Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medicine / Sawbones Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Medicine / Sawbones Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.16.2019 , 08:28 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Following our Onslaught announcement at SW Celebration we want to start diving into feedback right away. I want to use this thread to talk about Tactical Item effects and Set Bonuses for Medicine and Sawbones Disciplines. Our goal for set bonuses is to introduce new bonuses, and potentially with even new sizes so you can mix and match. Tactical Items are a new item type that is meant to be build defining and most likely to directly impact how an ability works. For inspiration here are two completely made up Chain Lightning Examples:
  1. Chain Lightning now does all of its total damage to only one target, and no longer jumps.
  2. Chain Lightning now jumps even more and does additional damage to secondary targets.

That would allow you to take a standard ability and allow it to be modified to fit your playstyle. Please use this thread to brainstorm ideas and make as many recommendations as you would like! For context:
  • Tactical Items: These should modify one of your Advanced Class/Discipline abilities to work differently. The goal is for you to use the ability in situations you previously wouldn’t (more often, against specific targets, etc)
  • Set Bonuses: These should be focused on the broader “kind of tools” your class uses, but not specific abilities. Some examples are sets that center around bleeds, force damage, lightning, shields, cover, and so on.
Set bonuses, tacticals, both, let us know what you would like to see. I may not respond frequently in this thread but know that I am going to be compiling everything and sending it over to the team.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eloi_BG
04.16.2019 , 11:31 AM | #2
Tactical items:
- Instead of healing, recuperative nanotech refreshes probes on everyone it hits (might be op, some tuning maybe required here, like only add half the duration or something)
- Instead of refreshing kolto probes, surgical probe make all the stacks of kolto probe instantly heal the target for the amount left on the heal over time (once again might be op, maybe make it so it only heals for x% of the healing left)
- (dunno if I like this last one but wild idea) If a kolto probe (with 1 or 2 stacks) heals someone that is already at max hp, it jumps to another ally. Not sure how to select this ally, here are ideas: (1) Ally with lowest hp that doesn't already have probes (stay on target of none apply) or (2) Ally with lowest hp, if he already has probes add whatever time was left on the jumping probes

Set bonus:
- Give DR (or other passive bonus, like power or soemthing) for every ally buffed by you (not counting class buffs)
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Pizza_boy
04.16.2019 , 01:56 PM | #3
Some ideas I came up with real quick:

Set Bonus:

AOE healing set bonus:

2 piece: Increased amount of healing for X amount of time
4 piece: Recuperative Nanotech heal boost by X amount
6 piece: Reduced CD of Kolto Waves or Recuperative Nanotech

General healing set bonus:

2 piece: Kolto Injection auto crit
4 piece: Increased healing (or critical chance?) of Surgical Probe by X amount
6 piece: Each tick of Kolto Probe restores (2?) energy. (This would have to be limited to a finite amount of probes)

Defensive Set Bonus:

2 piece: Increased amount of absorbed damage from Shield Probe by X amount
4 piece: Stim Boost now grants interrupt immunity for its duration
6 piece: Evasion grants stun immunity for its duration (this might be too op but idk)

Tactical Items:

-Turning Recuperative Nanotech into a stronger single target heal
-Turning Kolto Infusion into a weaker AOE heal
-Recuperative Nanotech spreads 1 Kolto Probe to affected targets
-Diagnostic Scan is now a weaker AOE heal
-Stim boost now grants 2 stacks of Enduring Kolto (allowing for 2 auto Injections/Infusions)
- Reduced energy cost of Kolto Waves
- Countermeasures now grants X amount of DR
Laet
<Failure>

Rion_Starkiller
04.16.2019 , 02:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pizza_boy View Post
Some ideas I came up with real quick:

Set Bonus:

AOE healing set bonus:

2 piece: Increased amount of healing for X amount of time
4 piece: Recuperative Nanotech heal boost by X amount
6 piece: Reduced CD of Kolto Waves or Recuperative Nanotech

General healing set bonus:

2 piece: Kolto Injection auto crit
4 piece: Increased healing (or critical chance?) of Surgical Probe by X amount
6 piece: Each tick of Kolto Probe restores (2?) energy. (This would have to be limited to a finite amount of probes)

Defensive Set Bonus:

2 piece: Increased amount of absorbed damage from Shield Probe by X amount
4 piece: Stim Boost now grants interrupt immunity for its duration
6 piece: Evasion grants stun immunity for its duration (this might be too op but idk)

Tactical Items:

-Turning Recuperative Nanotech into a stronger single target heal
-Turning Kolto Infusion into a weaker AOE heal
-Recuperative Nanotech spreads 1 Kolto Probe to affected targets
-Diagnostic Scan is now a weaker AOE heal
-Stim boost now grants 2 stacks of Enduring Kolto (allowing for 2 auto Injections/Infusions)
- Reduced energy cost of Kolto Waves
- Countermeasures now grants X amount of DR
This pls.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

happysister
04.16.2019 , 03:51 PM | #5
Tactical Items:
- Every third Underworld Medicine use has its cast time reduced by 100%, and it's Energy requirement reduced by 50%.
- Emergency Medpac no longer has an energy requirement, always grants a stack of Upper Hand when used, and its power is increased by 10%.
- Kolto Cloud now affects up to 8 allies standing within 10m of the initial target.
- Kolto Cloud now only affects 1 target, lasts for 3 seconds, and it's cooldown is increased to 30 seconds. That target gains 10% damage reduction for the duration of the skill.
- Kolto Pack now has 2 charges instead of 1 (meaning you can use the skill twice before having to wait for the skill's personal cooldown to expire, like Scamper).
- You can now use Defense Screen on any ally other than yourself.
- Placing Vital Shot on an enemy now heals the enemy's target, instead of damaging the enemy.
- Lacerating Blast now heals allies instead of damaging enemies.
- [ON USE] Eliminate the Upper Hand requirement for Kolto Pack, and reduce it's cooldown by 100% for 5 seconds. (3 min cooldown)
- [ON USE] Underworld Medicine can be cast while moving for 10 seconds. (3 min cooldown)

Set Bonus:
- Using Scamper makes you immune to interrupts and ability activation pushback for 5 seconds. Can happen once every 45 seconds.
- Using Dodge reduces Force and Tech damage taken by 75% for the duration of the skill.
- For every stack of Slow-Release Medpac you have on a group member (including yourself), increase your damage reduction by 1%.
- For every stack of Slow-Release Medpac you have on a group member (including yourself), increase your alacrity rating by ???%.
- For every stack of Slow-Release Medpac you have on a group member (including yourself), increase your critical rating by ???%.
- For every stack of Slow-Release Medpac you have on a group member (including yourself), increase your movement speed by ???%.
- The first tick of Kolto Waves refreshes all HoTs that the user placed on all group members hit, and if any group member hit by the first tick of Kolto Waves had 1 stack of Slow-Release Medpac on them, increase the stack count to 2.
- Kolto Waves increases the AOE damage reduction of all allies in its target area by 30% for the duration of the skill (does not stack).
- (This one's a bit complicated, but meh.) If Slow-Release Medpac would heal a target that is already at 100% health, Slow-Release Medpac expires, and places an absorb shield on the target that absorbs an amount of damage equal to the sum of the remaining heals of each stack of Slow-Release on that target. Does not work on targets already at 100% health when Slow-Release Medpac is applied or refreshed. The absorb shield lasts for 20 seconds or until consumed.

I'll post more later if I come up with others.
<Fortitude>
Lorhin - Gunslinger | Sashel - Scoundrel
Shylar - Guardian | Meewa - Sage
RIP my old servers [The Corsair, Canderous Ordo, Jedi Covenant] .

Ubarave
04.16.2019 , 04:31 PM | #6
One suggestion would be to add some functionality to diagnostic scan. Maybe a toggle that switches between:

1. Diagnostic Scan doubles the tick rate of all HoTs on current target for the duration of the channel.

2. Diagnostic Scan increases the critical rating of the current target by X percent for the duration of the channel.

3. Diagnostic Scan increases the absorb rating of the current target by X percent for the duration of the cannel.

Basically you can choose between healing throughput, offense, or defense.

Ollmich
04.17.2019 , 06:52 AM | #7
I’d like to have an option to use big / moderate instant heals on the move since there’re fights where constant movement during certain phases is required, and HoTs are not always enough to keep group members alive. It’s especially stressful if scoundrel / op is the only healer in the group (e.g. MM FPs: final boss in Assault on Tython, bonus boss in Lost Island). Suggestion for Tactical Item:
  • Kolto Pack / Kolto Infusion can be used on the move
  • OR Underworld Medicine / Kolto Injection can be used on the move but goes on x sec CD (maybe 5 sec?)

happysister
04.17.2019 , 03:09 PM | #8
Here's a couple more I thought up...

Tactical Item:
- In addition to damaging enemies, Bushwhack now heals allies standing in its radius.
- Diagnostic Scan can now be used on enemies, grants the user "Unshakeable" for the duration of the skill, gains a 30 second cooldown, and reduces the accuracy of the enemy target by 20% for the duration of the skill.
- Diagnostic Scan can now be used on enemies, grants the user "Unshakeable" for the duration of the skill, gains a 30 second cooldown, and increases incoming damage to the enemy target from all sources by 5% for the duration of the skill.
- Tranquilizer can now be used on group members, and grants them 20% alacrity and immunity to interrupts and pushback for 10 seconds. The user can only hand out this buff once every 2 minutes.
- [ON USE] Grants a buff so that the next use of Triage now cleanses up to 8 allies within 40m of the user. The buff lasts for 10 seconds. (2 minute cooldown)
<Fortitude>
Lorhin - Gunslinger | Sashel - Scoundrel
Shylar - Guardian | Meewa - Sage
RIP my old servers [The Corsair, Canderous Ordo, Jedi Covenant] .

Sebastianne
04.18.2019 , 04:42 AM | #9
It would be nice to have a PVE set that makes it so Stim Boost turns Kolto waves into orbital Kolto Strike allowing us to cast something and keep throwing out single target heals more efficiently in a pinch but with a considerable cooldown to make it not insanely OP.

I would also like something for toughness in pvp, the other 2 healers get something where they can more or less stay in combat and keep fighting. We do get cloaking screen but unless you take the util you typically get popped out of it in seconds. A bonus to make cloaking screen give us 4 seconds of invulnerability while in stealth to let our hots tick a bit would be awesome.

Note for balance: it would also be nice to get unkakeable on the first roll, not the second since most of us rarely double roll, it triggers the stuck bug that ultimately gets us booted out of WZ, it's very obvious and usually someone just runs up and stuns us, and we try to space out the exfiltrate mitigation bonus as much as possible; instead give it the cooldown from proccing as if it were the same as it is. Maybe make Curbing Strategies utility work on toxic haze for medicine too just so we can control our distance a little better even at the cost of Tactical Advantage.

Evasion (this would be nice for quasi offheals in lethality too) could heal the group for X amount of dmg received.

Recuperative nanotech applies a spike damage buff to the group/ops making every attack cause X amount to dmg to the attacker for 5 seconds.

My only other idea would be something to give us a break from constant pressure in pvp because we are so vulnerable but it might be a bad idea because if a medicine op actually does have a guard they're pretty hard to kill.
Sebastianna Medicine Operative Satele Shan
<Cucumbers Against Cats> Guildmaster

LonelyWookiee
04.19.2019 , 08:28 PM | #10
First, thank you for asking for our input and let me say how excited I am at the prospect of customizing our classes more than ever before! I main an Operative exclusively, am proficient in all its disciplines, and have completed all my best achievements with this class (Revanchist, HM Coratanni, NiM Dread Council, etc.) along with regularly playing Ranked/Unranked PVP, Flashpoints, Uprisings, Events, etc.

Along with post here I've also shared my thoughts in the other Operative Set Bonus & Tactical Items discipline threads. I've made suggestions based on my experience with this class and with both PVE/PVP in mind. I've started by listing the challenges that I face with each discipline as a guiding factor for my suggestions but I also targeted abilities that I don't often use. Thank you for reading!

Discipline Challenges: Burst Healing, Healing on the Move, Energy

Medicine:
[Set Bonus] Diagnostic Scan's healing and energy regeneration are doubled.
[Set Bonus] Kolto Injection's energy cost is reduced.
[Set Bonus] Medical Engineering's (Passive) chance to grant Tactical Advantage is doubled.
[Set Bonus] Kolto Infusion's energy cost is reduced.

[Tactical] Toxin Scan can be used twice before going on cooldown.
[Tactical] Kolto Waves can be cast while moving.
[Tactical] Recuperative Nanotech refreshes Kolto Probes (if there are 2 stacks of Kolto Probes).
[Tactical] Toxin Scan additionally grants a Healing Over Time effect.
[Tactical] Kolto Injection/Kolto Infusion can be cast while moving.

All Disciplines:
[Set Bonus] Increases the max stack limit of Tactical Advantage by 1 (stacks with other increases).

[Tactical] Countermeasures now increases movement speed by 50% (stacks with other movement boosts).
[Tactical] Adrenaline Probe's cooldown is reduced.
[Tactical] Stim Boost now additionally restores x energy over the duration.
[Tactical] Using Kolto Probe now automatically applies 2 stacks of Kolto Probe.
[Tactical] Revive (General ability) cannot be interrupted for 10 seconds after exiting Stealth.
[Tactical] Overload Shot now applies a Damage Over Time effect and reduces the target's healing received.
[Tactical] Overload Shot now places all of the target's abilities on cooldown for 1 GCD (except abilities not on the GCD) but has an increased energy cost (similar to the Uppercut unarmed combat legacy ability).
[Tactical] Infiltration can now be used in combat and out of stealth and provides a damage reduction bonus to all group members within 10 meters.
Want free 7 days of subscription time?
And a free server transfer? With a bundle of goodies? Usable every 90 days!
Then use my referral link and login to an existing account or create a new one for these rewards! Details are here.