Endgame content boredom

JDesmond

Having reached level 50 and done with my class story arc, I feel there's isn't much for me left to do. Nothing with story anyway. Of course there are things like ops, hard mode flashpoints, not to mention pvp, but things seem sort of empty to me.

Completed the affection-related conversations with my preferred companion, but I felt there was no climax in that story... So frankly I'm at a loss. Maybe I should have chosen a roleplaying server instead, just to keep my imagination going with regard to my character. I don't know. So I haven't been playing the game much as of late, simply out of doubt on what to spend time on.

Anyone else who feels the same way?

Regardless, what do you think could be done to improve end-game content?

PS. Please don't post any "Then quit" comments, If I wanted to quit, I'd have done it already.

There needs to be some simple "open" content also... would like to see a Bounty board for some mini quests, but that would require some dynamic quest creation tools.

But really in the end it would all get repetitive... real enjoyment comes from the storyline, and well it cant last forever, and creating new story arc's take a lot of time.

I guess if they can mash up Flashpoint missions in a month they could create "generic" non class specific story arc's

Content patch this month.

They stated openly at some point last week that the vast majority was still sub 30. I am not sure what you expect this early in the launch?

Ah, you're right... I guess all I really ever wanted with the game was to experience the story... Hmm.

This is what happens when you max out a game 2 weeks after launch.

MMOs always have poor endgame content at launch. I can't remember an MMO that didn't.

Anyone who had to rush through the game to get 50 asap have no one to blame but themselves for suddenly having nothing to do.

Content patch this month.

They stated openly at some point last week that the vast majority was still sub 30. I am not sure what you expect this early in the launch?

Well, I wonder if the majority is sub 30 because they quit or not. So far, out of the dozen or so who came to try SWTOR from my 150 man Rift guild, 2 have logged on in the past week and the rest seemingly quit at 30. I know they're still around because I play Rift with them every night. They just don't find SWTOR very engaging and stale.

That's because the game goes downhill at 30. Act I is good.... Act II and onward... not so much.

Edited by Laeris

roll an alt, and choose a different side of the force. It's really a new game then.

If you think of it, you could play through 4 times(2 per faction 2 per light/dark) and it can still feel fresh.

Except you go to exactly the same order of planets with the same "Kill 30 droid" quests. The only difference is the class quests.

roll an alt, and choose a different side of the force. It's really a new game then.

If you think of it, you could play through 4 times(2 per faction 2 per light/dark) and it can still feel fresh.

Correction: The only thing fresh is the storyline quests. You still have to slog through the same filler content (which is like 70% of the content) on each playthrough.

MMOs always have poor endgame content at launch. I can't remember an MMO that didn't.

Anyone who had to rush through the game to get 50 asap have no one to blame but themselves for suddenly having nothing to do.

I'm with this guy on that problem. The hardcore I gotta hit 50 no matter what and yes I know the game has been out for a few weeks. Remember weeks is the keyword you obviously didn't explore all the planets completely through, you didn't find all the Data croms. You didn't hit every single mark in the codex. Did you max out crafting professions?? did you get yourself a nice set of pvp gear? There is so much to do but you just concentrated on blowing through it all to get to 50. Just like you, there are other 50s like anyone wanna do something and I'm just like dam sucks to be that guy I'm loving the game and my highest is a lvl 31. So sorry that it didn't work out for you on the end game content but not quite sure what MMO on Launch will have a years worth of end game content. You could try Age of Conan where the best part of the game was end game content hahaha. So good luck and try doing what someone else mentioned roll a alt and have fun try some new professions and try their story and companions out.

Having reached level 50 and done with my class story arc, I feel there's isn't much for me left to do. Nothing with story anyway. Of course there are things like ops, hard mode flashpoints, not to mention pvp, but things seem sort of empty to me.

Completed the affection-related conversations with my preferred companion, but I felt there was no climax in that story... So frankly I'm at a loss. Maybe I should have chosen a roleplaying server instead, just to keep my imagination going with regard to my character. I don't know. So I haven't been playing the game much as of late, simply out of doubt on what to spend time on.

Anyone else who feels the same way?

Regardless, what do you think could be done to improve end-game content?

PS. Please don't post any "Then quit" comments, If I wanted to quit, I'd have done it already.

I hope they work on more PvP options. At least for me, being able to fight other players in various ways is always refreshing.

Other things are role playing activities. Personalizing my ship/house. Collecting rare objects...etc.

Would you guys stop with that already? HOW FREAKIN SLOW DO WE HAVE TO GO!?!?

I swear to god, YEARS from now people will be saying "Not are fault you didn't take 5 years to get to 50"

Edited by Blackwater

From the handful from MMO's I've seen, end game is thinnest at launch. Which makes sense, given the leveling arc. After release, very little resources generally go back into the leveling areas (which also makes sense, as the populace is on average at max level later), and more resources are allocated to end-game content. Pretty standard, so I'd say, if you do like the game, just be a bit patient. You are ahead of the curve, and most focus will begin to fall on end game.

Keep in mind... with prelaunch, 3 weeks at 4 hours per day comes to around 84 hours of playtime. 4 hours per day might seem like a lot to some people, but hardcores often go 10-12-14 hours per day.

BW said it would take what, 150 hours of content to make 50? Something like that? Well, I call BS because I'm 40 at under 25 hours played on my BH and I've done every quest that wasn't grey. Sorry, I don't do no-XP/outleveled reward quests. Waste of time (I'm lookin' at you Balmora!). I will bet my house that it wont take me 125 hours to make 10 more levels.

That puts me at about 2 weeks to 50. Hardcores who started 3 weeks ago already have 2 L50s.

Now, if you only play 1 hour a day or average 7 hours per week... if you stick to one toon you'll be 50 in under a month and a half. That is, unless you're a completionist and absolutely have to do every single grey quest in the game... Then it might take you a whole 2 months.

Edited by Laeris

im a teacher and i see this kinda thing happen irl all the time.

kids get this great idea and they demand it they want it. its the best thing since sliced bread. they get all excited. they talk all about it.

then they actually get what they want and its funny to see them get all excited and then very quickly get these kinda stunned looks on their faces. this awkwardness sets in. they're already bored. or this isnt turning out like they thought it was. maybe this wasnt the best thing since sliced bread.

children are like this too. ever see them get stuff for christmas? for months all they talk and fantasize about is this new whosmadig toy thingy that is totally awesome. they get in christmas and within hours theyre bored.

ha ive seen kids have more fun with the boxes than with the toys!

im not sure of a lot of things going on. i dont have access to all the data. but my guess is that bw did a lot of research and discovered that a significant number of ppl would be happy to come home from work and play through a few quests. theyd be happy with a "good" story. or at least a story they don't have to read. they'd be happy with a more social kotr.

so bw made such a game and we have it now and their plan has worked. worked very well financially. most ppl are happy. most are still in their 30s. in a few months they'll get to 50 and then because they like just playing through story lines, they'll reroll.

this is what im guessin bw is betting on.

as for the op and many others, youre a minority. yes they will put resources to keep you but theyre tryign to get the most bang for their buck here. they're going to try to please the most ppl they can first and foremost.

im not that big on story. theyre really not that good of stories. im more in it for the combat and the teamwork and the social aspect. im feeling like this isnt the game for me.

to the op and others it seems youre in as similar situation. done with storying? done with questing? want more teamwork? more pvp? like i said bw will focus more on such as they see a significant number of players wanting such. if they see they can get a lot of bang for their buck from focusing on such. until then their focus has been on their story.

What are you talking about, WoW obviously had a ton of endgame raids, BGs, and dungeons at launch! /sarcasm

TOR must live up to all of the invisible endgame content WoW launched with!

I have quit following games in development. Sure I knew about this game, but only in title.

I avoid the forums before the game is released because of crazy speculation from dreamy eyes fan boys.

i bought this game with no expectations, and no idea about how this game would be, and now im not disappointed.

I can sit back and enjoy the game, without any foreknowledge. This forces me to take my time, and learn while I play the game.

im sure a lot of powergamers have been on the forums, waiting for there beta invites, playing thru the preorder early starts, and what not, and by now this game has lost its luster.