Unassembled Components dropping from Flashpoints and Operations

Ok, so I had this crazy vision-like dream that Unassembled Components would be dropping from flashpoints and operations. I don't like reality much, because it blows. But if only Bioware considered having unassembled components drop from flashpoints and operations quests and bosses. Yeah, I totally get it would sap the spirit of PVP but it would be so much easier and less painful. I did mention in a thread that I am NOT pvping anymore, because it's just full of idiots from WoW (World of Warcraft) and the like!

I may or may not have everyone's votes on this, but at least I've said my piece on this topic. Depending on that everyone agrees or disagrees with me, it doesn't matter just as long as everyone is enjoying their happy little / big hunting trips for more powerful gear.

100% Agree!

Having to pvp to be able to upgrade my pve gear is killing a lot of fun for me.

I hate pvp and though random unranked warzones can be easily done brain afk, while flashpoints (especially master mode) need some more concentration and effort, I feel absolutely no joy in doing pvp.

Moreover this whole system kinda killed master mode flashpoint queue pops.

People want components, so many players just spam warzones all day long and don't waste their time in master mode flashpoints anymore.

Components for flashpoints would be great...allowing an easy accessible alternative to easy accessible pvp and hopefully bringing back life into master mode flashpoints.

Agree. Right now game is forcing us to play PVP. Its stupid and boring.

Also Agree !00%

I can't do pvp anymore, to many premades formed up and trying to get any components anymore is a nightmare. I am lucky i fly but not everyone has that choice of GSF. Srsly...there has to be a component fix, even placing some with daily heroics something...its bad enough we have to sit afk through 20 wz's to get the companion pierce or 4X. but now to get components ugg..it is a nightmare >< and i raid..i am lucky to be in 242's ( A LOT of flying). but yeah...remove any requirements for pvp..and if you get around to it..a separate pvp tree would be nice...so you don't mess up our pve trees when the pvper's demand "equality" to their particular class are god like in pvp. Thanks.

I mean pvpers have to do pve just to get the pieces to upgrade. If unassembled gear pieces start dropping from the pvp weekly then it'd be OK for pvers to get components

Well I got all my slots filled with drops from crates besides 2 slots I had to buy with components.

On the way to command rank 300 you will get most likely every slot filled...so it's just about upgrading.

And even if u are missing a slot you can buy any tier 1 piece for components as well.

Components already allow you to get EVERYTHING you want. Just buy the Tier 1 Piece for components and then upgrade it. You don't have to pve at all and no pvp player is forced to pve.

It's the pve players who are forced to pvp because nightmare operations are the only pve-way to get 248s (besides some lucky crate drops which can happen to both pvp- and pve-players).

Well random unranked warzones are super easy accessible, while nightmare operations definately are not.

Moreover random unranked warzones can be brain-afked while nightmare operations actually need a lot of effort and concentration.

In the end pvp players get everything they want by simply spamming unranked warzones all day long.

Pve- players, however, are forced to pvp if they want those shiny 248s simply because pvp is super easy accessible and nightmare oparations are not.

That's the truth and at least on my server it is proven by more players doing pvp than ever before (even former pve-players now spend most of their time pvping) while master mode flashpoint queue pops never have been as bad as nowadays.

I find myself disagreeing with a lot of opinion pieces here. Here is mine.

I would be pretty close to 50% PvP 50% PvE. I think if you're brain is AFK in a warzone you are doing it wrong.

I find PvE quite relaxing whereas PvP can be quite intense. A priority system based on given scenario vs the same rotation each time. Once you know the mechanics to a HM fight you are set to progress with other like minders.

The game gives you more if you can find a way to enjoy both formats.

I would be pretty close to 50% PvP 50% PvE. I think if you're brain is AFK in a warzone you are doing it wrong.

I find PvE quite relaxing whereas PvP can be quite intense. A priority system based on given scenario vs the same rotation each time. Once you know the mechanics to a HM fight you are set to progress with other like minders.

I'd agree, once your group has mechanics down PvE (HM Ops) does become easier, however. I agree that unranked warzones are being AFK'd by many people for no effort to get unassembled components. So because of this it is in reality easier to upgrade gear by PvP, while watching TV or reading a book, or any other activity.

I personally hate PvP, but am being forced to do it again (I stopped during 2.0 since I hated the PvP mechanics, to WoW like). However I do try each match to play and win personally, and find it annoying that I have to play as BW wants me to just to upgrade my gear.

I'd argue that 1 unassembled per Operation boss, and 10 per Operation weekly should be fine for PvE content. No components for FP's or heroics. Keep it to Operations content. Even with 1 per boss, and ten per Ops weekly, PvP gets more components then PvE would per week just from weeklies/boss kills.

Edited by Toraak

Please don't tell me I have to learn to enjoy pvp. This is a video game and it's supposed to be fun right from the start. If I don't find any sort of fun in a special activity I'm not doing it over and over again, hoping it will be fun to me one day. Don't blame the players who don't enjoy pvp for doing something wrong. You like both, pvp and pve that's nice for you but there are players who don't enjoy both but suddenly find their self in a situation where they feel like they have to play parts of the game they actually don't want to play. And it's nothing wrong about liking pvp or pve only.

I'd agree, once your group has mechanics down PvE (HM Ops) does become easier, however.

There is a big difference in doing operations and especially master mode flashpoints with random pugs or with the same group again and again. Doing this with the same group regulary you will find yourself in a situation where you actually really can brain-afk any encounters once the group is used to the mechanics and to each other's playstyle.

But random pugs in master mode flashpoints can give you some of the biggest challenges you ever had.

I'm mostly healing random master mode flashpoints and depending on the group I have to be 110% concentrated.

And after healing the hell out of some pug teams and spending almost an hour in a master mode flashpoint with full concentration and effort I get nothing for it to work towards better gear.

If I would have played 3 unranked brain-afk warzones in the same time...I would have up to 24 components more on my count bringing me closer to the next gear upgrade.

Pvp gear and pve gear are no longer different. So a currency to upgrade pve = pvp gear should not be restricted to pvp only. Let master mode flashpoint endbosses drop 5 components and maybe additional 3 components for the bonus boss. Still pvp would be a faster way to gain components but players actually would have a choice again how to work on upgrading their gear.

An alternative would be:

Bring back pvp-gear and stats. That would make components worthless for pve-players and therefore no one would feel forced to play parts of the game he doesn't want to play.

There is a big difference in doing operations and especially master mode flashpoints with random pugs or with the same group again and again. Doing this with the same group regulary you will find yourself in a situation where you actually really can brain-afk any encounters once the group is used to the mechanics and to each other's playstyle.

But random pugs in master mode flashpoints can give you some of the biggest challenges you ever had.

I'm mostly healing random master mode flashpoints and depending on the group I have to be 110% concentrated.

And after healing the hell out of some pug teams and spending almost an hour in a master mode flashpoint with full concentration and effort I get nothing for it to work towards better gear.

If I would have played 3 unranked brain-afk warzones in the same time...I would have up to 24 components more on my count bringing me closer to the next gear upgrade.

Pvp gear and pve gear are no longer different. So a currency to upgrade pve = pvp gear should not be restricted to pvp only. Let master mode flashpoint endbosses drop 5 components and maybe additional 3 components for the bonus boss. Still pvp would be a faster way to gain components but players actually would have a choice again how to work on upgrading their gear.

An alternative would be:

Bring back pvp-gear and stats. That would make components worthless for pve-players and therefore no one would feel forced to play parts of the game he doesn't want to play.

Funny how you only quote part of my post, when later I said that Operation weeklies/boss kills should get 10 per weekly, and 1 per boss kill.

I also didn't quote the part of your post where you say that you don't think flashpoints are worth beeing rewarded with components, though my whole post actually is mostly about flashpoints and not about operations.

And since my post is mostly about flashpoints and the increase in difficulty caused by random pugs why do you find it funny that I didn't quote your operation statement. Why should I quote something I'm not relating to?

But anyway thanks for that imput...for the future I will always quote complete posts just to avoid such meaningful comments.

They tried to go to a "do any content and get gear" strategy. So unassembled components should probably be on a rotation, if not all content. Perhaps one week they are PVP exclusive. Next they're in flashpoints. After that operations.

At least until 248 drop from all NiM bosses and/or there is otherwise a complete PVE loot table.

I'm somebody who does ops (SM and HM only) and PvP (used to do a little solo ranked, but ranked is dead to me now for a few reasons).

I can see the intent was to try and coax people into trying other things. People who only PvP and have never really run ops have a massive incentive to go try ops. It's far quicker to get 236 gear from SM ops (and 242 from EV/KP) than it is to grind components for 236 pieces.

If you want 248, you have to be able to full clear NiM, which is of course extremely difficult and time consuming. So it is definitely easier to run warzones to upgrade from 242 - 248.

Since I play both sides, I wouldn't turn down some extra Unassembled Components from operations. But I think that's the wrong solution to the problem. BioWare should have never removed expertise. There still needs to be a separation between PvP and PvE gearing, otherwise there will almost certainly be situations in which somebody has to engage in the other in order to optimally gear for the one.

I also didn't quote the part of your post where you say that you don't think flashpoints are worth beeing rewarded with components, though my whole post actually is mostly about flashpoints and not about operations.

And since my post is mostly about flashpoints and the increase in difficulty caused by random pugs why do you find it funny that I didn't quote your operation statement. Why should I quote something I'm not relating to?

But anyway thanks for that imput...for the future I will always quote complete posts just to avoid such meaningful comments.

Then the title of your post is incorrect. It should have been instead. Unassembled Components dropping from Flashpoints.

If you didn't want other suggestions like mine for Operations, then you shouldn't have added that as part of your title. As for FP's the do not deserve them because they are even more Derp easy then SM Operations (which are snooze fests), not to mention BW did it intentionally for PvP only to get more people to do it at all. With that in mind putting them for PvE Operations like I did was a compromise compared to what BW wants, but doesn't go overboard with giving them out to content that shouldn't have them.

Also the difficult from guild groups, or pugs is meaningless to this discussion. Yes all content is harder if your pugging, however that doesn't matter for adding or not adding unassembled components to any sort of PvE content or not. I just believe it should be exclusively for Operations due to the fact 1) you can spam FP's all day, and this would defeat the purpose of getting people into PvP more, and 2) regardless of pug or guild group, FP's are 100 times more of a joke then Operations, so it should be for Ops mainly, 3) if you give each Operation weekly 10, that's 90 per week, if you do it for only the FP weeklies you'll get far less.

Edited by Toraak

Then the title of your post is incorrect. It should have been instead. Unassembled Components dropping from Flashpoints.

If you didn't want other suggestions like mine for Operations, then you shouldn't have added that as part of your title...

Are you trying to troll me? I'm not even the original thread opener so it's not my thread and not my title. I just answered to one aspect of this topic which is flashpoints.

Also the difficult from guild groups, or pugs is meaningless to this discussion. Yes all content is harder if your pugging, however that doesn't matter for adding or not adding unassembled components to any sort of PvE content or not....

This is just your OPINION, pls don't make it sound like a fact.

I just believe it should be exclusively for Operations due to the fact 1) you can spam FP's all day, and this would defeat the purpose of getting people into PvP more...

You can spam warzones all day as well, so what's your point? Getting People into pvp by forcing them however for sure is the wrong way. If someone likes to pvp he will pvp...simple as that. Actually master mode flashpoints is the content that people stoped doing even if they liked to do it cause of beeing forced to pvp and not wanting to waste their time with an activity they like though but that doesn't bring them anywhere in term of gearing.

2) regardless of pug or guild group, FP's are 100 times more of a joke then Operations, so it should be for Ops mainly

That's not true, an EV sm run is a walk in the park even with any random pug. Finishing battle of rishi, bloodhunt or depths of manaan in master mode with some random pugs on the other hand sometimes is almost impossible no matter how hard you try.

3) if you give each Operation weekly 10, that's 90 per week, if you do it for only the FP weeklies you'll get far less.

That sounds like you think I am against components for operations and only want them for flashpoints.

If so, you misunderstood me. I think both, flashpoints and operations should reward components. So there is no need to defend your "components for operations suggestion" cause I agree with you on this point.

You don't need BiS, and command crates can already get you close to it. I don't see how players are being forced rather than encouraged to PvP/GSF.

Im glad Components drop from PVP only as GSF pops are much more frequent now!

I suggested a while back that players get one Unassembled Component for every command crate they open. With the current CXP rates (with a boost active), that's about 3 UC's per Master Flashpoint and 6 for an Operation. Would also encourage alts once UC's are legacy, since T1-T2 crates arrive at a faster rate. Edited by Eli_Porter

You don't need BiS, and command crates can already get you close to it. I don't see how players are being forced rather than encouraged to PvP/GSF.

No one needs BiS but a lot of players nevertheless want it. Gear progression is an important drive for many players.

And seeing how easy it is to fill the last spots of missing gear by simply doing unranked warzones while the only alternatives are:

1: hoping for a lucky crate drop

2: doing nim operations (which stands in no relation to the easy accessible warzone grind)

you don't see how players feel forced to pvp to achieve their goal of gear progression? Well than you must be blind, ignorant or you simply don't care about others as long as you are fine. And very obviously you are not one of us players who hate pvp so I bet you are very fine with the situation as it is. Well good for you...bad for us?

The system as it is right now scares away every player that doesn't like pvp but wants to progress gearwise in a timely manner (no matter if BiS gear is needed or not). And I already understood that this is not your problem because you are happy with things as they are but please understand that not every player is like you. I'm not like you and I always hated pvp! And I bet you don't want to or simply can't understand that I still want to progress gearwise...I want it so much that I'm even spending most of my online time in warzones (as someone who hates pvp).

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

No one needs BiS but a lot of players nevertheless want it. Gear progression is an important drive for many players.

And seeing how easy it is to fill the last spots of missing gear by simply doing unranked warzones while the only alternatives are:

1: hoping for a lucky crate drop

2: doing nim operations (which stands in no relation to the easy accessible warzone grind)

First of all, you're overstating how easy it is to get BIS through PvP. It takes about a week of casual (just doing dailies) PvP to upgrade a piece of 242 gear.

Secondly, you forget the new Iokath bosses. BW wants people to run those, and you can already do Tyth with a decent group for 248 relics. With more bosses coming, the other slots will be more accessible as well.

I'm not firmly against giving UC's for other content, as I've stated in my other post. But I want PvP, GSF and the new Iokath bosses to remain popular instead of fading into the background as people start farming hammer station instead.

Edited by Eli_Porter

First of all, you're overstating how easy it is to get BIS thorough PvP. It takes about a week of PvP to upgrade a piece of 242 gear.

Secondly, you forget the new Iokath bosses. BW wants people to run those, and you can already do Tyth with a decent group for 248 relics. With more bosses coming, the other slots will be more accessible as well.

I'm not firmly against giving UC's for other content, as I've stated in my other post. But I want PvP, GSF and the new Iokath bosses to remain popular instead of going into the background as people start farming hammer station instead.

I know how easy it is to get BiS throughout pvp. I have a sorc and a sage sharing legacy gear. That's 2 weeklies and 7 dailies per week for one legacy set. That easily doubles the amount of gear I get throughout pvp. In fact most of my 248s are from pvp, the little rest is from crates and I have no 248 gear piece obtained from operations.

So you want PvP, GSF and the new Iokath bosses to remain popular? And you are willing to sacrafice master mode flashpoints for this purpose? Because in fact master mode flashpoints have become more unpopular than ever before. So for you it's not about "play the content you like and get rewarded"? For you it's "play the content that Eli wants to be popular and get rewarded"? Sounds legit.

I know how easy it is to get BiS throughout pvp. I have a sorc and a sage sharing legacy gear. That's 2 weeklies and 7 dailies per week for one legacy set. That easily doubles the amount of gear I get throughout pvp. In fact most of my 248s are from pvp, the little rest is from crates and I have no 248 gear piece obtained from operations.

And what do you find easier with your sorc? I do a lot of both PvP and Master FP's myself, and I personally find PvP a lot more mentally engaging than most Master Flashpoints (blood hunt is an obvious exception).

So you want PvP, GSF and the new Iokath bosses to remain popular? And you are willing to sacrafice master mode flashpoints for this purpose? Because in fact master mode flashpoints have become more unpopular than ever before. So for you it's not about "play the content you like and get rewarded"? For you it's "play the content that Eli wants to be popular and get rewarded"? Sounds legit.

I haven't had issues with Master FP queues in peak hours or running some with my guildies in off-peak, and this is in a low-pop server. The weekly reward makes it well worth it to run at least a few per week. More so if you have alts you wanna reach 300 with.