A Penalty for Leaving in 4-man Warzone Arenas.

MrNihulus

While leaving in 8-man warzones may sometimes seem justifiable (premades, teamed with bads, constantly getting farmed by they enemy) I feel as though leaving a 4-man warzone arena should not be encouraged since it greatly reduces the chance of winning for your team due to the loss of a member and a replacement would sometimes come in when the fighting already started so they would be unable to participate.

While it is true you might be teamed with bads, have an unbalanced group, or being faced against a premade, these arenas are quicker than the 8-man warzones since they can take less than a few minutes to be over unless you have multiple healers on both sides.

The penalty should only take effect once the first round begins, so players who don't want to do 4-man arenas could leave early.

The penalty can consist of a loss in valor or a lockout from queuing for other warzones. Ranked Warzones will have an even bigger penalty for leaving.

Edited by MrNihulus

As long as losing an arena match won't reward you with decent amount of UC, there's no point finishing it when it's clear you're going to lose. I always leave, before it even begins, if enemy team has trinity and our team has 4 unaugmented, or otherwise badly geared dps. They are gonna lose with or without me, and if I leave I will at least give them a chance to get a healer too.

That's for regs anyhow. Ranked is another matter, leaving them should be made impossible. maybe by removing the exit button...?

All war zone leaving should be punished. It is never justified. If you do not like players you are grouped with, find your own group.

Player who is entering a match after the start and in a probably bad situation can't have any fun or real chance of even getting 8 medals.

All war zone leaving should be punished. It is never justified. If you do not like players you are grouped with, find your own group.

Player who is entering a match after the start and in a probably bad situation can't have any fun or real chance of even getting 8 medals.

You can say the same to players who queue solo and don't want others to leave. Group with friends only and minimise people leaving.

Queues are hard to come by already and while I hardly leave a bad warzone, I can understand why others do. I don't want to wait even longer for a WZ queue.