Companion Suggestions

absolutetristan

There's just so many things I want regarding companions, I'm going to post my suggestions and ideas here. Some of these I've shared in the past, some are new. Not a specific topic, but just a lot of companion stuff in general. Any other ideas, please share.

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:

A weekly DATE NIGHT mission. In the alliance alerts section, you'll get a mission that your romance wants a date. Mission is heading to cantina somewhere in the galaxy. Cutscene of Player and romance enjoying drink/dinner/dancing, ends back on Odessen with fade to black... Rewards would be influence and companion gift(s). It can be purely cutscene with no dialogue, for me, just something to know our character is in a relationship.

COMPANION MISSIONS:

A weekly mission alert from a random alliance companion. Example, the "story", Skadge has business on Belsavis with the "mission" being running the heroics with Skadge. Experience, influence, and companion gifts would be the reward, with maybe some bonus missions and experience being using said companion in a specific role.

OPENING UP THE STARTER PLANET HEROICS:

I brought this up in the past, but for those who have them, I always liked the idea of Ranos taking non-jedi to Tython to run the heroic, Shae taking non-Agents/Hunters to Hutta for the heroics, Hexid taking non-sith to Korriban, and Nico taking non-smugglers/troopers to Ord Mantell.

PUT THEM ON THE CONSOLE:

Sad to say, but so many story awesome characters we'd all love to have back probably won't be used in any fashion again, so why not just put them on the console. Lemda and Cytharat for Makeb. Miot for the Star Fortresses. The Oricon quest givers, I liked the Imperial side Sith. Just put them on the console.

NEW ALLIANCE ALERT IDEAS:

Spirit or Clone of... Marr, Vaylin, Valkorion, Thexan, Dramath. I like the "Spirit of..." idea. Wouldn't you like a force ghost zapping enemies? I would. Force users can have a ritual to restore the companions... relics found on Nathema, or what have you. Non-force users, clones? We have Personnel for Marr, Vaylin, Valkorion, and Dramath, so a character model is done.

EVENT COMPANIONS:

I love that the Nightlife and Pirate event have companion rewards, but why not all the events? By now, most of us have most of the current rewards, the events are getting stale, why not some new ones?

Rakghoul Companion for the Rakghoul event.

Mandalorians/Merceneries for the Bounty event.

Droids or Combat specimens for the Gree event.

Revelers and Wookiees for the Life Day event.

And last...

CARTEL COMPANIONS:

New category in addtion to droids and creatures: Personnel or Recruits or Soldiers with possible ideas of Republic/Sith Troopers. Sith/Jedi Apprentices/Masters, etc.

ETA 3/13/2024:

<removed since I can finally post>

Edited by absolutetristan
Can finally post in the forums again.

I love ALL of these ideas! Especially the weekly companion dates, companion missions and cartel companions. :)

I'd love for Jonas Balkar to be a cartel companion if they're not going to use him more in the main story.

Edited by msbtbd
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I like these ideas.

It would be really cool to get a lot of the story characters as companions from the console. Or as those little doo-dads that summon Shae or Ranos if you aren't high enough level yet to get their alerts.

I'd also like it if we could get the rest of the OG companions through the console or through doo-dads, the ones like Ashara and Andronikos who only came back for their specific class.

• Thanks 1

There's just so many things I want regarding companions, I'm going to post my suggestions and ideas here. Some of these I've shared in the past, some are new. Not a specific topic, but just a lot of companion stuff in general. Any other ideas, please share.

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:

A weekly DATE NIGHT mission. In the alliance alerts section, you'll get a mission that your romance wants a date. Mission is heading to cantina somewhere in the galaxy. Cutscene of Player and romance enjoying drink/dinner/dancing, ends back on Odessen with fade to black... Rewards would be influence and companion gift(s). It can be purely cutscene with no dialogue, for me, just something to know our character is in a relationship.

COMPANION MISSIONS:

A weekly mission alert from a random alliance companion. Example, the "story", Skadge has business on Belsavis with the "mission" being running the heroics with Skadge. Experience, influence, and companion gifts would be the reward, with maybe some bonus missions and experience being using said companion in a specific role.

I brought this up in the past, but for those who have them, I always liked the idea of Ranos taking non-jedi to Tython to run the heroic, Shae taking non-Agents/Hunters to Hutta for the heroics, Hexid taking non-sith to Korriban, and Nico taking non-smugglers/troopers to Ord Mantell.

PUT THEM ON THE CONSOLE:

Sad to say, but so many story awesome characters we'd all love to have back probably won't be used in any fashion again, so why not just put them on the console. Lemda and Cytharat for Makeb. Miot for the Star Fortresses. The Oricon quest givers, I liked the Imperial side Sith. Just put them on the console.

Spirit or Clone of... Marr, Vaylin, Valkorion, Thexan, Dramath. I like the "Spirit of..." idea. Wouldn't you like a force ghost zapping enemies? I would. Force users can have a ritual to restore the companions... relics found on Nathema, or what have you. Non-force users, clones? We have Personnel for Marr, Vaylin, Valkorion, and Dramath, so a character model is done.

EVENT COMPANIONS:

I love that the Nightlife and Pirate event have companion rewards, but why not all the events? By now, most of us have most of the current rewards, the events are getting stale, why not some new ones?

And last...

CARTEL COMPANIONS:

New category in addtion to droids and creatures: Personnel or Recruits or Soldiers with possible ideas of Republic/Sith Troopers. Sith/Jedi Apprentices/Masters, etc.

Several of these ideas are super !! Mine might vary a bit... but good ideas !

Regardless of the EXACT ideas that are used... IMO … it's time for the expansion and further development of our companions to begin.

I would like to add a few more items to the list (if that's OK)

1. Repeatable interactions with companions (weekend retreat … kind of goes with your suggestion)

2. More features available to customize said companions.

3. MAYBE … the selection of a companion : race / class / background story (?) and gender that could stay with us if we so chose ?? Maybe?? (this one might be kind of a reach)

• Thanks 1

Appreciate the comments.

An additional ideas I forgot, which is crazy since it's one I've been thinking about a lot.

ONSLUAGHT COMPANIONS FOR SABOTEURS:

This has been something I've thought about a lot since Onlsaught dropped. Both factions, I love all the characters introduced.

You know, KOTFE/KOTET essentially had a LS keeps everyone, DS kills everyone regarding story and alliance alert companions, when available. I think this will probably transfer to current content under the guise of Loyalists keep the story companions, sabateurs will kill everyone.

I hope I'm wrong, but just in case, I'd like for the story companions (Tau/Arn and Anri, and anyone else in the future) to work out like this. In the case that the Onslaught companions, at some point, join our characters, Loyalists will probably be fine. I don't want them dead on saboteurs in an act of betrayal from my character. Side note, my mains are a LS Sorcerer Empire Loyalist & a LS Guardian Republic saboteur.

Loyalists will be fine, but for Saboteurs, possibly, maybe, fingers crossed, please, if/when it is publicly revealed ingame that a saboteur is a saboteur, have the faction leaders wrongly come to the conclusion that the Onslaught Companions (Tau/Arn for Republic, or Anri for Empire, or anyone else introduced later), having worked closely with the Saboteurs on so many missions, factions leaders will claim they (Tau/Arn or Anri) must also be compromised and named enemies of the faction. And they'll have no other recourse then to possibly join the Alliance.

• 1 year later...

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:

COMPANION MISSIONS:

PUT THEM ON THE CONSOLE:

Sorry to quote myself but these are at the top of my Companion Wishlist at the moment. Still a dream.

They should add a new vendor to the cartel deck who 'creates' and sells Clones of various wanted characters to the PC. (Vaylin, Marr, Thana, Juno etc)

THIS ^^^

I would even suggest adding Kamino as a small area/map for the vendor to be located on. Perhaps we could obtain the clone companion through some sort of rigorous quest that involves finding samples of their DNA and tracing their steps.

• Thanks 1

If some companions like Bowdaar, and Xalek, hadn't been "foreground species", which should they have been?

Maybe Blizz as an Aleena instead of a Jawa, and Gault as a Lasat instead of a Devaronian.

Edited by ChandrilaDeler
A little more elaboration
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

PUT THEM ON THE CONSOLE:

I'd like to add on to this. They started KOTFE/KOTET with a slowly recruting all companions for all, and then they switched to class specific companion returns. I'd just add all the vanilla companions to the console for every class to recruit. I don't know if I would do it, but I've seen many post about wanting to collect all of the apprentices, this character would have worked better for a hunter, etc., just put them all on the console to recruit. I'm also specifically talking about the companions who returned to only their original class. The characters who returned as alerts for all, go ahead and keep them as is, but for the class specific returns, why not open them up to everyone. Just add in their little blurb in the companions page they they were recruited into the alliance.

STAR FORTRESS COMPANIONS

The second part of this is the Star Fortress companions. I have 4-5 characters who ran them. Mostly to collect the armors (minus one bracer for one set of armor, I have the armors complete), and the companions were a nice bonus, but if not the alliance console could they tracked/redeemed through achievements or something. I'm just tired of running them. I prefer solo, but its quicker grouping, and actually was able to group for them. If we've runned SF's, could it be tracked somehow to be available somewhere for characters to recruit them, achievements, etc.

EVENT COMPANION IDEA FOR COLLECTIONS

I had a thread a while back for adding event items to collections and I'll post my idea here. Add the events to the collections. My idea was, just in case there was the thought content would be ignored if you could just unlock the items, gear, companions, pets, mounts, but make it a pay per character instead a full unlock for the account. What's a standard cartel cost for unlocking? 400-500? I would gladly pay 400-500 CC per character to have the nightlife and life day items on all of my characters, instead of having to wait so many months to just maybe get the items. For nightlife that's specifially the companions I would pay. Just having an additional option to claim items on different characters would be nice. Of course, you would also already need to have the items, which I have the nightlife on my main sorcerer, (actually, I basically have one toon for each event).

I like these ideas, in other BioWare games you can continue to interact with your companions even though you're finished with missions, and I think that would be something cool to be able to do in SWTOR, even if you have to go to your stronghold or something.
  • Like 1

I'm gonna use the space undernearth this quoted post right there to pitch my ridiculously far-fetched "I WANT A GHOST OF BRONTES/STYRAK" as a companion idea. I mean, the very vocal Vaylin fanclub was allowed to have a say, so I feel like I should go for broke as well. Ghost Brontes 2020-something.

I'd love to see a whitefang companion because my love of Dreadmasters is probably only rivaled by my love of deadly space cats. I always go out of my way NOT to kill anything feline appearing, no matter how far removed it is from Earth cats.

No one.....

Me: You guys, why would anyone want to kill Snowblind? He's soooo cute.

That aside, companion dates are a most excellent idea.

*Cue some idyllic vision of my DS Pureblood Jedi, Scourge and pet nexu out in the Odessen wilds*

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:

COMPANION MISSIONS:

...bump...

These are still my two biggest wants for companions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 9:41 AM, absolutetristan said:

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:

On a side note, totally going to take credit for the Date night missions released...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, absolutetristan said:

On a side note, totally going to take credit for the Date night missions released...

It's quite scary how close your suggestion is to what we got. Credit given.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:

If they ever add more Date Nights for the other Romanced Companions, given what they've done, what should the decoration items and legacy titles be for the class romances if they'd do them?

On 1/16/2020 at 12:41 PM, absolutetristan said:

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:

COMPANION MISSIONS:

PUT THEM ON THE CONSOLE:

EVENT COMPANIONS:

And last...

CARTEL COMPANIONS:

ETA 3/13/2024:

<removed since I can finally post>

A companion for the Feast of Prosperity event.

• Thanks 1

My understanding is they fully intend to add more. I'm expecting any major shared companions first and then a focus on the major class story romances. Likely released in packs covering the story classes in batches. Time will tell, but yeah, you kinda nailed it and this is good because it shows them moving in a direction players want so kudos to you and the devs!

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 1:15 PM, Milolan said:

A companion for the Feast of Prosperity event.

That and Life Day for me would be the Lifeday Reveler (like the decoration), or the server or chef droid from the Feast event, using the bazooka items from the events to attack with snowballs/food.