Double XP Weekends are back

CourtneyWoods

Dear Bio-Ware,

Please rethink these double xp weekends. As a subscriber, I find it annoying that the PVP is DOWN, group finder is unresponsive even after matching a group and the mail is seriously lagged and/or unresponsive. Your hearts are in the right place. I just don't think you anticipated this flood of F2P people looking for double XP.

Thanks,

Horton

If by re-think you mean make it so the servers aren't laggy as all Frack and the pvp button doesn't work until you reset your Gui or mail is laggy and it won't let you pick stuff up then yes please(as obvious as that seemed from your post i second it)

As for double XP itself. I think it should be a legacy unlock feature for people that are legacy 50. Why legacy 50? Because it is understood legacy 50 people have played this game for a LONG fracking time and likley have a bazillion alts. And these people like myself as an example hate. HATE the retarded planet quests of which I personally have done 2 55's of each faction alone so 4 all together. And so it would be a nice addition to have the ability to unlock double xp for alts. (and yes I realise i could buy a bunch of other legacy unlocks blah blah) these are not double xp. Give me double xp. Especially since both I work during these weekends and miss out on full days not to mention my computer is a POS. so it overheats and shuts off randomly so i miss that when the hardware fails.

Not to mention a legacy 50 unlock double XP keeps it limited to subscribers more then likley and people who are legacy 50 so you dont have said flood to the server. PLUS it gives the "Wahhh turn it off" crowd an opt out button that allows them not to partake.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i don't mind even buyin a cartel market item that will DISABLE this double xp bonus. While i understand the reasons behind such policy,such as attract more people in this game etc. But the whole idea itself completly kills level progression scheme, & for me just ruinin my gameplay expirience.

Personally i don't mind even buyin a cartel market item that will DISABLE this double xp bonus. While i understand the reasons behind such policy,such as attract more people in this game etc. But the whole idea itself completly kills level progression scheme, & for me just ruinin my gameplay expirience.

How does this kill level progression scheme? I do a few planet quests a couple pvp matches for the daily and the story quest on planet. Max that i'm over level is 3 levels as i'm level 36 for a 33-38 planet (Taris impside and i'm just really guessing as i can't recall off hand what the actual planet level suggestion is). As it was already discussed as those who do every conceivable planet quest and story quest on planet you are guaranteed to over level anyways.

So just adapt to it

Edited by Spyderwraith

Dear Bio-Ware,

Please rethink these double xp weekends. As a subscriber, I find it annoying that the PVP is DOWN, group finder is unresponsive even after matching a group and the mail is seriously lagged and/or unresponsive. Your hearts are in the right place. I just don't think you anticipated this flood of F2P people looking for double XP.

Thanks,

Horton

Bringing back players is a good thing though.

I loved it for it allowed me to work on those left behind alts, also when the server had too many players, i could transfer to a less populated instance which allowed me to solo the content in peace with out having to compete against other players for mission objectives...

Sue

IMO, experience boosts of any type should not be available for people (like me) who have yet to max level a toon.

Since I subscribed I'm finding that with the XP boost I'm out-levelling content before I finish it. Why would I want to blow through the entire game like this? Its silly.

Yay!

They're back, and so is my sub.

This. :D I lost interest for a while but this brought me back. Though I had to laugh when my bounty hunter who hasn't been touched since the last double EXP weekend had all of her quests greyed out, oops! I can't complain too much, though, since they were all already done and the rewards are cool too. :)

I don't have much time to play this game and I have 4 characters who I try to balance, but I play primarily for the quests and the story. These double EXP weekends are perfect for me.

Yes this is really nice......if you actually want it.

Please give players an option to turn this off, I know its hard for some people to understand but some of use enjoy the journey not how fast you get there.

In the first double XP weekend, I only got my Bounty Hunter to lvl 1-17, but I hope I can get her to an even higher level, perhaps 32? Anyways thanks bio-ware for bringing these back! :D

I can't fully use the exp event this time and the next time... Have to study for my upcoming exams. Sucks because I already have so many level 55 characters that double Exp would be very convenient.

Yes this is really nice......if you actually want it.

Please give players an option to turn this off, I know its hard for some people to understand but some of use enjoy the journey not how fast you get there.

There is a very nice way to turn it off. It is called do not log in till Monday morning. :jawa_smile:

While I can see that some people just want to skip all this annoying quests and be max level asap - I play SWToR for the quests and the content... and playing since release - I enjoy it on every Alt....

This means now, play some different game as already suggested or do the boring Max Level dailies :(

May I suggest to add a "No Experience Gain" Token to the shop like Turbine? Great stuff - bought it in the second it was in the store. So you could make the rushers happy and earn some more money from folks like me... All are happy!