[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

Xinika

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow no one is updating information. That is sad.

I have my reasons. But this thread hasn't been updated in years and it won't be either as the OP quit a long, long time ago.

But I havn't provided new stat gages because the current situation is a rather interesting one.

I don't believe we should be stacking crit into obliviion just because it makes your abilities hit harder, but at the same time all I really have to go on are the PvE metrics. I personally have been liking the use of a solid amount of Alacrity to go with. However admittedly.. if you are still a bit new to the class or you don't know exactly what ability you want to use at what time.. Alacrity won't help you as much as Crit and Power will.

All in all, I would advise veterans of the class to get Alacrity.

And people less comfortable to get some Accuracy and put the rest into Critical Strike.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
10/30/2019: Deception PvP Update - Gearing / Basic Rotation

\\

Gearing & Stats Priority

• Accuracy is not mandatory as this spec since it receives the accuracy tank bonus. It is not recommend to use any accuracy pieces for this spec.
  • Absolutely no Crit
  • Absolutely no Alacrity
  • Must at least hit 75% Surge
  • All in Power (Due to Auto-Crits and the high uptime on Shock, Darkness' burst potential benefits greatly from stacking as much Power / Surge as possible)
  • Power / Main Stat Relics
  • Requires A Shield instead of a Power Generator
  • Resolve Augments (Makes it easier to hit the necessary crit without sacrificing enhancements / mods) or Power Augments for the all-burst style
  • Note that in 3.1, Alacrity may become more important due to Discharge changes.

Hi, isn't this outdated? I read Mastery is better now (at least starting at 5.0),

sorry I'm kinda new, I just read this is from 2013/updated 2015 and then read some contradiction to what I read for recent patch. THanks

- what is Surge? (75%)

Edited by HottesIce