How viable is Ashara for a Sorc?

Dasem

Thinking of starting up a Sorc. From my understanding, there's two tanks: Khem and Xallek. First and last companions.

Wanting to use the companion that I'd romance, I'd prefer to use Ashara. However, that makes DPS (me) with DPS (her).

Is that going to be any sort of an issue when leveling?

I have an Assassin, and I don't like the playstyle of it at all. That's my issue, not one with the class.

But it leaves me wondering how viable Ashara is for a DPS Sorc?

I have a Sage that using Cedrax, and it's a pretty constant stream of "everything dies and I keep on truckin'", so I expect a little more downtime with running dual DPS.

I also have a Marauder I use with.... I'm avoiding spoilers. The companion you get at the end of Chapter 1. And I've had no issues so far with that.

But this would be ranged and melee. Would Ashara be essentially chasing enemies that are running toward me, limiting her effectiveness?

Would dual ranged be better, and I go female to have Revel?

I understand Khem or Talos (that's the healer, right?) Would be better. But after having to use Khem until Tattooine, and his personality being pretty one-note, I was hoping to go with someone else. And Talos is the last companion I get.

Unless.... When -THAT- happens to Khem..... And we all know what I'm talking about... When that happens, does his personality drastically change? Only during class stuff, or all the time? Cuz if it changes a lot after the event, I may stick with Khem.

• 3 weeks later...
Thinking of starting up a Sorc. From my understanding, there's two tanks: Khem and Xallek. First and last companions.

Wanting to use the companion that I'd romance, I'd prefer to use Ashara. However, that makes DPS (me) with DPS (her).

Is that going to be any sort of an issue when leveling?

I have an Assassin, and I don't like the playstyle of it at all. That's my issue, not one with the class.

But it leaves me wondering how viable Ashara is for a DPS Sorc?

It is the best for fast pace. Bubble her and keybind Dark heal.

I've been using her ever since I got her (and I've been soloing heroic 2's and sometimes heroic 4's with some cc). Just bubble her and myself, send her in first and go to town. Keeping her geared, you have some pretty impressive burst dps between the two of you. Normally everything is dead by the time polarity shift ends for me on the higher mobs. (or at least pretty damn close to dead on like champions. But I'm also keeping myself and Ashara as geared as possible. And I'm running Lighting spec, so its burn everything down as fast as I can :D) Edited by Lagmonster

• 2 weeks later...
When I got her she stayed with me until Endgame, the only other companion I used was Andronikus because I had him geared so good he would take out mobs before I could finish lightning storm. But if you equip her with both sabres and 2 +41 Hawkeye crystals it will be like the edge of heaven...

Dual DPS with a Ranged DPS class is like playing the game on hardmode. you will be abusing Unnatural Preservation and Static Barrier, if you are expereinced or are looking for a challenge, that's definately a challenge. you would be better off with Talos Drellik or Khem.

of course not, i've rushed Taris lvl 30 to get Ashara, we were then overgeared and still, full pristine gear + hawkeyes crystal, i do all Oricon dailies solo, on 2 x dps basis, you must really destroy your opponent fast.

she's a beast as all comp well geared, no challenge here