Noticed an increase in bot-like behavior

SplatterPaw

The last few days on Harbinger has been pretty bad for bot-like behavior. Been getting domination matches where fighters would do one of the following:

- beelines to a node and stop, do nothing even when another ship stops next to it and blows it up.

- beelines to a node, then just fly circles

- beelines to a node, attacks turrets by stopping at max range and opening fire.

The toons that do this are usually lowbie toons.

This is just not on, it ruins the fun for everyone... :mon_mad:

- beelines to a node and stop, do nothing even when another ship stops next to it and blows it up.

- beelines to a node, then just fly circles

- beelines to a node, attacks turrets by stopping at max range and opening fire.

Still better than most Imperial pilots.

Thought it was BS till today. In a deathmatch against the other faction, there were two pub strike fighters that were odd. One would fly at the edge of the map, well away from battle and then hide next to an asteroid. The other went and just parked inside a mass of girders in a structure of some kind.

Both responded when ya took their shields out, but seemed oblivious otherwise. They weren't even targeting anyone.

First time I've seen that. Thanks for the points, I guess. lol

The other went and just parked inside a mass of girders in a structure of some kind.

Both responded when ya took their shields out, but seemed oblivious otherwise. They weren't even targeting anyone.

Yeah, I saw this once in a deathmatch yesterday. Guy parked in a niche in ship hulls then didn't move. He fired back when I blew him up. Didn't really give it much thought. I don't think it is 'bot' so much as 'leech'. Not that you get more than about 150-250 requisition for that kind of behavior though.

We cannot know for certain if someone is a bot or not (wow did not see that rhyme til after I wrote it lol) if you think someone is botting write a report, it will be investigated and if they are botting they will be punished, if not nothing will be done