"Sharp" crystals?

G-Mead

Where can I get or learn to make "sharp" crystals (+power). Theran has one in his gun and many colors and strengths are listed on Torhead. But all my artificer can make are +crit & + endurance crystals. And I've broken down several green quality crystals to get blue quality +crit & +end crystals. But so far no +power. So far breaking down blue quality crystal isn't doing it either, and I can't see any vendor for them.

Hmm... You can get schematics for the magenta power crystal from the new vendor or a world boss.

Besides that? No idea. Not sure you can, actually. Well, some of the crafted lightsabers might come with +power crystals in them, I guess.

You should be able to get schematics from reverse engineering for 3 different specs:

http://www.lonestranger.net/swtor/re/SWTOR_RE_GUIDE.png

Bear in mind that at the present, reverse engineering chances are lower than BW intended for high level items, and it is possible to "discover" the same schematic twice, effectively reducing the chances of learning a new one.

Bioware is aware of the shortcomings there and intends to modify the system at the 1.2 release to increase chances of RE at high levels, to eliminate the waste of discovering the same schematic twice, and to clearly mark in the tooltip whether an item can be improved by reverse engineering.

So--possible, but a pain atm =)

You should be able to get schematics from reverse engineering for 3 different specs:

http://www.lonestranger.net/swtor/re/SWTOR_RE_GUIDE.png

Bear in mind that at the present, reverse engineering chances are lower than BW intended for high level items, and it is possible to "discover" the same schematic twice, effectively reducing the chances of learning a new one.

Bioware is aware of the shortcomings there and intends to modify the system at the 1.2 release to increase chances of RE at high levels, to eliminate the waste of discovering the same schematic twice, and to clearly mark in the tooltip whether an item can be improved by reverse engineering.

So--possible, but a pain atm =)

That chart does not apply to crafting crystals. There are not 3 different "specs" for crystals. Artifice gets crit and endurance for now. I imagine more will be added in 1.2

A) Torhead is a terrible source of info - it's horribly outdated and inaccurate. Most if not all of their info is from early beta builds and most of what you find there either does not exist, or is currently unavailable.

B) There is only one +power crystal that is currently craftable, and that is the +33 Magenta, which is obtainable as a world boss drop or (temporarily) a vendor recipe.

C) Reverse engineering does not change intrinsic stat on a color crystal - you will not miraculously learn a +Power recipe by reverse engineering a +Crit or +End crystal.

D) Crafted lightsabers do actually come pre-fitted with +power crystals but removing them from the saber binds them to you, and reverse engineering of them does NOT grant you the recipe.

This message brought to you by the letters A, B, C, and D

Edited by Natarii