6 champ bags, not one piece of gear.

bobothewizard

Working as intended, thanks.

Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced. Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations.

Good job reading there, champ.

Don't you love Bioware, they decided to give us the tokens and LOWER the chance that you get the piece of equipment after they allowed everyone else to roll onto Battlemaster so now you have to work 10 times as hard and you have to endure a great many matches where you will get rolled.

But remember, Bioware listens to you. No really, they do... I mean they are sure to say it everywhere while the make this game even more unenjoyable to play with every patch.

pvp is a snoozefest anyways, horribly skewed objectives that can be almost impossible to defend sometimes, and the rez system they implemented sucks so hard its giving me monkey bites. I stoped playing the game and am already planning on finding a way to sell my account to my friend. Ill let someone else deal with this *****torm of a game.

Starting at rank 1 if you were to pvp at 50 and do all your dailies everyday you could get full champion gear by rank 30....complain all you want about how much better the system is but when you hit rank 30 and are in full champion gear don't come back and complain about still needing 30 ranks to hit battlemaster before you can start gearing up again.

before the bags were changed i hit full champion at 34 and as much as i wanted it i regret it now knowing it's going to be a while before i can gear up again however i now have many ranks to work on my skill so i'm not a scrubby battlemaster that has no idea how to play their class like i've seen multiple of already.

Edited by Masterdeathh

Rolled into battlemaster? Your opening champ bags. And screwed people?!

Lets talk about screwed. Opened 23 champ bags and got a relic and from tokens bought two pieces of cent gear.

Since patch ive opened 5 bags and gotten enough to buy 1 champ item and two cent items.

Way better. Open 6 bags and cry.... it was a 20 percent chance before. Somebody ban this carebears forum privleges pls.

People need to whine about things just for the sake of whining

THis change makes it easier and more convient for new levle 50s to get needed gear, and the ability for you to CHOOSE what item you want, and you get the bonus sometimes of random item token.

100% better than previous method, Any complaint/debate you want to make about that is false. Sorry

Try being a battlemaster.

Precisely. What brilliant mind on their team thought battlemaster bags should contain only champion commendations instead of making it like the other commendation/gear prices? What BM wants more worthless champion commendations?

Edited by Twohit

Precisely. What brilliant mind on their team thought battlemaster bags should contain only champion commendations instead of making it like the other commendation/gear prices? What BM wants more worthless champion commendations?

Need to gear out all your companions?

Try being a battlemaster.

I've been BM since before 1.1 and I've only got 3 pieces >_>

Though the difference between champ and battlemaster isn't really that bad. (color is better for the bh).

the key here is that in a week you can be in full cent with a few pieces of champion. In 3 weeks you will be in full champion. Then you start the battlemaster grind, however bioware has already stated that in march when ranked warzones come out, battlemaster will be normalized for steady progression.

My guess is they are going to add a new weekly that grants a bag that always contains battlemaster tokens for one piece of gear.

That weekly would be something like "Win 5 Ranked matches".

I feel so bad for bioware...

They had gear tokens drop by a Random Number Generator, and they were hated on for it.

They change it to where you control what pieces you get by granting more commendations instead of random tokens, and they get hated on for it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is absolutely no way they can please everyone. I agree the change can be seen as frustrating, but they tried to adjust to what many people were complaining about.

With the past system, people complained that someone who puts in a little time could luck up and gear out quickly whereas someone could put in way more time and be screwed due to the nature of the random bags.

Now they get blasted for making the grind longer by making individual tokens drop less often and increasing commendation drops.

I seriously (this isn't directed at anyone, just a general thought) don't know what Bioware could do to please every player.

What they could do is throw out RNG completely. They initiated a system that's a joke to begin with. I love them as a company but hate them as a MMO developer. I stopped playing my 50s for just these reasons. I'm hoping by March they actually fix this system so it makes sense.

What they could do is throw out RNG completely. They initiated a system that's a joke to begin with. I love them as a company but hate them as a MMO developer. I stopped playing my 50s for just these reasons. I'm hoping by March they actually fix this system so it makes sense.

That's pretty much what they did - the RNG is almost nonexistent in Champ gear now. They give you Champ Comms now so you can save up and actually pick the gear you want instead of being handed a random chance at getting 5 offhands.

Edited by Vid-szhite

I don't see everyone's problem. I've gotten so much gear, my companions and I are in full BM gear with custom enhancements taken from extra pieces of PvP gear. Giving me a total of over 8 full sets of gear and I'm not even War Hero yet...

I have full dps and tank gear, and it is all super easy to get. After the patch, I've been able to buy 3 more pieces with all the commendations in the two days it's been out...

I do have an idea. Change it back the way it was and make the piece that would drop from the bag able to buy any piece not just specific piece. You receive a champion token, go buy a piece of gear.

some of us don't have scrub luck and get every pvp item as soon as they hit 50 and open up bags they saved for or get in their first weekly. this bag change is what they should have done since the start.

10 bags with commendations = 1 champion set item. That's almost a guaranteed champion item per week. This entire system is much fairer for fresh 50s and any current 50's who arent battlemaster rank and not fully champion geared.

Just because you were getting lucky doesn't mean everyone was. I know friends of mine who opened over 15-20 bags in a row and nothing but 3 commendations. Now they can do the same and have a minimum of 2 champion set items, and a lot of centurion gear options with the marks they get.

I hope the BM's get similar treatment soon, as it must suck for them if they're not lucky.

Gearing up is much faster than before. Can't believe people are complaining about it.

+1,

with my alt, opened about 17-20 bags with patch (save bags and pvp commendations for the patch), I am now full centurion and already 4-5 champion items (got 1 lucky champion token)

I can finally pvp with a fresh 50 instead of being farmed.

The new system is A LOT better imo.

Gear progression can be chosen by the player and not by the gods of RNG.

Champion tokens from Champion bags = <3

+ you can actually get full centurion in a few days if you play actively.

Somebody ban this carebears forum privleges pls.

I think that is a wonderful idea : ban everyone that has a different opinion than you. Who cares for other people's opinion's anyway, only YOUR opinion can be valid!

Ban, ban, ban evveryone that dares too, mother of all horrors, express their opinion here, on the game forums!!!

100% better than previous method, Any complaint/debate you want to make about that is false. Sorry

That doesn't mean it is a good system : the old system was so HORRIBLE that it was hard to come up with anything that was NOT better.

Any complaint/debate you want to make about that is false. Sorry

Edited by Yogol