Any plans to make the "raid only" armor sets purchasable?

Nharet

I don't understand why they are locked behind a raid. The whole theory behind this expac is "do whatever content you want"

What is the intent behind locking this gear behind a specific type of content?

Any chance of them appearing on vendors in 6.1?

Edited by Nharet

I don't understand why they are locked behind a raid. The whole theory behind this expac is "do whatever content you want"

The intent is to encourage people to run the new Operation. However from what I've seen most if not all of the BiS set bonuses aren't locked to the new Operation (not sure on Jug or Sent sets), so unless your actually trying for the achievements it's not necessary for most of the classes.

They have always had a chance to appear on the Kai Zykken vendor and to drop in renown crates. For example, the two pieces of Flawless Risposte (Jedi Knight set exclusive to Dxun op) I have came from Kai.

Okay so maybe in 3 months I might maybe somewhat get enough for a 6pc set bonus maybe. Meanwhile I can build an entire set of the other shells by playing any content I want.

There is no point in gating anything behind a specific content type. RNG is awful. The game is literally designed to let you play whatever content you want in whatever style you want (tactics and set bonuses) while reducing RNG to nothing!

Except for this nonsense raid locked gear.

I guess the response would be, set boni aren’t a part of vertical progression any more. If you don’t want to do the new operation, then you can use gear sets other than what is in Dxun. On the SWTOR Theorycrafters discord, of all the set boni that are listed as best in slot, only one of them (VG/PT tank) is exclusive to Dxun, and there is a decent alternative. Every other advanced class’ recommended set can be obtained. As long as compelling alternatives exist I don’t think it’s a bad thing to incentivize newer content (like the newest Op).

• 2 weeks later...