Well that was impressive.

DarthTHC

I can't say what was impressive, of course, because doing so would violate forum rules. But impressive nonetheless.

But since we're talking impressive and we're here on the SWTOR forums, let's talk impressive WRT Star Wars of any flavor, variety, or implementation.

A few things that have been impressive, at least to me:

* The crafting system originally in SWG. I'm sad to think that no game will ever have its equal because of its complexity.

* The fervor with which the fan-base remembers and fights for, "Han shot first!"

* That "save the princess from the evil wizard's tower" dressed up in a space fantasy costume still captivates tens of millions of people, myself included, over 30 years later

* That Lucas actually sold the rights to Disney, and that Disney shelled out the scratch to buy it, and the number

* The launch of this game. So many MMO's are plagued by launch issues, crashes, bugs, lag, all sorts of mean, nasty, ugly stuff. This game's launch was technically flawless. Whomever planned and implemented it is to be commended.

* The BioWare team's ability to manage complete radio silence on guild ships right up to the announcement yesterday. If I were on that team, it would have killed me to stay quiet while working on that feature.

* The community team's commitment to doing their jobs well. To communicating honestly, clearly, and frequently. And especially to Eric who subjects himself to everyone watching him get demolished in PvP just about every week. ;)

Anyone else? What do you have?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say what was impressive, of course, because doing so would violate forum rules. But impressive nonetheless.

But since we're talking impressive and we're here on the SWTOR forums, let's talk impressive WRT Star Wars of any flavor, variety, or implementation.

* The crafting system originally in SWG. I'm sad to think that no game will ever have its equal because of its complexity.

* The fervor with which the fan-base remembers and fights for, "Han shot first!"

* That "save the princess from the evil wizard's tower" dressed up in a space fantasy costume still captivates tens of millions of people, myself included, over 30 years later

* That Lucas actually sold the rights to Disney, and that Disney shelled out the scratch to buy it, and the number

* The launch of this game. So many MMO's are plagued by launch issues, crashes, bugs, lag, all sorts of mean, nasty, ugly stuff. This game's launch was technically flawless. Whomever planned and implemented it is to be commended.

* The BioWare team's ability to manage complete radio silence on guild ships right up to the announcement yesterday. If I were on that team, it would have killed me to stay quiet while working on that feature.

* The community team's commitment to doing their jobs well. To communicating honestly, clearly, and frequently. And especially to Eric who subjects himself to everyone watching him get demolished in PvP just about every week. ;)

Oh, you tease. :D

But now I wanna knoooowww!!! :mad:

Lol PM me? Or we talking NDA type stuff?

I am impressed by:

The continued commitment to stick with all fully-voiced content.

The CM to generate enough cash to fund the features we're seeing today (and soon).

The ability of the team to sneak things like graphical upgrades and bug fixes into the patches without a word.

The fact that BW listens to the fans does make changes to the game based on our feedback and suggestions.

Force lightning. :t_evil:

I was impressed with the BobVader thread the other day...all things considered, it was a very good discussion.

And yeah, the other thing that happened was quick...too quick...in fact, it was so quick that I'm not sure I actually saw it...

It does make me optimistic that guild capital ships are being implemented and they were completely silent about it.

Though not an addition I was overly excited for, I know a lot of people have wanted this, and it makes me think that perhaps they have other things in the works for features that the community has asked for many times over but has been met with silence (I'd really like to see Pazaak in cantinas and on fleet, even if simply for comms or with a credit cap with NPCs).

Perhaps if the feature has any way to link cartel coins to it, it is more likely to be seen.

Now if only the big announcement at year's end is taking up class stories in some form again. :D

I was impressed with the BobVader thread the other day...all things considered, it was a very good discussion.

And yeah, the other thing that happened was quick...too quick...in fact, it was so quick that I'm not sure I actually saw it...

I definitely didn't see it, but after reading this thread I wished I had. :(

I missed it. :mad:

Nevermind - groovy.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

Lukes leap from the carbon freeze chamber....rumor is, it was most impressive.

I definitely didn't see it, but after reading this thread I wished I had. :(

I missed it. :mad:

N00bs...L2F5faster ;)

You didn't miss anything really. It wasn't anything linked or typed, just the speed with which it went *poof* that I believe DarthTHC was impressed with.

Speaking of impressed...I'll be very impressed if housing doesn't have a peg/hook feature and we can decorate freely!

Here's what happened.

Debbie from Downerville decided she didn't like the icing on the cake everyone else loved and decided since she hated it everyone else hated it and anyone who disagreed was ignorant. Shortly after Debbie was arrested and thrown into Jail with Sue from Sadstown and Leah from Letdown City.

I just had to go shower to get ready for work and I missed something.... /sigh. If someone can PM it to me that would be great.

Nope. Personal hygiene is frowned upon here. This is a gaming forum. No breaks for showers. :eek:

Here's what happened.

Debbie from Downerville decided she didn't like the icing on the cake everyone else loved and decided since she hated it everyone else hated it and anyone who disagreed was ignorant. Shortly after Debbie was arrested and thrown into Jail with Sue from Sadstown and Leah from Letdown City.

This forum's community is, for the most part, awesome. Love this.

Edited by DarthTHC

Here's what happened.

That sounds like a TV show my ex would watch.