Increase level 2 speeder %

--Gunner--

i think everyone here would agree that 210k is to much for a 10% increase 10 is nothing. in wow u got a 40% increase.. then a 110% increase, then ANOTHER 100% increase!!! (only if u had the mount) i move to slow in this game!!!! im not saying i want flying mounts. i just want a speeder that moves with a little more....awsome? Edited by --Gunner--

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think everyone here would agree that 210k is to much for a 10% increase 10 is nothing. in wow u got a 40% increase.. then a 110% increase, then ANOTHER 100% increase!!! (only if u had the mount) i move to slow in this game!!!! im not saying i want flying mounts. i just want a speeder that moves with a little more....awsome?

10% is 10 % faster.. if you choose to spend 200k for a 10% increase to get places 10% faster... to nodes for instance to get the credits faster..thats your choice..

personally i dont say increase the speed. I say decrease the cost.

this game does not move slowly. after you get sprint you barely need a speeder. I have one and I rarely use it because I use the taxi and quick travel system where appropriate.

I would increase the speed of everything, to be honest, like this maybe:

Sprint = 50%

Level 1 speeder = 100%

Level 2 speeder = 125%

Level 3 speeder = 150%

Since the areas are incredibly huge, this increase will make it easier and quicker to move around, and it will also make it feel like it's worth the credits getting the higher speeds as you level up. It's not a massive change from what it is not, but it might make it actually worth spending those tons of credits.

Edited by Senatsu

i think everyone here would agree that 210k is to much for a 10% increase 10 is nothing. in wow u got a 40% increase.. then a 110% increase, then ANOTHER 100% increase!!! (only if u had the mount) i move to slow in this game!!!! im not saying i want flying mounts. i just want a speeder that moves with a little more....awsome?

on a side note...we have flying mounts.. the speeders fly above the ground....

I would increase the speed of everything, to be honest, like this maybe:

Sprint = 50%

Level 1 speeder = 100%

Level 2 speeder = 125%

Level 3 speeder = 150%

Since the areas are incredibly huge, this increase will make it easier and quicker to move around, and it will also make it feel like it's worth the credits getting the higher speeds as you level up. It's not a massive change from what it is not, but it might make it actually worth spending those tons of credits.

the areas are not incredibly huge... Fall out has incredibly huge areas you need to run through.. these are small in comparison to alot of games... early EQ had much larger runs and you had no mounts at all.

If your point was that you have an allergy to wow, you made it abundantly clear, yes. How does your allergy apply to the topic of the thread however?

Your average run speed on foot is 15mph, a speeder that increases this by 100% is traveling at 30mph. At which point do you stop calling it a "speeder"?

Yeah it's not speedy by any stretch of the imagination. Reminds me more of a motability scooter they give the elderly LOL

Yeah it's not speedy by any stretch of the imagination. Reminds me more of a motability scooter they give the elderly LOL

i dont see how a 100% speed increase isnt considered speedy to you..do you want them to travel at lightspeed.

personally if someone told me they could make me run 100% faster than I currently do. I would definitly consider that speedy..

the areas are not incredibly huge... Fall out has incredibly huge areas you need to run through.. these are small in comparison to alot of games... early EQ had much larger runs and you had no mounts at all.

Fallout is a single-player game and EQ launched 13 years ago. Times change and MMOs evolve. This game is one of the biggest in size every created, just look at how small WoW's world is compared to this game; some planets are the equivalent of 8-9 WoW zones, that is huge. Considering the amount of planets you can easily see that it trumps WoW in size. This only stresses the need for higher movement speed or at least cheaper than it is now when you think of the little you get for the cost (being able to take more damage before you get thrown off is kinda "meh", convenient at times, but I'd take higher speed or cheaper training over that any day of the week).

i dont see how a 100% speed increase isnt considered speedy to you..do you want them to travel at lightspeed.

personally if someone told me they could make me run 100% faster than I currently do. I would definitly consider that speedy..

Keyword there is "run". We are not getting an increase to run speed, we are getting a new vehicle to ride on.

Get some rollerblades?

The lvl 3 speeders should be at least 210% to 300%. They are speeders right? In the Star Wars universe right? At 50 it will not effect leveling speed bc you are 50.

The vehicle Darth Maul used in Star Wars: Episode 1, now THAT is a proper speeder. Took less than 1 second before he was out of sight.

Fallout is a single-player game and EQ launched 13 years ago. Times change and MMOs evolve. This game is one of the biggest in size every created, just look at how small WoW's world is compared to this game; some planets are the equivalent of 8-9 WoW zones, that is huge. Considering the amount of planets you can easily see that it trumps WoW in size. This only stresses the need for higher movement speed or at least cheaper than it is now when you think of the little you get for the cost (being able to take more damage before you get thrown off is kinda "meh", convenient at times, but I'd take higher speed or cheaper training over that any day of the week).

I actually said cheeper is more logical than increased speed.

and to the other poster..yes it is a vehicle and it moves faster than you do running.. i do not see where the problem is..people complain that this game goes to fast as it is..

I still do not see how people think this game is huge.

you can run across most maps in little time without a speeder. they are large..but by no means are they mind numbingly large that make you want to pull your hair out.

maybe i just have more patience than some people.

I'm all for faster speeders.

Remember the movies? yeah those things created a long time ago in an industry far, far away? Remember the speeders in them? ZOOOOM! really fast, so fast everything was almost a blur.

When i think of the speeders in this game i can't even think of any real world analogy. I'd say those carts that old people get around on, but i've seen those actually go faster than what we get in TOR. That's right, old people who can barely walk and need mechanized help in the real world, get to go faster than we do in TOR.

I always read people asking for speeder races, yeah that's gonna be nail biting at the snails pace they currently go.

I think the speeders need to be faster.

Now, Im realistic too. They will NEVER be the speed of the speeders in the movies. Those things moved far to fast for an MMO.

However, when Im sitting on my speeder cruisin across the planet I never really feel like Im in a vehicle ment to realisticly transport me anywhere. The scenary around me does not go by fast enough. They are just too slow

They dont need to move at lightspeed. I'd love to see the 40 speeder be 150% and the 50 speeder be 200%

That would be proper speed and realistically obtainable for the game. The upgrades would feel more worth it, and each speeder would be much better than the last.

I think in WoW the actual game is much MUCH bigger so they can afford to allow us faster mounts.

If we actually went that fast in TOR the mobs wouldn't have a change to react even if we sped right through them.

I think in WoW the actual game is much MUCH bigger so they can afford to allow us faster mounts.

If we actually went that fast in TOR the mobs wouldn't have a change to react even if we sped right through them.

Thats a problem? Riding the 50 speeder you can go through the mobs anyway and unless its a boss or something you are pretty much guranteed to just keep on going.

Heck, you can do this with the 40 speeder sometimes too. The only speeder that requires you to go around mobs is the first one.

Id LIKE a speeder that lets me speed past the trash mobs faster. Who wants to stick around to fight a mob that you dont need to fight, especially at 50.

Now, Im realistic too. They will NEVER be the speed of the speeders in the movies. Those things moved far to fast for an MMO.

If you think even more realistically: anything moving at the speed the speeders are in the game, would be unable to keep themselves in the air. It's just not physically possible since they don't create enough momentum.

If they were to change the name from speeder to hoverbikes or something, then it would be more believable.