Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*hacks*

buffnblue
05.18.2020 , 02:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by darkofblue View Post
I agree with you, a good way to stop it is give everyone 4 spells
1 heal
1 dps
1 cc
1 cc breaker

Now lets play pvp
or how about the que system actually wont que without a healer and tank on each team?

TrixxieTriss
05.19.2020 , 06:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by buffnblue View Post
im game -- elaborate on how a sor/sage can do this?
list the exact ulitiies taken, gear, tactical you are using to achieve this.

what power you are activating etc....
becasue i have a sage-- an im am CC to death and cant do a thing when i get the ball,
Any Inquisitor (Sorc or Sin) can speed run through all traps and not die (except in Vandin). You don’t need special utilities or abilities. But you will take damage, so if you aren’t full health you can die.

The “trick” to it is using your self healing abilities as you run through. Mine are hot keyed to my mouse and I just spam them as I run through. Also make sure you have force bubble on to mitigate some damage.

None of that is hacking or cheating, it’s part of the game mechanics and has been like that since day one.

Also, do you know what resolve is? If you don’t, that might be part of the problem. Because when a player gets full resolve or “white barred” from stuns / cc, they become unstunnable while they are white barred.

This is a legit tactic that’s been around since the old days of 8v8 ranked.

1. Try and get someone to white bar you before you get to the trap,
2. Once white barred, they can’t stun you or stop you (they can slow you)
3. When the trap activates, you can speed run through it and spam your self healing. (This works even better if you were able to pick up a map speed booster)
4. By the time the trap finishes you are long gone.
*** don’t try running through traps if you aren’t white barred ***

How to stop someone from doing this?

1. Don’t stun or cc them before a trap.
2. Be patient and wait. If they are dumb they will try and cross and you can stun them in the middle.

If they are white barred already?

1. Most classes have some sort of slow ability. You can can still use these to slow down most classes enough that they will take damage. I use these to slow classes down before traps and not white bar them.
2. Some classes have snares that don’t add much to resolve and they can stop or slow you down without white barring

I suggest you have a read through this guide about game mechanics and pvp and it will greatly help your understanding of what is and isn’t possible in pvp. . https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpguide/mechanics.html

Banderal
05.19.2020 , 07:50 PM | #23
Good guide. Also...

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
2. Be patient and wait. If they are dumb they will try and cross and you can stun them in the middle.
Or if you have a crap team and have no choice. So frustrating to have 4 teamates all around you at the fire "helping" and none of them will run across it. If I'm thinking (and I'm not always doing that it seems ) I will pass to one of them and then run across myself.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
1. Most classes have some sort of slow ability. You can can still use these to slow down most classes enough that they will take damage. I use these to slow classes down before traps and not white bar them.
2. Some classes have snares that don’t add much to resolve and they can stop or slow you down without white barring
Slowing and snaring are EXCELLENT in huttball now, with the shorter timer. I find it almost surprising how well that can sometimes work to stop the unkillable juggernaught, because they don't make it to the goal in time and don't pay attention to the timer, so they just blow up. I also scream when it happens to me, and it doesn't seem rare that I'm litterally ON the goal line, and boom. ARGGGGGGGGG!

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

TrixxieTriss
05.19.2020 , 10:14 PM | #24
I forgot to add .

Sorcs can choose this utility

Emerson : Force speed grants Emerson, removing all Movement impairing effects and granting immunity to them for the duration.

This is an excellent one to have if you are playing lots of Hutt ball

xdandeman
01.11.2021 , 05:41 PM | #25
There's a lot of cover up of the hacking, they love it for some reason, that's why pvp is a joke, but still a small value for conquest points. SWTOR doesn't seem to care and if you say anything to them thy put you on IGNOR so you never get mixed in with the hackers and always lose lol. Easy just go to Hackerbot.net and see how they do it. why? I don't know, they're just stupid I guess. Now 20 years ago Diablo could detect if you used maphack and ban you, so SWTOR seems to support this by not banning the hackers. I've had the Healer and been bubbled not healing but my 'team ' was able to restore full health while doing massive dps lol. Most the 'top' guilds probably use this. Anyway not worth it to me, still do some to get conquest is all (just need a match for social credit is all). Too bad, could be fun if they'd clean it up, .

-Bob-
01.11.2021 , 07:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by xdandeman View Post
There's a lot of cover up of the hacking, they love it for some reason, that's why pvp is a joke, but still a small value for conquest points. SWTOR doesn't seem to care and if you say anything to them thy put you on IGNOR so you never get mixed in with the hackers and always lose lol.
That's not how ignore works in PVP
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

TrixxieTriss
01.12.2021 , 01:07 AM | #27
There's a lot of cover up of the hacking, they love it for some reason, that's why pvp is a joke, but still a small value for conquest points. SWTOR doesn't seem to care and if you say anything to them thy put you on IGNOR so you never get mixed in with the hackers and always lose lol. Easy just go to Hackerbot.net and see how they do it. why? I don't know, they're just stupid I guess. Now 20 years ago Diablo could detect if you used maphack and ban you, so SWTOR seems to support this by not banning the hackers. I've had the Healer and been bubbled not healing but my 'team ' was able to restore full health while doing massive dps lol. Most the 'top' guilds probably use this. Anyway not worth it to me, still do some to get conquest is all (just need a match for social credit is all). Too bad, could be fun if they'd clean it up, .
You haven’t even said what you saw? How how do we even know it’s a hack. So much has changed with different gear sets and tacticals that some hack looking things are actual abilities now. Plus you also have desync as an issue that often makes people look like they are fly hacking or teleporting.

Maybe explain the situation or what’s the point of your post?

Enticy
01.15.2021 , 08:36 PM | #28
I’m...not sure where to start here. Between your atrocious grammar, poor spelling, and complete lack of evidence, this post contributes less than nothing to the conversation. The only thing I guess I could say is if so many people are hacking, don’t you think someone would’ve streamed the footage of it by now? Don’t you think there would be more threads calling it out here on the forums? Also, if we’re supposedly ‘covering up’ all the hacking, why do you think we’d care about you calling out hacking?

Most likely, you’re being confronted with class abilities you don’t understand, and instead of trying to figure out what’s happening, you’re just screaming “hAxXoRz!1!!1!” into the void.
http://www.swtor.com/r/C5HCPD My referral link.