The story isn't epic when I can OHKO Baras

FourPawnBenoni

A great example of the devs dumbing down the game to cater towards the simple minded casual player.

Even the casual Players would be insulted actually . The game was never hard to begin with . Gear up and it would make a hell of a difference .

I have no idea what BW was thinking . Level Sync is great(not really:p)..but why suck the so-not-difficult difficulty out already ? It doesn't make sense !

Unfortunately this has been the case since level sync was implemented, made everything story wise super easy same as KOTFE, at launch some of those story bosses were actually entertaining, now it's just a face roll.

Luckily for me I guess I did them before level sync back in year 1.

Your best bet to attempt an epic fight, is:

*No companion

*No buffs

*all mods out of lightsaber

*No armor on(Use outfit designer for your appearance)

*Avoid overpowered skills.

That's really the best bet. Even then its probably going to be a relatively simple fight.

I fought Baras last night for the third time and could not believe how easy it was. At one point I actually stopped hitting him because his health was going down so quickly I thought the instance was broken. I think Quinn might've technically defeated him the first time.

That was...anticlimactic to say the least.

If the devs somehow forgot to boost the bosses in instances...well okay then someone needs to remind them, because I can't imagine anyone wanting a boss fight to take less than five minutes. Seriously. I keep seeing that phrase "dumbed down for casuals" but unless the definitions have changed drastically I am a filthy casual - I've never run a single Operation nor set foot in a WZ - and I most certainly do not want my game dumbed down. A boss fight should feel like a boss fight. I should not regret bringing a companion into a fight because maybe, just maybe, the boss would've been a bit of a challenge otherwise.

The boss fights "set" on and around Corellia aren't really any harder. Removing Level Sync wouldn't help that much because they'd still have to be set at a difficulty of around L45-50, because that's the "intended" level at which you're intended to complete your class stories (and L50 is still the cap for F2P). Only most subscribers are going to hit the end of their class stories at a higher level than that, and with gear better than F2P can equip. So they're still going to absolutely outclass any story boss balanced to the original level cap.

I just did a run through of the Trooper storyline back to back with a run through of the SI. Neither "final boss" fight was particularly noteworthy; because in both cases I was running a L65 character with tier 0/1 endgame gear. I'd argue that both of those fights were "harder" than when I took my L60 trooper through the final fight at somewhere between 10 and 15 levels over the opponent and he couldn't touch me due to the level difference.

The two hardest "story boss" fights I can recall were neither of them class story enders. The first one was the boss of Consular ch.1 (my very first character, poorly equipped and me not knowing the game mechanics), and the "boss fight" of the JK arc on Belsavis (where you were evidently supposed to actively avoid fighting the enemies in favor of running around disarming bombs; with no good explanation of why that fight was different than every other fight in the game, where you killed the enemies and then cleaned up the objectives.)

TL;DR - Level Sync didn't make the fights easy; raising the level cap did.

Don't know what you guys are talking about. I defeated him twice since lvl sync and he isn't that easy.

Then you haven't upgraded your gear and using gear you got when you first start leveling or you don't know what your are doing because he is a cake walk compared to what he was before this. I have done it twice, once before all this and then after level sync and he is a cake walk now. It took me forever the first time but the last time it was over before it began.

I mean, geesh. You guys didn't plan out your level sync very well. All that build up against a supposed Sith Lord that was strong enough to apply pressure to the entire Dark Council.

Remember when I was new back in '12, a bit before the F2P release, Was stuck on Darth Angral for a couple of days, then a couple of weeks later when a mate turned up in a cantina all purple mods!!! Those was so rare back then so he was looked upon as a gaming demigod!!

Edited by t-darko

Class stories were more fun back when the bosses in those stories posed at least a moderate challenge. Now you steamroll them just as easily as any nameless mob. I bet you could even walk away from your computer and allow your companion to solo class story bosses, and so long as they were on tank stance they'd win.

I took a DvL character through the Jedi Knight class story again recently, and it was almost sad how much of a joke Vitiate now is compared to at release. Back in 2012 you get could get one-shotted by Vitiate if you didn't pay attention to the fight mechanics, and chat was always filled with people asking for help with that fight. Now the reverse is true and Vitiate drops dead before you complete a full rotation.

At the very least it would be nice if they could add difficulty levels for instanced content, so that if you chose you could have those fights play out as they were at release.

No wonder people go into flashpoints and Ops not knowing how to play their class.

The last class story I finished was the Trooper. I got disconnected just as I began to engage General Rakton. I logged back on expecting disaster only to find 4X had single-handedly pounded him into the ground.

The last class story I finished was the Trooper. I got disconnected just as I began to engage General Rakton. I logged back on expecting disaster only to find 4X had single-handedly pounded him into the ground.

Which just goes to show it's not the Level Sync doing it...

Agreed. Back in vanilla, the Possessed Kira fight was three rounds. It was properly scary having to fight your best friend and trying to snap her out of it (first time I fought her I had about 30% health left from the Darth Angral fight and she wiped the floor with me).

I miss bosses that felt like bosses too.

I think that is the saddest part of boss fights in class stories being nerfed into the dirt. The lack of any gameplay challenge now sucks to be sure, but the greatest loss is how the easier fights detract from the story being told.

A tough boss fight, like with the Angral & Kira combo in Chapter 1, or Vitiate or Baras in Chapter 3, gives the story being told more emotional weight. The fight with Kira should feel epic. The player should feel like that showdown is like Obi Wan & Anakin on Mustafar. If the story is implying a tough fight is ahead , I want to experience that with my character. I don't want the fight to be over 3 seconds with a gameplay-and-story segregation hand wave.

The Emperor is the most powerful force user in the setting and now T7 can probably solo him. No wonder he prefers Zakuul. He probably never got solo'd by an astromech droid there. :D

Sad!

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Forex is a practically indestructible war droid of patriotic awesomeness. Frankly, I'd be disappointed if he couldn't smite Rakton :p

Don't know what you guys are talking about. I defeated him twice since lvl sync and he isn't that easy.

As a legendary player with all datacrons and all companion stories complete you are like atleast two times powerful than base dmg, same goes for your companion who is like five times stronger than you.

So I had to cancel Vette and have a true 1v1 vs baras to enjoy the battle atleast for few seconds.