt any indications of them doing anything else.

IoNonSoEVero
12.01.2018 , 11:18 PM | #5
+1

Even if someone does Ops, do they really want to do GftM on every single alt they bring through the story?

For those of us who don't want to do Ops, forcing us to keep it in the mission log isn't going to change that.

At least let people abandon it after it has remained in the log, unplayed, for six months or something.

Paziqi
12.02.2018 , 08:02 AM | #6
+1

I don't think it will ever happen, but I might as well add my approval here. Hate having that operation hogging a spot in my mission log. I'm purposely not taking several of my alts through Iokath just so I don't have to have it staring me in the face.

I'm never going to do it, Bioware. Let me abandon it.

Goreshaga
12.02.2018 , 01:10 PM | #7
+1.

I don't like group content and can't play any of it anyways thanks to my wonderfull connexion, so i'm probably never going to play any op and absolutely don't need it to stay there, never to be played.

aerockyul
12.02.2018 , 02:35 PM | #8
+1

Just do what they did with the Dread Masters Operation quest. It's abandonable and you can pick it up later anytime you want without damaging the work you did previous to that.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Euphemia Rose, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx
Kharaava, Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Lhancelot
12.02.2018 , 08:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JoroA View Post
I have no desire to do any operations and even less so if I am pushed in to doing it. Seriously who does that?
Welcome to the new meta of swtor. Forced to partake in activities they want you to do and be punished when you do what you want to do.

BTW to answer your question, BW does it.
Pookiemane SF Suffocates
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

Hudlar
12.02.2018 , 10:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
+1

Just do what they did with the Dread Masters Operation quest. It's abandonable and you can pick it up later anytime you want without damaging the work you did previous to that.
Yes, that definitely seems like the way to go.