RIP pvp

WickedImage

Well, not that we ever had super awesome and balanced pvp....but still. These new changes are horrible and will likely kill pvp for me. So, sadly, I think when 4.0 drops I will be playing another game. I've read enough to believe it's time to move on and I have begun the process of looking for a new game.

Any game suggestions for me to look into are welcomed. :(

Currently waiting on Star Citizen and have bought into game....over a year ago now? Don't think it will be ready by the time 4.0 drops though. I suppose I could go play Planetside 2 again for a bit....?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, not that we ever had super awesome and balanced pvp....but still. These new changes are horrible and will likely kill pvp for me. So, sadly, I think when 4.0 drops I will be playing another game. I've read enough to believe it's time to move on and I have begun the process of looking for a new game.

Any game suggestions for me to look into are welcomed. :(

Currently waiting on Star Citizen and have bought into game....over a year ago now? Don't think it will be ready by the time 4.0 drops though. I suppose I could go play Planetside 2 again for a bit....?

Yeah lol, u named all garbage games except for SC which never eill comes out until chris stop to treat us like a bank.

Besides, do not be so tragic, whats 4.0 will bring ? sorcs - sins - pt's buffs, so what ? since 3.0 comes out every wz is the same copy iof the previous one, sage sage sage, shadows vanguards, repeat for 11 months. 4.0 will bring new single player content for no reasons, no new ops, no new maps and i feel an idiot to say that and beeing a sub, but still. What im trying to say is, nothing new balance wide is coming for 4.0, trinity will continue to rules and ppl will continue to whine.

My sentiments exactly. Every single mmo that I have ever played had the worst PvP ever, the worst regs, the worst ranked, the worst maps. And in every last one of them *gasp* PvP died!

I grow weary of people playing this song everywhere I go.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
rude quote removed

looking for other game suggestions mostly, k *******? Thanks for all your...energy? :rolleyes:

Pvp is not dead for everyone, Im sure. it will always have wanks like yourself to play it. Enjoy.

Starcraft 2 in Nov if you enjoy competitive RTS, Battlefront soon after if you enjoy FPS. A fair few new games coming out over the next few months, and probably a few you've missed while playing this game.

Starcraft 2 in Nov if you enjoy competitive RTS, Battlefront soon after if you enjoy FPS. A fair few new games coming out over the next few months, and probably a few you've missed while playing this game.

In other words, aint **** out there bruv! Strap on, and ride the gravy train of MMOs and PVP called SWTOR! YEEE-HAAAA!!!!!

GW2 is the one I'm looking at lately. And there's also Wow of course, which is basically the same as this but better in most respects. If you've invested any time/money in this, tho, I would stick around until you've at least tried 4.0 - it looks like the story will be fun for a few hours if nothing else. Edited by Savej

Go play some of the other mmo games with similar pvp and I think you'll find that swtor is up there with the best of them

It's not perfect but none of them are.

Anyone crying over pvp balence etc go do 1v1 arena in archeage it Will give you a new appreciation for swtor pvp.

I'm also looking for a "new" MMO pvp experience... RTS is mostly boring for me and I'm not a fan of FPS, although I'll try battlefront just because it's Star Wars...

I've done the wow thing already. I played from launch, until Pandas... I had a nice healthy addiction going... But I can't go back... I've tried... It's just not the same...

I've said this in a few other threads... My pvp guild died in the last 4 weeks... Over 40 people left the game for various reasons... from packet loss /lag issues, which I think is more game breaking than anything, even for pve people... To the changes coming in 4.0...

I've been a loyal Swtor player since launch... But I'm also ready to jump ship... For me it's the network issues and the bleeding out of the pvp population at the moment. I've seen the bleed before, but this seems more extreme this time...

So can anyone provide some MMO suggestions (besides wow) that have a good pvp option??

Thankfully, Star Citizen isn't something I was counting on. I threw down the minimum I could, to get access.:D Wasn't all that impressed with game tbh. Tried messing with it a few times over the last year but it hasn't seemed to grab me yet? So if it fails it fails, no harm done here. I also tried elite dangerous and found it to be...not fun for very long? :o

I played GW2, Secret World, for about 3 months and found myself somewhat bored with the PvE and never really gave their PvP much of a chance because of that. Just never grabbed me. Decent games, just not ones I can play for very long.

It concerns me that I may have to strap in for a longer ride than anticipated though. Not much on the horizon after doing a few searches. Battlefront will certainly pull me away once it arrives though. Hoping it's worthy of playing for more than a month or two. I do enjoy FPS and may end up going back to play Planetside2 for a bit.

I've taken several "breaks" from this game already only to find myself wanting to play again after having played some of the above mentioned games for short stints. :(

Then I drag my sorry carcass back here....pay my fee at the door....log in....and saber, shoot, and shock stuff until I get irritated by some new changes they shove out the door that increases an already wide gap among class balance.

Like now.

So I log here and find out what others are playing before I go. :D

Easy fix for those of you who do not enjoy threads like this....?

Stop reading them and stop posting in them. Go about your day as if they don't even exist. That way, they won't bother you anymore? :p

Thanks for some of the game suggestions....even you Mr. Strap in for a longer ride! :p

Well, let me start by saying... I hate WoW... Period... Hate it...

But i do play on my friends account every now and then for pvp. I like the dedicated pvp server thing. Its a great idea- and pretty fun. Gear doesnt matter because everyone is assigned gear (this cannot be changed)! There is no gear grind, and the only thing you can do is warzone and arena on this server. There literally is nothing else. You cant raid, no farming, no raiding- strictly pvp battlegrounds and arena. Thats cool! All skill! I think all you can do is choose your talents!

Its a blast... Since hes the one paying the subscription! Anyway... Im a star wars fan so i am praying that bioware fixes their game- because i want to keep giving them money... I really do- but i am at my wits end atm, and ready to jump ship!

Anyway. I dont know much about other pvp mmos. But i did have fun playing ffxiv. But the last time i played, there was only 4v4 arena. And that was extremelly heavy on gear. During that time, my paladin was carried by gear- so i have no idea exactly how much skill was involved.

GW2 took out healing essentially (considering I like to heal, thats a major setback) and half your skills come from your weapon, making customization and skill builds a nightmare. GW1 was great and I was really looking forward to GW2, but they dun ****ed it up. especially what with the mass hordes that just run around killing everything in their path.

looking for other game suggestions mostly, k *******? Thanks for all your...energy? :rolleyes:

Pvp is not dead for everyone, Im sure. it will always have wanks like yourself to play it. Enjoy.

Me and my wife are waiting for Camelot Unchained for our PvP fix. The creator of Age of Camelot's RvR is making an RvR-only game with 3 factions based on the game's lore. The game's structures (towns, homes, shops, etc.) will all be player-made. The current release date is 6 months after Christmas, I think.

Only other game I could find is Crowfall, but I don't have much hope for it. I'm not a big fan of the Unity engine, or buy-to-play games. I'm a firm believer in monthly sub and no cash-shop.

both those games are trash

Me and my wife are waiting for Camelot Unchained for our PvP fix. The creator of Age of Camelot's RvR is making an RvR-only game with 3 factions based on the game's lore. The game's structures (towns, homes, shops, etc.) will all be player-made. The current release date is 6 months after Christmas, I think.

Only other game I could find is Crowfall, but I don't have much hope for it. I'm not a big fan of the Unity engine, or buy-to-play games. I'm a firm believer in monthly sub and no cash-shop.

Thanks for mentioning this Camelot game I never heard of it. I was keeping my eyes on EQ3 or EQNext. I am an OG from Everquest so I would love it if they managed to construct something fun. Hype is never a way to judge any of the MMOs as all of us know from so many failed projects in the last 10 years! I just hope something fun comes out soon. It's amazing that with the technology we have today, a great MMO can't be put together.

Thanks for some of the game suggestions....even you Mr. Strap in for a longer ride! :p

Honestly I have looked too, and nothing is out there, nothing that I find long term enjoyment in. I went back to try WOW, AGAIN (third time!), and I find the community too spread out. There's no connection to people on that game for me. Also, the PVP is stupid imbalanced, with heirlooms, enchantments, etc. For a new player who likes to learn PVP and PVE in the low lvls, WOW is broken.

I also tried Rift for about 3 weeks, and it just lacks a soul, for me, similar to WOW. I just can't get into Rift! Tried 2 times now since it's been out...

What it boils down to is, SWTOR has a soul, the community is connected (you won't find queues with people you will never see again, ever due to cross-server queues involving literally millions of people), the classes on SWTOR are fairly unique (some better than others). The graphics are realistic and very nice on SWTOR (I hate Rift's graphics especially the character's movements.)

The problem with SWTOR PVP for me is it relies too heavily on CC immunities and speed bursts, which is exaggerated particularly in 60s. It's just way, way, way too much. This facet of the PVP now overshadows and takes precedent over the original structure and framework that was built on the different classes abilities in PVP!

I just think it's not the best direction for the devs to go in trying to create a competitive PVP environment. I think it's a simple concept, but very hard to implement without creating huge imbalances along with pure frustration of the players chasing everyone around trying to kill them.

I mean, come on! The idea in PVP is ultimately to kill the enemies, not have to chase them relentlessly all over the effing maps! It's not just one class you will find hard to kill due to escapes etc., it's multiple different classes! Too much hide and seek IMO.

What's changing? Snipers/slingers still have no worthwhile defensive CD. Neither do Mercs/Mandos. Juggs/Guard still have their ridiculous Lay On Hands ability. Guarded heals are still OP. Maras/sents still crying that opponents aren't tethered. Stealth still has the best burst So what is different in 4.0? It's the same stuff that's been for going on for couple years in this game , just flavored a little differently. Edited by MotorCityMan

Thanks! Bye now....

....Anyways

Motorcity, It's true, things haven't changed much, balance wise, in a couple years. Also part of the problem tbh.

But, for me, it appears they will be widening an already wide gap, further empowering already op classes, further diminishing the value/worth of the others. Turning some of the classes or respective disciplines into experiences that are...less than fun. :o

These changes, presently, make zero sense from a PvP standpoint and only breed frustration in the pvp community. Unless there is some sort of grand unveiling of new game mechanics, new maps, or both for pvp....and these new additions require these changes in order to work....then there is no way pvp gets anything except worse.

If I have been driving a 7 series BMW and paying $500 a month to drive it, I certainly cannot be talked into a 3 series BMW for the same $500 per month.....not easily anyways. ;):p

Camelot sounds interesting...good mention. EQ was also one I was waiting on and forgot about!:eek: Nice.

Such a positive outlook on life. I actually enjoy Starcraft 2, and having the third instalment is something I'm looking forward to, more so than KotFE. Equally I enjoy the games DICE produces, because they actually work hard at what they do and they do end up with a polished result. If both of those don't take your fancy, that's fine, I'm good with that. Doesn't make them trash though, just not to your liking.

GW2 took out healing essentially (considering I like to heal, thats a major setback) and half your skills come from your weapon, making customization and skill builds a nightmare. GW1 was great and I was really looking forward to GW2, but they dun ****ed it up. especially what with the mass hordes that just run around killing everything in their path.

No, they didnt take it out, the game isnt based on trinity specs. Many classes make good healers they are just not dedicated to it. Same is true to tanks. Its all based on skills and traits you put on the character.

GW2 is the one I'm looking at lately. And there's also Wow of course, which is basically the same as this but better in most respects. If you've invested any time/money in this, tho, I would stick around until you've at least tried 4.0 - it looks like the story will be fun for a few hours if nothing else.

tbh I think GW2's system design is the future of MMOs. They've managed to solve many of the issues of solo play vs group play that plague the WoW-clone model. They also managed to introduce a fully horizontal progression/ability system while still giving the player a vertical progression experience.

The only major issue with GW2 is a exceeding brutal PvP learning curve.

tbh I think GW2's system design is the future of MMOs. They've managed to solve many of the issues of solo play vs group play that plague the WoW-clone model. They also managed to introduce a fully horizontal progression/ability system while still giving the player a vertical progression experience.

The only major issue with GW2 is a exceeding brutal PvP learning curve.

So I jumped onto the GW2 website to see what it was about... Got excited... But then decided to jump on the pvp forum to see what I could expect... LOL... It's just like the Swtor forum... Nearly exactly the same topics, issues and problems... From bad balancing issues, slow pops, nerfs, no reason to pvp, population drops, etc etc etc... All the same old same old...

Completely put off by it now...

Yes I haven't even tried it yet, so maybe it's better than swtor... But I'm not sure I can go through all this again...

Price to buy the game's pretty high too... But then I can't see anywhere on the website to say if it's subscription after you buy it or how much... So if I didn't have to pay a subscription I could see myself paying a one off amount for the game... But I think it is wishful thinking on my part... There's got be a sub price in there somewhere... I just couldnt find it...

So I jumped onto the GW2 website to see what it was about... Got excited... But then decided to jump on the pvp forum to see what I could expect... LOL... It's just like the Swtor forum... Nearly exactly the same topics, issues and problems... From bad balancing issues, slow pops, nerfs, no reason to pvp, population drops, etc etc etc... All the same old same old...

Completely put off by it now...

Yes I haven't even tried it yet, so maybe it's better than swtor... But I'm not sure I can go through all this again...

Price to buy the game's pretty high too... But then I can't see anywhere on the website to say if it's subscription after you buy it or how much... So if I didn't have to pay a subscription I could see myself paying a one off amount for the game... But I think it is wishful thinking on my part... There's got be a sub price in there somewhere... I just couldnt find it...

It's f2p and b2p (buy to play) buy it once and play without any monthly sub and 0 content restrictions. Or you can f2p with restrictions.

It's f2p and b2p (buy to play) buy it once and play without any monthly sub and 0 content restrictions. Or you can f2p with restrictions.

Oh... That's good... I never thought I'd get to play another game that is b2p on PC ... I'll download f2p to see what it's like... Thanks for the info