2 manning HMs

I've just recently started 2 manning BT and I have done this four times now and i'm wondering if any other flashpoints are 2 man able.

My group is me, a sorc in almost full rakata and i'm heal specced and Xalek my melee companion in full columi and a sith jug in hybrid spec in full battle master with Jeasa his melee companion in tionese/blue gear. If you could also give me tips for two manning flashpoints that would be great.

edit: Also let me know if we need to change spec or gear for the other 2 man able HMs. note two manning includes companions

-ccoolmint

Edited by ccoolmint

Is this with or without companions?

I would imagine BT is one of the harder to do since companions would get one shot on the last boss from the AoE blast.

We do this with companions and set them to passive on each cyclone nova and run we generally have the boss at 5% at enrage and my friend just pops CDs and then we down her.

Edited by ccoolmint

I've done False Emperor without companions, except on HK where we used them to get secondary aggro for his stealth attacks. Group was sentinel and scoundrel healer. I've also done Kaon and Maelstrom with sentinel, guardian and doc heals.

I've done False Emperor without companions, except on HK where we used them to get secondary aggro for his stealth attacks. Group was sentinel and scoundrel healer. I've also done Kaon and Maelstrom with sentinel, guardian and doc heals.

how hard was kaon/ FE, how many wipes did you guys have and do you have any tips you can share with me?

Soloable:

Taral 5 (Republic)

Black Talon (Empire)

Duoable:

Kaon

False Emp

Maelstrom

At least that's all I've seen people do on my server. I myself have done the Taral 5 solo and the False Emp duo.

Edited by DarkDisturbed

Soloable:

Taral 5 (Republic)

Black Talon (Empire)

Duoable:

Kaon

False Emp

Maelstrom

At least that's all I've seen people do on my server. I myself have done the Taral 5 solo and the False Emp duo.

thank you any tips?

thank you any tips?

Well, for Taral 5 the key is just skipping trash.

For false emp, knock offs are your best friend and the best way to cut down the trash.

You'll want to have 2 players with universal CCs either way, and make sure you're using your Heroic Moment and Unity on the boss fights. Oh yeah, and if you have healer companions, disable their offensive abilities and make sure all companions are in the right stance.

Use medpacs, stims, relics, etc.

Well, for Taral 5 the key is just skipping trash.

For false emp, knock offs are your best friend and the best way to cut down the trash.

You'll want to have 2 players with universal CCs either way, and make sure you're using your Heroic Moment and Unity on the boss fights. Oh yeah, and if you have healer companions, disable their offensive abilities and make sure all companions are in the right stance.

Use medpacs, stims, relics, etc.

so what do you think my chances of doing this are with a tank with no cc?

so what do you think my chances of doing this are with a tank with no cc?

Hmm, not sure. I duo shadow it and I can skip most of the mobs because we can just stealth cc and get by them. I know its doable though, because a guardian and a sage have done it in my guild, but they're both rakata/campaign mixed with rakata companions.

Hmm, not sure. I duo shadow it and I can skip most of the mobs because we can just stealth cc and get by them. I know its doable though, because a guardian and a sage have done it in my guild, but they're both rakata/campaign mixed with rakata companions.

how many wipes did you have?

Edited by ccoolmint

Soloable:

Taral 5 (Republic)

Black Talon (Empire)

Duoable:

Kaon

False Emp

Maelstrom

I am compiling video guides for 2 man hm flashpoints. You can find it in my sig and comments are welcome.

I am a huge fan of co-ops, specially because finding 2 more people on my server can take all day.

Everything except Lost Island is currently Duo-able with daily commendation mods and armorings. Not because of its hardness but because some of its buggy mechanics. I am still trying to finish Lost Island 2 man on hard mode. As soon as I have it, will be posting it on my video guides for 2 man stuffz.

for a fresh 50 , I recommend getting the daily gear and grind Kaon and T5 till you get some lvl 56 mods then you can knock off the rest of the hm Flashpoints.

Directive 7 hm by far is the hardest to 2 man but once you find a rythm you can knock that off as well in less than a half hour and get free legs. My only grumble is that if you run with companion, the columi peices don't drop for off-class companions.

Edited by Cytherion

I am compiling video guides for 2 man hm flashpoints. You can find it in my sig and comments are welcome.

I am a huge fan of co-ops, specially because finding 2 more people on my server can take all day.

Everything except Lost Island is currently Duo-able with daily commendation mods and armorings. Not because of its hardness but because some of its buggy mechanics. I am still trying to finish Lost Island 2 man on hard mode. As soon as I have it, will be posting it on my video guides for 2 man stuffz.

for a fresh 50 , I recommend getting the daily gear and grind Kaon and T5 till you get some lvl 56 mods then you can knock off the rest of the hm Flashpoints.

Directive 7 hm by far is the hardest to 2 man but once you find a rythm you can knock that off as well in less than a half hour and get free legs. My only grumble is that if you run with companion, the columi peices don't drop for off-class companions.

I checked out your vids, awesome! This is how my brother and I plan on doing most of our FPs so I had a few questions:

• I have purple mods from dailies and rak bracer and belt (tank), my brother just hit 50 so not much (healer) then we use our pets as DPS (recruit geared). It looks like you are using healing pets and going DPS, do you feel this is more viable?
  • What is your gear in relation to these FPs?
  • You recommended grinding Kaon, would this be before trying HM Esseles or Black Talon?

• It looks like you are using healing pets and going DPS, do you feel this is more viable?
  • What is your gear in relation to these FPs?
  • You recommended grinding Kaon, would this be before trying HM Esseles or Black Talon?

Hey thanks!

Using heal companions vs dps companions:

2 Healing companions are viable for almost all hard mode fights (except Lost Island). DPS from a companion even massively geared is only about 10% of a player dps. Another combination that has worked but is risky is to have a dps tank and use player heals.

IMO its safer as player tank and player dps and 2 heal companions stacked with pow-alacrity. I would recommend maxing out their affection and possible max affection on all companions for the extra presence.

If you are grinding Kaon, 2 companion dps could work with help from a little player aoe at the final boss. Your brother could also basically DPS as healing spec and help out. I am thinking about going back in and making a vid from a healer perspective.

Anyways, when we first started 2 manning hard modes, we started with Kaon and Taral V while geared with daily commendation armorings etc and crafted purples (augmented). I would not recommend Esseles, it is hard for an undergeared duo due to nasty enrages from Lord Vokk and Ironfist. Here is an esseles vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAElfQ1K4O0

Once you get your first couple of columi peices you can move into Battle of Ilum and False Emp to get the next.

Your final peice rests in Directive 7 (which is the hardest 2man but doable once you pass bulwark)

Our gear level:

We prefer not to raid (burnt out from raiding from raiding in several mmos) so our gear level for swtor is full columi currently but when we started we started from the ground up.

Edited by Cytherion

Great we'll get to cracking on Kaon and Tarval and report back our experiences. We had been doing Black Talon but enrages were kicking our butts, so it was always a toss up and not super productive.

On raid night once, myself and a guild BH healer, he was in full Rakata, I was in Columi with a few pieces of Rakata

We did False Emp, my Quinn out, and his Blizz, Blizz tanked and the only boss we had any issue on was HK, but that was only because you cant make companions do AoE when HK goes into stealth, after that it was easy sailing.

Yeah a Healer and myself have been two manning HM FP's on Port Nowhere. It really has made the game exciting and challenging again xD.

I think this is a beginning of a new kind of experience in gaming. We are all used to the old ways but BW should think some more in this direction. They have something here.

I put together a semi-detailed guide here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=463772

feel free to add your experiences to it.

Thanks for the guides, my brother and me have done Kaon Under Siege a few times now. There are really only two areas where we get tripped up if we aren't focused; the Behemoth (sometimes his knock backs can really ruin your rhythm), and multiple infected mercenaries (at one point you get jumped and need to handle two, it can be tough). Loved your guides and loving the new gear. Edited by ADPowah

Thanks for the guides, my brother and me have done Kaon Under Siege a few times now. There are really only two areas where we get tripped up if we aren't focused; the Behemoth (sometimes his knock backs can really ruin your rhythm), and multiple infected mercenaries (at one point you get jumped and need to handle two, it can be tough). Loved your guides and loving the new gear.

thats good to hear! If mercs are a pain, after you kill the rakhghoul, you can skip the double merc packs by hugging the left wall and walk along the left wall to bypass the 2 mercenary group

you could probably do most FP's with companions to be honest. my nadia can do almost 1000 dps. a fully geared zenith is even higher.

tank helaer combo with raid geared pets could duo most in game i will bet except ones that require clicking and such like Lost isle.

Let me start off by saying this is an awesome thread...i really enjoy all of the ways people have expanded on the normal hm fp's. Our guild has cleared story mode denova and nightmare kp and ev and we were the server first clear of hm lost island. We got hit pretty hard with D3 coming out losing 5 or 6 of our #1 raid team. So to keep up the raids, we started 4 manning ev and kp normal. While it doesnt drop higher gear tiers for us, it keeps the game incredibly fun. Our team is a jug tank in 3 rakata pieces not including main and off hand. Then a sorc healer in 4/5 rakata, a sorc lighting dps with 1 piece of rakata the rest columi and then myself as a sorc madness dps with 1 piece of black hole gear and all the rest rakata. While some would argue that were over geared for the raid, we still hit enrage on some bosses. Weve found the hardest fight is the turrets before the annihilator droid in ev. The turrets seem to eat us up if we dont stand exactly in the right spot behind the first turret. We've yet to try any of the hm fp's 2 man though so ill bring it up to our gm. Just curious on what you guys think would be the ideal team to 2 man the fp's? Weve started to get enough raiders back to where we have all classes raid geared. So to all of you who have done this before, what have ya'll found works the best in tandem?

Let me start off by saying this is an awesome thread...i really enjoy all of the ways people have expanded on the normal hm fp's. Our guild has cleared story mode denova and nightmare kp and ev and we were the server first clear of hm lost island. We got hit pretty hard with D3 coming out losing 5 or 6 of our #1 raid team. So to keep up the raids, we started 4 manning ev and kp normal. While it doesnt drop higher gear tiers for us, it keeps the game incredibly fun. Our team is a jug tank in 3 rakata pieces not including main and off hand. Then a sorc healer in 4/5 rakata, a sorc lighting dps with 1 piece of rakata the rest columi and then myself as a sorc madness dps with 1 piece of black hole gear and all the rest rakata. While some would argue that were over geared for the raid, we still hit enrage on some bosses. Weve found the hardest fight is the turrets before the annihilator droid in ev. The turrets seem to eat us up if we dont stand exactly in the right spot behind the first turret. We've yet to try any of the hm fp's 2 man though so ill bring it up to our gm. Just curious on what you guys think would be the ideal team to 2 man the fp's? Weve started to get enough raiders back to where we have all classes raid geared. So to all of you who have done this before, what have ya'll found works the best in tandem?