Sin question

Belpheghor

Fresh 55 Sin, wondering if Sin tanking is effective in WZs? If so should I go all out tank gear (defense rating, shield rating, absorbtion, etc) or use the dps mods?

Any help would be appreciated, thnx

I leveled a shadow tank in pvp and it was not funny not joyfull, i would say painful, used full fortitude augments with absorb enhancements, had 41 k health and liked the fact that you soacked a lot of damage but definatelly lacking in the dps which is should be, you barelly cross the 200 k mark - 250 k if the stars fall in line correctly and about 90 k protection if lucky, I have seen ranked and unranked tanks with healers do above 400 k protection but thats difficult if you play alone

If you have a healer then you can smile but thats not happening often in unranked, the pull is great though but ill take a dps class over a tank for fun everyday, my merc for example is much much enjoyable, so are my other toons but thats me

Fortunatelly you can switch stances and with other gear can go dps, i have an assasin dps madness and i love her, much more fun though that my tank for pvp

Edited by khsolo

I leveled a shadow tank in pvp and it was not funny not joyfull, i would say painful, used full fortitude augments with absorb enhancements, had 41 k health and liked the fact that you soacked a lot of damage but definatelly lacking in the dps which is should be, you barelly cross the 200 k mark - 250 k if the stars fall in line correctly and about 90 k protection if lucky, I have seen ranked and unranked tanks with healers do above 400 k protection but thats difficult if you play alone

If you have a healer then you can smile but thats not happening often in unranked, the pull is great though but ill take a dps class over a tank for fun everyday, my merc for example is much much enjoyable, so are my other toons but thats me

Fortunatelly you can switch stances and with other gear can go dps, i have an assasin dps madness and i love her, much more fun though that my tank for pvp

All this tank bashing is making me want to dust off my tank gear and prove you wrong.

For starters though, this isn't the patch of the tanks. There's a lot of internal dots floating around in this patch and TTK has gotten a bit lower overall, so tanks are in a rough spot, especially without a healer which is like 80% of regs. Even with a healer, other tanks were always better before at actual main tanking (though sins have been brought up a bit since then). That doesn't mean sin tanks can't be fun.

In fact, if there was one tank that would be fun to play healer or not, it's the sin tank. You might not be putting up the highest numbers or the best mitigation in the universe, but there's something special about going into a warzone knowing that you will NOT die at all unless you choose to let them kill you to accomplish some other goal. Just try killing the invincible teleporting stealth tank. Go ahead try it. What are you going to do with your ultra stacked team of 8 guys sitting outside spawn when I'm teleporting my invisible tank all over the map, pulling you into fire, pulling you into acid, knocking you into pits, spamming the / laugh while you camp the spawn I'm not in just because I can. What's the plan then? Use harsh language? Then you all get sapped just for good measure.

Bottom line is, sin tanks can be a LOT of fun if you think outside the box. If you try to take on 8 guys headfirst because "lolz ima tank!!!!", it won't end well on the light armor tank. If you can plan a little bit and take full advantage of all the tools sin tanks have though, even without a healer you'll be so disruptive to the other team that the guys with 9 million damage are still contributing less to victory than you are. And that's before you decide to have some fun and start tolling them.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Fresh 55 Sin, wondering if Sin tanking is effective in WZs?

Talented guard swapping can dominate in unranked ... very few people realize what's happening and can't switch targets. A well played Tank can frustrate the **** out of most PUGs ... add a healer that knows even a little about positioning and it's usually enough to win in unranked.

Talented guard swapping can dominate in unranked ... very few people realize what's happening and can't switch targets. A well played Tank can frustrate the **** out of most PUGs ... add a healer that knows even a little about positioning and it's usually enough to win in unranked.

Full darkness guard swapping is almost impossible in arenas. This tank is too weak for target swapping from dpss and even more squishy. Try deception hybrid with tank gear or hybrid with dps gear and darkness stance for regs.

Edited by Aetideus

All this tank bashing is making me want to dust off my tank gear and prove you wrong.

For starters though, this isn't the patch of the tanks. There's a lot of internal dots floating around in this patch and TTK has gotten a bit lower overall, so tanks are in a rough spot, especially without a healer which is like 80% of regs. Even with a healer, other tanks were always better before at actual main tanking (though sins have been brought up a bit since then). That doesn't mean sin tanks can't be fun.

In fact, if there was one tank that would be fun to play healer or not, it's the sin tank. You might not be putting up the highest numbers or the best mitigation in the universe, but there's something special about going into a warzone knowing that you will NOT die at all unless you choose to let them kill you to accomplish some other goal. Just try killing the invincible teleporting stealth tank. Go ahead try it. What are you going to do with your ultra stacked team of 8 guys sitting outside spawn when I'm teleporting my invisible tank all over the map, pulling you into fire, pulling you into acid, knocking you into pits, spamming the / laugh while you camp the spawn I'm not in just because I can. What's the plan then? Use harsh language? Then you all get sapped just for good measure.

Bottom line is, sin tanks can be a LOT of fun if you think outside the box. If you try to take on 8 guys headfirst because "lolz ima tank!!!!", it won't end well on the light armor tank. If you can plan a little bit and take full advantage of all the tools sin tanks have though, even without a healer you'll be so disruptive to the other team that the guys with 9 million damage are still contributing less to victory than you are. And that's before you decide to have some fun and start tolling them.

Pls read again my post before contributing

If thats your lvl of fun is totally feasible, as i said my lvl of fun came from something else since when you dont have a healer your "tank spec" is basically a defensive node role and call for help and the eventual "this dude just pulled me from scoring move" and the wow oportunity of that

Im pretty sure i havent seen that many sin tanks in wzs, i do see guardians/juggs or vanguards but not many sin tanks

Again my lvl of fun doenst come from the eventual or thinking out of the box, apologies if my post wasnt clear enough

If you have a pocket healer, you'll do fine.

If not, you'll probably end up node guarding.

Exactly and with so many excelent assasins and operatives out there you can actually die a lot before you even defend your node very well

Thats just my opinion, i prefer the dps over the tanking in pvp most definatelly if you are alone and solo queuing