I'm having an issue trying to create my own character

xomisstandella

First time player here, but I'm trying to play and i can log in properly to the client but I keep getting sent to my boyfriend's character list, and I'm confused why because he has his own account. Does it only accept one account per computer? because if so, I wasted 30 bucks for nothing. lol

*UPDATE*

figured out what was going on, our accounts got switched somehow and we submitted a ticket and are now waiting for a reply, also my boyfriend got some "one time" password thing and I didn't, :eek::csw_yoda:

Edited by xomisstandella

thats kinda wierd if u ask me,e specially when u log in with diffrent login and password:tran_eek: do u have dynamic ip or static ip?

dynamic ip, i guess...I just looked up the definition lol we're connected through the router.

....I'm sorry I don't get this computer lingo, stuff so I apologize for sounding stupid ): lol

It's tough to say without more details ...

I assume you bought your own "key" - or was the $30 only for the update? If you don't have your own account, that would explain why you only see his account's characters.

Did you create your own copy of the game in a separate folder? If not, there are several small parts of the game that are in "Documents" (screen shots) and Users\[username]\AppData\... that would be specific to the install and ....

Do you log into the computer as a separate user? If not, the files in AppData would be specific to the user who's logged in.

I'm not sure if any of the files in Documents or AppData would contain the character list, but that could be the problem.

What I would recommend (which may or may not be necessary) would be to copy the game to another folder. Preferably, create a new folder called Games (or w/e) and copy the entire SWTOR folder into it. (If swtor is currently in "Program Files" you might only need to have the one copy in "Games" as Program Files is tied to the user.)

After you do that, log into the computer as a separate/new user - you may need to setup as a new user in Control Panel/User Accounts - and navigate to where you copied SWTOR. In there, run Launcher.exe to setup the game for the new user (you).

I can't say for sure if that will work, but other than that I would suggest you do install the game on a separate computer. That way you can also both play at the same time. Also, you will need your own account - even if it's F2P - to have a separate character list.

It's tough to say without more details ...

I assume you bought your own "key" - or was the $30 only for the update? If you don't have your own account, that would explain why you only see his account's characters.

Did you create your own copy of the game in a separate folder? If not, there are several small parts of the game that are in "Documents" (screen shots) and Users\[username]\AppData\... that would be specific to the install and ....

Do you log into the computer as a separate user? If not, the files in AppData would be specific to the user who's logged in.

I'm not sure if any of the files in Documents or AppData would contain the character list, but that could be the problem.

What I would recommend (which may or may not be necessary) would be to copy the game to another folder. Preferably, create a new folder called Games (or w/e) and copy the entire SWTOR folder into it. (If swtor is currently in "Program Files" you might only need to have the one copy in "Games" as Program Files is tied to the user.)

After you do that, log into the computer as a separate/new user - you may need to setup as a new user in Control Panel/User Accounts - and navigate to where you copied SWTOR. In there, run Launcher.exe to setup the game for the new user (you).

I can't say for sure if that will work, but other than that I would suggest you do install the game on a separate computer. That way you can also both play at the same time. Also, you will need your own account - even if it's F2P - to have a separate character list.

I downloaded the game from the site, and I bought a subscription for my own account I have my own information and everything but my computer is windows 8 so it's my email that logs me into the computer. It's kind of pissing me off because of the amount of money I wasted $60 for two memberships lol.. but thanks I'll try that :) We only have one computer, so I figured it would be easier to play alone but it's being a tool lol.

Strange, you can actually log in to another account from the same computer and even the same windows account. Data that isn't stored on the game servers is stored on your computer either under the login name or the character name. All that matters is the name you enter in the launcher ("xomisstandella" and the password you use to log in here). Edited by Mubrak

As the guy above pointed out, you should be logging in to SWTOR with your own username and password - which should be the same username a password you log into these forums - and your BF should have his own username and password to log in to SWTOR with.

It also occurs to me that the "characters" should be stored on BW's host servers, not locally on your computer, so I really don't know how you should see his characters. Unless, of course, maybe before you bought two accounts, you shared one account and then upgraded that shared account to a Subscriber account?

Question - when your BF logs in to his account, what characters does he see?

and - can you both now make new characters that only appear on your specific account?

and, finally, - is your BF being a doofus and logging in to SWTOR using your username instead of his own?

Edited by JediQuaker