The joke that is CC

-Arcane-

CC is annoying but necessary. I'm pretty sure the healers, later in levels, get a dispel to help out as well as your escape ability, and resolve.

Now with that said, I'm not convinced that resolve isn't working properly. I've watched it tick down WHILE I was I in a CC.

Edited by zPeanutz

love the ranged cc classes calling man a noob cause he says they are broken.

my only thing would be give the local "dispel" ability a short window of existance. currently when you pop it you break all cc but then someone immediately cc's you again... so basically pointless if it had say a 6 second timer where you couldnt be cc'd or 2 seconds even it would allow people the chance to escape if played well but not over powered that they escape every time

love the ranged cc classes calling man a noob cause he says they are broken.

my only thing would be give the local "dispel" ability a short window of existance. currently when you pop it you break all cc but then someone immediately cc's you again... so basically pointless if it had say a 6 second timer where you couldnt be cc'd or 2 seconds even it would allow people the chance to escape if played well but not over powered that they escape every time

Then you shouldve timed it right and payed more attention to others around you.

Then you shouldve timed it right and payed more attention to others around you.

oh shut your pie hole, each class has multiple cc's that each can be used back to back if you have more than 3 on you that means theres multiple cylces of multiple slows, knocks, subdues, sleeps and stuns that will be used. now if im a tank with ooo 8000hp cause of abilitys and health i take a while to die, and yet my dispel has a long cool down so i wait for the largest stack of cc while im moving back to healers and i pulse it, still tho am cc'd right after. theres no win, stop trying to sound elite and listen.

CC has a place in PvP I totally agree.

However the diminishing returns system DOES NOT WORK.

Being chainstunned to death is commonplace vs decent ranged players.

I really love the resolve system...it's just not working right now =/

CC is totally broken.

Unlimited spam no Dimishing Returns make ranged CC classes totally overpowered.

Discuss:

Well, since all classes have ranged abilities, fall back for a bit, heal, and return to the fight. I never thought "woah stunlocked" like DotA, or something. However, it is very easy for me a consular to get separation from melee classes, IF I have all my tools ready. It's surprising how well a force push, stun, DoTs combo works to give an HP advantage. Still, I like my survivability better than in Vanilla WoW, where as a mage, I could be stunlocked by a rouge and killed before I became unstunned.

My advice for you would be to stay with your team. If you run into a group of reds, expect to get stunned a lot. In PUGs, if they all burn their CC on you, well, you did your job. You have the most damage mitigating abilities. This should allow your team an edge, because CC timing is critical and if theirs overlap, it's wasted. The critical factor to your success, I think, would be to have backup and try to stay near corners/LoS blockers if practical.

I don't think diminishing returns are necessary in TOR's small warzones. I'm not sure which classes would have "unlimited spam" CC, but as a Sage, all of mine are on cooldowns of 30 seconds or more and I assume others are too.

As a side note, for the pvp scoreboard, they need a damage absorbed/CC absorbed tracker, as well as a trap damage absorber/trap damage instigator just for fun.:D

I like where PvP is at.

Wow I have never ever been chain stunned to death. Unless, you count jumping into the middle of 5 guys and getting toasted.

I am a Juggs and very rarely do I get stunned more than 2x in a row

You must play against some terrible people. Not only have I been CC'd to death but I have, myself, CC'd people to death. I guess heavy armor probably helps.

Seriously though I know the resolve bar is not working properly, it's more than obvious. I also know that if it was working properly this wouldn't be an issue...so I'm not really that upset about it since I know they will fix it and probably fix it soon.

*Sigh*

This place has been infested with kids.

For the last time. Every class has CC's

Wether it be a stun shield or slow.

go take some time off and read a book or walk around somewhere maybe that will help you get your mind off it mate.

• 1 month later...
You must play against some terrible people. Not only have I been CC'd to death but I have, myself, CC'd people to death. I guess heavy armor probably helps.

Seriously though I know the resolve bar is not working properly, it's more than obvious. I also know that if it was working properly this wouldn't be an issue...so I'm not really that upset about it since I know they will fix it and probably fix it soon.

So then, ask yourself this.

How often have you noticed the times you should've been CC'd, but didn't because your resolve bar was full? It's easier to notice when you are stunned, but harder to notice you didn't, isn't it?

So how accurate is it when people are saying their resolve bar doesn't work for them? Because I know for sure I couldn't CC people with their full resolve bar. Clearly it's working to some extent. But I fear most people are only noticing when they're CC'd, and not when they countered one from resolve.

CC has a place in PvP I totally agree.

However the diminishing returns system DOES NOT WORK.

Being chainstunned to death is commonplace vs decent ranged players.

How do you observe that it doesn't work?

Have you counted the times Resolve prevented a CC from landing on you? Or do you only count the times you're CC'd?

I've definitely had my CC wasted because some people have had their resolve bars full, so something is clearly working. But most don't realize a CC was attempted and missed. they only notice when they're CC'd.

oh shut your pie hole, each class has multiple cc's that each can be used back to back if you have more than 3 on you that means theres multiple cylces of multiple slows, knocks, subdues, sleeps and stuns that will be used. now if im a tank with ooo 8000hp cause of abilitys and health i take a while to die, and yet my dispel has a long cool down so i wait for the largest stack of cc while im moving back to healers and i pulse it, still tho am cc'd right after. theres no win, stop trying to sound elite and listen.

So 3 against one and you have an issue with them unloading all their CC's on you.

Why is that you guys always like to create scenarios that are 1 vs many? Do you complain when you and your teammates target ONE enemy player and CC him to death?

CCs are balanced for 1vs1 and not group PVP. This is a glaring issue and if any BW dev actually played the game this would be fixed. If a team decides to focus on a player they can easily CC lock that player into the ground.

Happens to me often and I will take the exact same CC several times or one CC after another until I am killed. Of course I pop my one anti-CC but the rain of CCs is over whelming if your focused on.

CCs are balanced for 1vs1 and not group PVP. This is a glaring issue and if any BW dev actually played the game this would be fixed. If a team decides to focus on a player they can easily CC lock that player into the ground.

Happens to me often and I will take the exact same CC several times or one CC after another until I am killed. Of course I pop my one anti-CC but the rain of CCs is over whelming if your focused on.

So how is this different than say... WoW, when you're focused on.

If this is clearly an issue with MMO PvP, then shouldn't WoW have addressed this issue as well?

I use WoW as an example since it is one of the highest grossing MMOs around.

CC is annoying but necessary. I'm pretty sure the healers, later in levels, get a dispel to help out as well as your escape ability, and resolve.

Now with that said, I'm not convinced that resolve isn't working properly. I've watched it tick down WHILE I was I in a CC.

Oh I know, I can sap someone taking a point in alderan ... they wait it out, start taking the node again ... resolve is back to ZERO .... sap again. Unless they use their trinket and and get right back on the node (if they pop the trinket though, 9 out of 10 times, they run around looking for me first ... allowing resolve to reset), they cant cap that node.

Wash rinse repeat ... for as long as needed.

Given the nature of the resolve mechanic, that seems totally broken, I agree.

Edited by HoosierDuke