1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

fendergibson

Just wanted to inform bioware that tons of the members of several pvp guilds on my server are quitting after the news that rated warzones will be the new valor grind, except any requirements at all. One large pvp guild also disbanded yesterday.

Now I wonder, who's idea was it that "rated" pvp, would not mean squat? All they are doing now is seperating normal warzones from rated warzones, even if they will basically be exactly the same, just that rated will give better free gear.

I will cancel sub and prolly play my month out like 80% of my pvp guild already have, but pvp just gets boring when there is nothing worth "working" for by playing organized.

High warzone rating = no rewards worth mentioning, A LOT more effort.

Low warzone rating = the same rewards as high rating, a lot LESS effort.

Endgame pvp gear worth working for = None.

Chance of getting bored from lack of worthwile "goals" pvp wise: High.

You failed with Ilum, and now you fail with this. Both had good potential.

Clickers and backpeddalers that run around playing rambo in pvp with no tactics in their head should NOT be awarded 100% as much as those who put more effort in it and play organized.

Just like hardmodes gives better rewards than story mode in pve.

Edited by fendergibson

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yhea, bunch of people who quit simple because of "rumor" without actually seeing for themselves are not kind of players any company want to cater to.

They would have quit eventually for some other perceived injustice and it is silly to even pay attention to them.

Yhea, bunch of people who quit simple because of "rumor" without actually seeing for themselves are not kind of players any company want to cater to.

They would have quit eventually for some other perceived injustice and it is silly to even pay attention to them.

^^^^^^^^

So... PvP = Roflstomp fresh 50ers?

Arnt there any PvPers who enjoy the thought of fighting against people of their OWN skill and equipment, cause they like PvP, and not only login if Bioware lures with epixxx rewards?

@OP: Bye.

^^

One less vocal minority, a dozen less ranting hate threads created each day.

It's all good if they quit.

Good thing pvpers are the minority and nobody cares. :D

To be fair, I would say players who quit in huff just because they heard from someone who heard from someone who told them something they didn't like has to be small minority.

I dunno. maybe all PvPers act like that, but I would argue that they do not and OP and their ilks are indeed minority and nobody cares about those.

Just wanted to inform bioware that tons of the members of several pvp guilds on my server are quitting after the news that rated warzones will be the new valor grind, except any requirements at all. One large pvp guild also disbanded yesterday.

Now I wonder, who's idea was it that "rated" pvp, would not mean squat? All they are doing now is seperating normal warzones from rated warzones, even if they will basically be exactly the same, just that rated will give better free gear.

I will cancel sub and prolly play my month out like 80% of my pvp guild already have, but pvp just gets boring when there is nothing worth "working" for by playing organized.

High warzone rating = no rewards worth mentioning, A LOT more effort.

Low warzone rating = the same rewards as high rating, a lot LESS effort.

Endgame pvp gear worth working for = None.

Chance of getting bored from lack of worthwile "goals" pvp wise: High.

You failed with Ilum, and now you fail with this. Both had good potential.

Clickers and backpeddalers that run around playing rambo in pvp with no tactics in their head should NOT be awarded 100% as much as those who put more effort in it and play organized.

Just like hardmodes gives better rewards than story mode in pve.

Hey smart guy.

The reward is GETTING BETTER RATINGS. Progressing your personal RATING, or TEAM RATING, with your teammates fighting EQUALLY SKILLED opponents is the reward. Is the progression. Were you honestly counting on fighting premades of undergeared people because you are valor 70 or 80 and would have access to tiers of pvp gear above everyone else thus giving you an advantage you require to beat opponents?

What you are crying about is not being able to just grind warzones endlessly so you get to a valor rank higher than fresh 50's. Thus making you unable to kill people.

If you were ACTUALLY good at this game, then you wouldn't care. You would be thinking "Man, I can't wait to get on my ranked warzone team, show off my skills and get high ratings by being better than my opponents." Not: "I'm quitting because everyone can get the same gear as me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Ranked Warzones are not about the gear. It's about the competition. Good players know this.

The rating won't even mean much until they implement full premade queues, as it is on release the "pre-season" will have to rely on 4 randoms for wins which is a bit backwards. Even if it were 2 premades together it's a still a random element so your team rating isn't really accurate. Edited by Manigma

The old wow vice where everyone plays for *********** shiny items instead of *********** playing the game... It's what killed warhammer, well that and their inability to merge servers until very very late.

PVP'ers are definitely not the minority, have you guys ever queued lol? Problem is the bad ones.

Edited by Lightmaguz

Hold on.

If everyone else is so bad then those with high ratings will be gaining more epeen because everyone will know they beat all those other players with equal gear.

So what are you worried about?...

I'd also like to report some news since we don't need any facts to support it.

1.) Ciggaretts are good for you.

2.) The earth is in fact flat like we initially assumed.

3.) Unicorn related deaths rose 213% in the month of February.

4.) Reptile people are in control of the Isrealy government.

5.) Bigfoot is real. He is going to be on the View in April.

6.) I have a 13 inch *****.

7.) Mars not only has life, it has women with three *******.

8.) The tsunami in japan was in fact Godzilla.

9.) Star wars the mmo is doomed.

10.) JFK was assassinated by the Grape Ape.

11.) Battle Los Angeles was a documentary.

12.) WWII was staged to remove a peaceful humanitarian from power in Germany.

13.) God is not only real, he is a woman, and she loves people who read her book and hang out at her house one day a week.

14.) The moon landing was fake. We can't go to the moon. It is already inhabited by giant robots.

15.) Megan Fox is a man.

16.) Dinosaur bones are merely a test of faith, they never lived.

17.) Guild Wars 2 is the best mmo ever.

18.) Titan is the best mmo ever.

19.) Secret World is the best mmo ever.

20.) All pvp guilds are quitting because one cry baby on the forums says so.

More made up **** masqurading as facts at 11.

I think the rankings themselves will drive away pvp players because most of them have egos that can't withstand everyone seeing they are not the best.

I have killed tons of BM players with both my lvl 50's when I only had centurion gear.

And the difference between champion and BM is close to nothing. A champion geared guy who say "omg you are BM, not fair" when the BM player owns him, just needs to learn how to play.

Sadly many clueless people think BM is superior :/

lol pvp a minority ? yeah right

Yes, it is. Sorry to shatter the little world you live in.

There are hundreds of servers, count them up, most are not pvp. Monitoring the populations across them, the pvp servers are generally lower compared to the pve and rp servers. Pvp is a minority, and a dying one at that.

Also, just because the 'majority' of a few thousand forum ranters are dedicated pvp players, does not mean the million+ other players are also dedicated pvp. There is a lot to do in the game outside the mini-game that is warzones. Bioware themselves even said that only nearly half even tried playing warzones. Of that nearly half, I'm pretty sure not all of them are dedicated to pvp players. Regardless, nearly half != majority.

Lastly, its only the hard core pvp players that seem to care enough to make such a ruckus on the forums. Imagine what would happen it all the roleplayers, all the pve players, and casual players came to the forums to give their side? Well, needless to say, the servers would die from the load. It can barely keep up with the ranting nonsense of pvp players.

Of course, none of this will sink in and I do not know why I am bothering. The delusional never listen to logic and reason.

:rolleyes: