Imperial Trooper CE Armor?

Aisriyth

So quick suggestion any chance the Imperial Trooper CE Armor(and by virtue other Social Sets like the pilot set) can be scale to the class that puts it on max armor? I have the whole set, love it and unfortunately even fully modded the armor stat is still nearly 60-70armor less then medium armor normally would be per piece at level 30.

Edit: I see no reason for it to even be moddable if the armor values to scale up properly to your armor level.

Edited by Aisriyth

something relevant, how does orange armor scale up with the character's level?

It scales up through mods. Meaning the higher level mods you put in the higher level the armor is. The problem is, most "social gear" is labeled as light so anyone can wear it instead of being set up to dynamically scale to the class that puts it on. Even if fully modded with proper level armorings/mods/enhancements. These basically makes it so the Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor can run around looking cool with social gears but if you are anything else you take a armor hit by doing so.

I feel there should be 3 sets - light, medium, heavy. That way, just in case someone wants to wear trooper gear (who knows why?), they still can even if they wear light armor. This would allow everyone to get to wear their favorite outfits and not have to wear gear that makes them squishy.

I just realised this :/ I've been working like a crazy person trying to get enough fleet commendations for the pilot outfit, only to realise it's light, not medium. There seems zero reason that a pilot outfit should be light armour rather than anything else, and the system working like that makes a lot of rewards absolutely useless.

I was hoping I could make up for the fact that there is no way to dye your armour to match by getting the pilot armour, but I guess not. Instead I have to put up with every cut scene and discussion with my character looking like she woke up, rolled into a garbage bin and grabbed whatever was there.

Hint, Bioware - don't make us look at our characters this much if you don't give us the option to customise them so that they don't look really, really annoying. I don't want to take a huge punch in the mouth in gear value just because I want to be able to enjoy the social and RP aspect of the game.

Majorly disappointed with social gear :/

I really hope they make a set of Imp armour for us heavy armor wearers...

I managed to get my set before my BH friend did and he is a tank. After i realized it doesn't scale i told him and he is just as sad as i am. He CANNOT take the armor hit at all like i can for now.

Fair play, it's pretty cool that the CE adds some nice items. I couldn't stretch to the cost of the CE, but I'd be chuffed if I HAD been able to.

Being able to play in that armour would be great! Shame that it doesn't 'adapt' depending on the character's highest armour proficiency, but as one other contributor mentioned, it is likely that these are not supposed to replace normal armour, rather they are for cosmetic purposes only and not to be relied on as 'combat' armour.

Fair play, it's pretty cool that the CE adds some nice items. I couldn't stretch to the cost of the CE, but I'd be chuffed if I HAD been able to.

Being able to play in that armour would be great! Shame that it doesn't 'adapt' depending on the character's highest armour proficiency, but as one other contributor mentioned, it is likely that these are not supposed to replace normal armour, rather they are for cosmetic purposes only and not to be relied on as 'combat' armour.

That would be all fine and dandy, but it does function perfectly as combat armor for Sith Inq/Jedi Consulars. It also has mod slots making it capable of having stats placed on it.

Edited by Aisriyth

It scales up through mods. Meaning the higher level mods you put in the higher level the armor is. The problem is, most "social gear" is labeled as light so anyone can wear it instead of being set up to dynamically scale to the class that puts it on. Even if fully modded with proper level armorings/mods/enhancements. These basically makes it so the Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor can run around looking cool with social gears but if you are anything else you take a armor hit by doing so.

Appearance Tabs > Orange Mod System.

+1

I'm baffled and annoyed to no end that this game hasn't got Appearance Tabs from the get go.

In a game that let's us watch our characters doing cool things so much, we just HAVE to have more control over the way he/she looks.

This is one of, if not the most important thing for Bioware's ToDo list.

So quick suggestion any chance the Imperial Trooper CE Armor(and by virtue other Social Sets like the pilot set) can be scale to the class that puts it on max armor? I have the whole set, love it and unfortunately even fully modded the armor stat is still nearly 60-70armor less then medium armor normally would be per piece at level 30.

Edit: I see no reason for it to even be moddable if the armor values to scale up properly to your armor level.

Agreed. As it stands some classes benefit more from these, there should at least be alternatives for medium or heavy armor users.

We most humbly request this, to somehow feel we got the appropriate bang for the buck, across the board. :)

---

Agreed. As it stands some classes benefit more from these, there should at least be alternatives for medium or heavy armor users.

We most humbly request this, to somehow feel we got the appropriate bang for the buck, across the board. :)

---

I am trying to do so without being obtuse and raging about it. I'd love for Bioware to make a comment on it one way or another. Get your friends to drum up support here to I'd really appreciate it!

Make it scaleable to class ie light/med/heavy and allow full mods. It won't be any better than non CE armor but this who want to wear it for looks/RP can and it's a nice little bonus to the CE community. Heck do it for all the social type armor/costumes.

Exactly, it provides no actually benefit outside of aesthetics, since you still spend the same type of resource as non-ce holders would have to.

I posted this from day 1 of beta that the game needed appearance tab. They had the match chest color which was some what helpful, then at the last minute just before the release they remove that function. Now myself and everyone else looks like a slob or clown. Very frustrating.