Level 55 HM Bonus Bosses are too anti-melee

Cademimu pulls you in, regardless of range. Hammer station stuns the whole area, regardless of range. Athiss knocks back whole area, regardless of range.

The only one which is somewhat melee biased is the one on mandalorian raiders due to the temporary aoe.

the aoe on mando won't affected the melee if the tank taunts right as boss switches targets or right as the red circle comes out. this will make the boss cone back to the tank and the tank can handle the damage. from what my guild has seen even though the red circle goes all the way around the boss he is still only doing a frontal cleave. as long as the tank has the boss during that the melee can still attack from behind. Edited by smokesnake

Cademimu pulls you in, regardless of range. Hammer station stuns the whole area, regardless of range. Athiss knocks back whole area, regardless of range.

The only one which is somewhat melee biased is the one on mandalorian raiders due to the temporary aoe.

Both Cade and Hammer Station's bonus bosses' aoe could be avoided if you stay far enough or stay behind the box. Especially the Sith in Cade.

Edited by Slowpokeking

How undergeared are all the people having issues with the 55 HM's ? it suggests 63 gear, and they aren't joking, personally I haven't had any issues with any of them on my PT in mostly 61 but if you are 58's or lower, you are gonna have a bad time.

Coming from somebody who frequently farms all the 55 FP's as a Marauder:

Hammer - groupwide stun. Even ranged will be stunned, unless it's a merc with Hydraulic Overdrive or something similar.

Cad - Boss pulls the entire group into the AoE; everybody needs to run out, including ranged. So melee and ranged have the same downtime on that.

Mandolorian Raiders - The only one I could see people MAYBE having a problem with, but that circle only has a radius of about 3m. Melee range is 4m. Self-explanatory.

Coming from somebody who frequently farms all the 55 FP's as a Marauder:

Hammer - groupwide stun. Even ranged will be stunned, unless it's a merc with Hydraulic Overdrive or something similar.

Stay far enough could avoid some stun.

Cad - Boss pulls the entire group into the AoE; everybody needs to run out, including ranged. So melee and ranged have the same downtime on that.

Stay behind the box and the boss' pull would not work on you.

Ive never been able to stay far away to not be stunned and be in range to heal. Ive tried to find that perfect spot, but it does not exist. The best I can do is pick a location where I wont get knocked back and just deal with it.

Im really not sure what the problem is actually. When Im healing dps really never go down. The only person who really should be taking massive damage is the tank. Those aoes on the dps are easily healed through.

If anyone should be complaining its the healers who at range are being stunned, losing health and then have to juggle who to heal first, when both tank and healer have taken damage.

But if I didnt get stunned, those fights would be really easy.

Edited by Soxbadger

You are completely incorrect about Hammer Station. As a Slinger, I have never been hit by it.

Generally speaking, all (most) boss fights are not melee friendly. Between AoE, knockback, cleaves, etc... Melee dps has to play smart.

Take Denova for example... As a ranged DPS at Toth/Zorn, you can avoid 99% of the damage in the raid. As a melee dps? Even if you do everything right, you are still eating Toth's stomps at a bare minimum.

SWTOR is not the only MMO to do this. It's par for the course quite honestly.

Edited by Ocho-Quatro

Generally speaking, all (most) boss fights are not melee friendly. Between AoE, knockback, cleaves, etc... Melee dps has to play smart.

Take Denova for example... As a ranged DPS at Toth/Zorn, you can avoid 99% of the damage in the raid. As a melee dps? Even if you do everything right, you are still eating Toth's stomps at a bare minimum.

SWTOR is not the only MMO to do this. It's par for the course quite honestly.

Absolutely true. And, what I found particularly interesting is that this trend has continued into S&V. In fact, I would say that two or three of the S&V fights, particularly in hard mode, are just brutal on melee without consistently excellent execution. If you're a marauder, the class's benefits in terms of sheer damage and fantastic/unique cooldowns probably make for a decent trade-off, but the other melee dps classes? Why bother? Doesn't seem like operatives, assassins, or juggernauts were extraordinarily buffed in 2.0.

Edited by Powerrmongerr

How undergeared are all the people having issues with the 55 HM's ? it suggests 63 gear, and they aren't joking, personally I haven't had any issues with any of them on my PT in mostly 61 but if you are 58's or lower, you are gonna have a bad time.

Seems like everyone who currently queues for level 55 fps falls within one of two categories:

1.)min/maxed for months and chewing the new content up alive, or

2.)Horribly undergeared due to being a new player, guildless, or solo oriented.

It's weird, or maybe my sample size is small. I'm consistently grouped with either obvious raiders or painfully, horribly fresh, non-augmented 55s. I haven't seen a single decently geared mid-level Rakata-ish player, it's either min/maxed dreadguard or above or random tionese/recruit/fresh 55 garbage.

Folks in random crapola could manage in the old hm flashpoints. The new 55 fps? If you didn't have raid level, above rakata gear going into 2.0 and you're trying to get it now you are going to have a rough time. Particularly if you are a tank or a healer.

Edited by Powerrmongerr

Folks in random crapola could manage in the old hm flashpoints. The new 55 fps? If you didn't have raid level, above rakata gear going into 2.0 and you're trying to get it now you are going to have a rough time. Particularly if you are a tank or a healer.

Which is a total joke considering how easy it is to campaign/bh/hazmat gear now. People go do a few hm 50 flashpoints and/or HM/NIM EV or KP. My seldom used Alt infiltration shadow did one run of NIM EV and went from BH/Campaign to almost full Hazmat in one run.

Sometimes I wonder if people make these threads just to be laughed at.

You can stand in all of the "AOE" and be fine. I've watched melee stand in the Sith's Force Storm and barely take any damage. The same goes for Gil. The stun? Meh, doesn't impact your ability to kill the boss.

If you're not beating the enrages for these bonus bosses, it's not because it's anti-melee. It's because of you.

Sometimes I wonder if people make these threads just to be laughed at.

You can stand in all of the "AOE" and be fine. I've watched melee stand in the Sith's Force Storm and barely take any damage. The same goes for Gil. The stun? Meh, doesn't impact your ability to kill the boss.

If you're not beating the enrages for these bonus bosses, it's not because it's anti-melee. It's because of you.

But many groups I've encountered have such problem. It is indeed easier with 2 range DPS than 2 melee, under the level of same gear and skills.

You can't say someone can do it so everyone should be able to do it.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Both Cade and Hammer Station's bonus bosses' aoe could be avoided if you stay far enough or stay behind the box. Especially the Sith in Cade.

The fact that you CAN does not mean that you're supposed to. IE: I know a spot where you can solo Gil without taking ANY damage at all. Does it means that's how you're supposed to do it? nope. A guildy takes upon himself to solo everything he can. The other day he was soloing Lucky (and succeeding). He soloed at least one of the Ilum WBs during the gree event, and so on and so on.

He is melee btw so if you want to argue about workarounds to boss mechanics you might as well introduce every single possible glitch, losing and kiting technique available in the game.

Fact stands: 3 of 4 bosses are designed to hit the whole group, with minor exceptions.

I'm also fairly sure that you are still in melee range of Gil if you position yourself carefully.

I believe it is 25. Our Commando never gets hit, either.

Commandos can use hold the line to ignore it (though it normally works only once every two stuns). However, if the tank is able to, somehow, ignore the knockdown (IE: a vanguard tank using hold the line), then nobody in the group will get hit.

Slingers in the same way can use, if timed correctly, hightail it and use the 3 seconds of entrench to ignore the stun as well.

It may be 25 m, honestly haven't bothered trying as it's pretty insignificant damage, but somebody said they tried at 29.5 and were hit anyway.

The reason, why there are antimelee mechanics is, because you can not do anti range mechanics

There is just one reason for that: If you do something against melees, they can not make themselves rDDs for that time, but if you do mechanics against rDD (like on different WBs, TFB phase 1) they simple go to the boss and become mDD.