[VIDEO] Guardian Vigilance PvP Ep1: Unremitting leaps

darthnish

i find sorc middle tree more trouble than powertechs

Agree 100%. Anni mara, pyro, dotter sorc in middle tree most dangerous for def/vigi hybrid of my guardian.

In focus derpsmash tree, I can kill all of them, but lost by sniper, sin and probably good lucky operative. And yes, full vigi good guardian kill my focus guardian too.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Agree 100%. Anni mara, pyro, dotter sorc in middle tree most dangerous for def/vigi hybrid of my guardian.

In focus derpsmash tree, I can kill all of them, but lost by sniper, sin and probably good lucky operative. And yes, full vigi good guardian kill my focus guardian too.

yeah focus guardians beat me if they jump me, but i can win if i jump them :D

Nice vid, but I'll keep my smash spec. :p

Although the thought has crossed my mind to go vig just to counter the sorc bubble pops.

noo you must come to the vigilance side! , fyi last game i just did, most amount of ccs used on me during unremitting : 5 , 2 kbs one mez, 2 stuns. all resisted ,i rofled

Thanks guys!

oh since you also play a guardian got any tips for me? as in rotations /priorities for some reason i dont seem to bother getting more than 2 stacks of armor debuff up on a target if saber throw is on cd, is worth the GCD? in b/w plasma brand and overhead slash?

For Pvp it's hard to say. Vigilance is a sustained spec. You can get away without using masterstrike since you always want to be on the move (What was bioware thinking with an immobile melee class? We should be doing more damage than derpsmash!).

You abide by the 9 second rule; 4.5 Sunders, 9 Overhead Slashes, plasma brands, and blade storms. Even talented masterstrike is 3 times 9 (27 seconds)

You want to be using Sundering strike whenever you can since its damage is pretty nice for a focus builder. That leaves you with 3 seconds in between each one. Use overhead slash and plasma brand in different 4.5 second "Chunks" , to keep Force Rush on you at all times. Since plasma brand is so high on focus cost, pair it with strike or something, and pair Blade storm with Overhead slash. Normall Plasma brand would be higher but since PvP is about burst, Do the overhead slash/blade storm "chunk" first.

Rotation is like Sunder, Overhead, Blade Storm, Sunder, Plasma brand (Dispatch if <30%, strike if not, saber throw if you're in Pve gear and have that set bonus for no minimum range O.o), sunder, overhead, etc.

Each "Chunk" builds 3 focus when talented, but spends 8 (That's another reason I pair overhead slash with Blade storm and dispatch w/ Plasma brand).

Start out with max burst by using your 6focus gen. Use Focused Defense like Cloak of pain - all the time whenever you're heavily attacked (or at all attacked for that manner).

For Pvp it's hard to say. Vigilance is a sustained spec. You can get away without using masterstrike since you always want to be on the move (What was bioware thinking with an immobile melee class? We should be doing more damage than derpsmash!).

You abide by the 9 second rule; 4.5 Sunders, 9 Overhead Slashes, plasma brands, and blade storms. Even talented masterstrike is 3 times 9 (27 seconds)

You want to be using Sundering strike whenever you can since its damage is pretty nice for a focus builder. That leaves you with 3 seconds in between each one. Use overhead slash and plasma brand in different 4.5 second "Chunks" , to keep Force Rush on you at all times. Since plasma brand is so high on focus cost, pair it with strike or something, and pair Blade storm with Overhead slash. Normall Plasma brand would be higher but since PvP is about burst, Do the overhead slash/blade storm "chunk" first.

Rotation is like Sunder, Overhead, Blade Storm, Sunder, Plasma brand (Dispatch if <30%, strike if not, saber throw if you're in Pve gear and have that set bonus for no minimum range O.o), sunder, overhead, etc.

Each "Chunk" builds 3 focus when talented, but spends 8 (That's another reason I pair overhead slash with Blade storm and dispatch w/ Plasma brand).

Start out with max burst by using your 6focus gen. Use Focused Defense like Cloak of pain - all the time whenever you're heavily attacked (or at all attacked for that manner).

ah cheers for this mate ill keep all of tis in mind, thank you so much for taking time to type this out for me ^^

For those running smash spec u can still have the high numbers with the vig tree talent of unremitting. I run a hybrid of smash and vig to counter the stun bubble and cc combos. Nothing better than some sorc popping his bubble on me when i leap just to see it fail and he's hit full force from my sweep anyway lol

For those running smash spec u can still have the high numbers with the vig tree talent of unremitting. I run a hybrid of smash and vig to counter the stun bubble and cc combos. Nothing better than some sorc popping his bubble on me when i leap just to see it fail and he's hit full force from my sweep anyway lol

nooooooo dont make the vigilance spec dirty! keep to your smash :p