Why did the Sith Empire crumble and fail?

DarthRamette

We don't know what happens to it yet, though I have a theory that it crumbles because the Emperor's essence eventually fails and dies. It's why the Original Sith Empire failed after Adas died, before then it was held in peace and unity.

I think its unlikely that the sith empire could fall in such a way that it could be considered Canon in the terms of the Extended Universe. You have an empire that spands the galaxy that has brought the republic to its knees and yet is not even mentioned in any of the books. Because when they were written it hadn't happened.

So from that point of view trying to tie it in would be difficult. A little like where in the Heir to the Empire stories the clone masters are refered to as mad and the enemies of the republic but in the clone wars were the people that allowed the republic to fight. You can't always tie things in so as far as TOR goes and an MMO goes the empire could very much win.

It will never be Canon but then there are things in the movies that aren't even Canon, Leia says she remembers her mother her true mother, Obi Wan never remembers owning a droid that belonged to his padawan and Han Solo and Chewie who has travelled from one edge of the Galaxy to the other knows nothing of Jedi and the force yet they were only hunted down in his life time and the walking carpet knew Yoda.

So as far as the empire falling it may never be explained in the life of tor.

My thoughts were either the usual backstabbing that just weakens the Empire little by little till it falls, people realize what the Emperors plan really is and take action but then that leads to infighting and the collapse of the Empire or something totally different. I was just thinking as I was writing my fan fiction story for my warrior and wondered if anyone knew of what y'all thought.

i still believe given that the empire uses the symbol that is the republics by the PT and the focus on many of the story's about each side being annihilated i think that the empire republic jedi and sith will do so much damage that in the end only a few on either side survive and in order to ensure life isn't wiped out from the galaxy they make peace join up and eventually merge into the republic that we know.

The Sith (up until the destruction and rebirth of the order by the Sith'ari) have always been plagued by in-fighting and treachery. You can't expect an empire to last when you never know when the guy next to you will stick a lightsaber in your back the second you turn around.

Either the emperor is really dead, and the hand is simply using Wrath as a puppet for their own reasons and it will come out, causing a massive power struggle OR his plan comes public knowledge, causing a Sith civil war because no Sith would take his or her own death freely, not even for the emperor, which is what the emperors plan would cause, the death of everyone (the reason why Scourge leaves his side).

OR the emperor succeeds, but that's never going to happen for obvious reasons.

Once either of the 2 possibilities happen, the pubs will clean up what's left of the Sith and accept the surrender of the Imperial citizens and military personnel and integrates them into the republic. They wouldn't repeat the mistake of the past and start another genocide.

These are the only scenarios that make any logical sense. It's not that I'm a pub supporter, because I play empire, it's just the sensible conclusion to this particular conflict.

Or, maybe, Nox takes over and crushes the republic. That would be great. However, in this case, without an external enemy, the Sith would destroy themselves and Jedi teachings would prevail, the Empire turned into a new republic and we are back at square 1. I mean, there are many Sith who have lost faith in their own side, even Malgus saw that the Empire was doomed with it's impractical ideology and I'm sure he wasn't alone.

I think its unlikely that the sith empire could fall in such a way that it could be considered Canon in the terms of the Extended Universe. You have an empire that spands the galaxy that has brought the republic to its knees and yet is not even mentioned in any of the books. Because when they were written it hadn't happened.

So from that point of view trying to tie it in would be difficult. A little like where in the Heir to the Empire stories the clone masters are refered to as mad and the enemies of the republic but in the clone wars were the people that allowed the republic to fight. You can't always tie things in so as far as TOR goes and an MMO goes the empire could very much win.

It will never be Canon but then there are things in the movies that aren't even Canon, Leia says she remembers her mother her true mother, Obi Wan never remembers owning a droid that belonged to his padawan and Han Solo and Chewie who has travelled from one edge of the Galaxy to the other knows nothing of Jedi and the force yet they were only hunted down in his life time and the walking carpet knew Yoda.

So as far as the empire falling it may never be explained in the life of tor.

this is so wrong.

Leia says she remembers only bits and pieces of her mother and that she was sad in her memories. You CAN have memories from that long ago, FYI.

Han and Chewie travelled across the galaxy and never came across anything that made them believe some force was "in control of his destiny". HUGE DIFFERENCE from being in control of your destiny and the physical power of the force and the jedi.

this is so wrong.

Leia says she remembers only bits and pieces of her mother and that she was sad in her memories. You CAN have memories from that long ago, FYI.

Han and Chewie travelled across the galaxy and never came across anything that made them believe some force was "in control of his destiny". HUGE DIFFERENCE from being in control of your destiny and the physical power of the force and the jedi.

BlazingShadow is right here. The whole Leia thing has been explained:

Although the Organas were not trying to hide the fact that Leia was adopted, they never informed the Princess of her true parentage, nor did they reveal the existence of her twin brother. However, during the short time between her birth and her mother's death, Leia gained a faint memory of her mother as a beautiful and kind, yet sad woman. ~ Wookieepedia

So partially through her own memory and through the Force, Leia retained an image of her mother which matches Padme's description (especially at the time) perfectly. You may say, but how is that possible? Even with the Force and at such a young age? But remember what Yoda says:

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future...the past...old friends long gone."
But anyway, I don't want to get too bogged down in that.

BlazingShadow is also right about Han and Chewbacca, they never said they hadn't met Jedi, Han just says he doesn't trust the Force. And even without the prequels this doesn't make sense. As Obi-Wan mentions lots of Jedi used to exist, so Han would have knew about them.

So as you can see, this sort of thing can and has been corrected very easily. It would be even more easy here. Plageuis has already been given mentions of Vitiate, as have other characters. And new EU following on from these events can easily be written. Just because no one mentions it 2,000 odd years later (why would they?) doesn't mean it can't work.

The Empire are too busy killing each other off to focus on the Republic. If you've played the IA, SW, and SI through Corellia it comes abundantly clear why this incarnation is doomed.

Both of the Sith classes are hunting down a Dark Council member instead of the Republic. The entire Intelligence division is dissolved by the Dark Council in a massive power play and its agents are reassigned to front line infantry for which they have little to no training. I think a line from the IA story here pretty much sums it up. "Darths Vowran, Baras, and Thanaton have half of our military forces tied up in personal power plays. We can win a war like that." Note that the quote may not be 100% accurate, it's been 8 months or so since my Sniper hit 50, but the gist of it is there.

The Empire are too busy killing each other off to focus on the Republic. If you've played the IA, SW, and SI through Corellia it comes abundantly clear why this incarnation is doomed.

Both of the Sith classes are hunting down a Dark Council member instead of the Republic. The entire Intelligence division is dissolved by the Dark Council in a massive power play and its agents are reassigned to front line infantry for which they have little to no training. I think a line from the IA story here pretty much sums it up. "Darths Vowran, Baras, and Thanaton have half of our military forces tied up in personal power plays. We can win a war like that." Note that the quote may not be 100% accurate, it's been 8 months or so since my Sniper hit 50, but the gist of it is there.

Lest we forget that you are hunting down a Dark Council member on behest of the Emperor himself in the SW story. And Thanaton did try to kill you more than a few times in the SI story, mostly because you represent change and he wants to preserve the Sith Order, if I remember correctly. I haven't played the SI story in a while, I could be wrong. So really, who's to say that eliminating Baras and Thanaton in both the Sith stories wasn't good for the Empire?

Lest we forget that you are hunting down a Dark Council member on behest of the Emperor himself in the SW story. And Thanaton did try to kill you more than a few times in the SI story, mostly because you represent change and he wants to preserve the Sith Order, if I remember correctly. I haven't played the SI story in a while, I could be wrong. So really, who's to say that eliminating Baras and Thanaton in both the Sith stories wasn't good for the Empire?

When you look at the overall big picture, they are bad for the Empire - both parties should never have caused trouble in the first place, but their desire for power drove them to act.