Needs some loving

denpic

So I constantly get told artifice is worthless

I can make 2 of the magenta crystals which do make some decent credits but also so can practically every other artificer On my server it seems this is the only thing of value we can make but to be honest I don't really do it for the credits, so i would like to see some more stuff added like modable custom shields and focuses,custom war hero light , Pvp grade hilts, bop or crafting locked crystals that are say +49 or even 50 of a stat something that gives artifice a reason at lvl 50

Also can we get something other than custom light saber schem from treasure hunting Tha gtn is full of them they are worthless

Also biometric alloy please make these drop from pvp vendor crafting boxes

Also requiring 3 biometric alloys to make the lvl 50 orange sabers is to much

Mats to make these is around 400k no ones going to pay this price

Edited by denpic

Why do sabres cost 400k? Bio alloy can be dropped in HM Flashpoints or from fleet comms boxes so they are free? Earn the mats that way and you can make a much bigger margin?

I've also picked up a level 24 enhancement, potential sales there (again by dropping alien cubes rather than buying them).

That's so true, our relics are BOP and almost worthless, who cares about sabers when you can augment your own now and Artifice can't even craft Augment kits! The crystals we can do can be bought at the pvp vendor, every drop is better than what we can craft. BW once said we will be able to craft even better gear than drops from flashpoints etc in 1.2. Fact is we can't, it's just a gimmick to outfit alts.

While synthweavers, armstechs and armormechs make a fortune of credits with augs already they can make even more with 1.3.

Artifice definately needs a boost and yea remove the alloys from saber mats and add more hilts etc.!

Puhlease! ^^

/agree

I was stoked when I read that new color crystals were coming in 1.2, yet haven't seen a single one, other than the 4 from the fleet PVP vendor. Hilts and Enhancements aside, I chose Artifice for my Sent for the color crystals, period. Where is my Purple Color Crystal schematic?? That's all I want, really!! I swear!

Artifice worthless!?!? I would say artifice is the second most useful behind cybertech. Think about how many peices of gear have enhancement slots. Weapon, head, chest, gloves, boots, and legs. That is six or seven if your a marauder/bounty hunter. I have three level 26 enhancement recipes I have gotten from reverse engineering blackhole gear. With those recipes i can have a toon as soon as he hits level 50 in nearly half black hole/campaign grade gear. Thats not including color crystals, augmented weapons, and you can also reverse engineer campaign relics and get augments in those. Combine that with my cybertech who has level 26 armoring and mod recipes all of my toons can be nearly fully geared minus implants, earpeice, maybe relic, offhand, belt and bracers. Of which you can buy on the gtn with the millions you will make from selling your level 26 enhancements, relics, augmented sabers, and color crystals.

Artifice is far far from being worthless.

I just do my black hole dailies save up the coms and buy a peice of gear with that then rip out the mods/enhancements and reverse engineer. Its still requires some work but not pve/raids everyday.

I know what you mean about pvp though I farmed for a whole to get the war hero gear and went to reverse engineer the lvl 26 pvp enhancement only to find out that "no research available".

yup, pvp is very behind in that case and if you can craft similar items the vendors have them, i do my dailies and weeklys too if I can, but I gotta keep those items if I ever get them

and other crew skill seem to get all the new stuff with every patch, that's why artifice really needs a boost

I just do my black hole dailies save up the coms and buy a peice of gear with that then rip out the mods/enhancements and reverse engineer. Its still requires some work but not pve/raids everyday.

I know what you mean about pvp though I farmed for a whole to get the war hero gear and went to reverse engineer the lvl 26 pvp enhancement only to find out that "no research available".

what I've found to be decent way to make $$$ is build a custom light saber and trick it out with proto hilt, crystal and enhansements... get a mod from comm vendor that sells from same level as hilt crystal and enhanse... needless to say you can make lvl 23, 31, 39 type lightsabers... make around 6-12k not a whole lot but when you have a butt ton of extra arch mats and a alot of gemstones from trying to crit gotta do something with all those extra mats that are just collecting dust in the cargo hold.... just food for thought

-sixnations

sorry that not every one can do pve 24/7 to reeinginee the atm best items, if you play almost pvp only it's hard ot get any new stuff at all

and why cut in your own hand?

maybe you should do a bit of pve. it takes like 2-3 hours to do all the dailies, RE the relic you get and hope you get schematic and same for enhancements, artifice make alot of money just not in numerous small amounts like synth arms armors or biochems do. if/when you do get the schematics, the money starts rolling in. credits won't fall into your lap

Artifice has so much potential to be developed. It would be nice to have silver or copper lightsabers like in KotOR2, or blasters that fire purple like Esh-kha. Diferent-looking lightsaber hilts would be nice too. As well as vanity / customisation purposes, how about rare variant schematics that buff different stats to the usual ones?

I have an alt grinding artifice, but as another person's already said, it's mostly just to provide crystals and enhancements for other alts as they level. Artifice really doesn't provide any items with wow factor. It really feels more of a dull grind than, say, Cybertech or Biochem.

(That's wow as in "wow!" not WoW, by the way!)

Bought Campaign relic (boundless age) with my first 200 comms, RE-ed and got the schematic :D (one lucky mofo I call myself from now on). Now I can craft a relic that sells for about 1mil on GTN and nothing much will change with 1.3 as 3 days worth of dailies can buy the relic from me, but would have to double that time (36 is max per day) to buy it from the vendor so if there's one GTN many ppl will buy it and spend their comms on other stuff.

I agree that there isn't much artifice can make without doing PVE and RE items but once you get the schematics you can make some serious money!

Edited by Thanatus

Why would you sell it for only 1M? I also got an campaign relic schematics with my artificer and I am trying to figure out what to do with the ability. As it is atm I can sell the mats required to make it for way more profit as mats than I can get for a crafted relic.

I dont know if this because the prices on gtn doesnt reflect reality, but as I see it atm the only use for campaign schematics are to gear alts and guildmembers.