Force Leap/push changes

GnatB

Here's a better idea. Change Force push into Force pull. Guardians are Melee (and probably tanks) we *want* the mob in our face.

Now, maybe push has some use in PvP... but I don't really care. It usually causes more problems than not in PvE. About the only good use I can think of is to run over to one ranged mob and *try* to force push him over to another to make AoE's more effective... and then Force Pull would be a better option in the first place.

Here's a better idea. Change Force push into Force pull. Guardians are Melee (and probably tanks) we *want* the mob in our face.

Now, maybe push has some use in PvP... but I don't really care. It usually causes more problems than not in PvE. About the only good use I can think of is to run over to one ranged mob and *try* to force push him over to another to make AoE's more effective... and then Force Pull would be a better option in the first place.

The way it works is that you get some good tools to play, and some that aren't as effective. Other people get other good tools, and they don't get yours. It's kind of absurd to want all of the best abilities.

So you get force leap, shadows don't. Shadows get force pull (if they talent for it in kinetic), you don't.

You've got your gap closer; it's kind of unreasonable to expect them to give you another class' gap closer as well.

Edited by ferroz

The way it works is that you get some good tools to play, and some that aren't as effective. Other people get other good tools, and they don't get yours. It's kind of absurd to want all of the best abilities.

So you get force leap, shadows don't. Shadows get force pull (if they talent for it in kinetic), you don't.

You've got your gap closer; it's kind of unreasonable to expect them to give you another class' gap closer as well.

Thats just luaghable Its the worste gap closer ever and oh yes this makes sence let me push you away so i can charge your but. wrong its 10 yards does nothing to fix the proble and most classes do have the same ablities over and over just refired and name changed.

Force push turning it to pull would rock if you dont like it I dont care :D

Well, it's a bit unintuitive, (and from a "logic" point of view, pull just makes more sense than push for the class, and presumably are similarly difficult)

But this can totally be made to work PvE.

Force leap to one ranged straggler, force push him over to the other ranged straggler, then force leap over there too.

Same eventual outcome as swapping for force pull, Only difficulty is pushing is a lot less... accurate... than pulling, but it should have more or less the same effect. Grouping ranged guys together.

and with the right specs, the leaps give you some free stuns, focus, blade storms and possibly other good stuff.

Of course, for PvP kiting avoidance, which is what I understand is the real reason for the "fix", it seems like this doesn't do anything. Force leap in, guy pushes you back. Force push to reset timer... whoops, out of range.