Best Class Story?

rreevvannttann

In my opinion I pick Jedi Knight because He or she kill the emperor 3 times. Second best class in my opinion is the sith Inquisitor because of all the cool powers like lightning. Worst in my opinion (no one criticize me it is my opinion) is the Jedi consular because it is boring. Edited by Omarhsa

• 1 year later...
On the whole, I tend to rate the stories:

Inquisitor > Warrior > Consular > Agent > Smuggler > Hunter > Knight > Trooper

The first three are what I'd really call top tier. It's hard to pick which of the Sith stories I like better when they're both at their best. I tend towards Inquisitor simply because I love how it's the most self-motivated (it's the only story where you don't really have someone holocalling you between each planet and telling you where to go); I also dig the rise to power story, and it feels the most "open"...Warrior, if you make too many Light Sided choices, dialogue from other characters and such starts to kind of "railroad" your character motivations, so even though the story itself is really solid, I feel like it's a bit weaker unless it's played the "right" way (of course, I still like my Warrior as a slightly cerebral sort, so he's not above making Light choices when the situation calls for it). Consular is really underrated to me, but has some similar flaws to the Warrior, where if you don't play mostly Light, particularly in the early parts of the story, a lot of the internal logic falls apart. Such a shame since the prologue was all about learning the true history of Dark Jedi. Still, if done "right" here, it's easily my favorite story Republic-side.

Bringing in the second tier, Agent is quite solid, with a lot of twists and an interesting supporting cast and world view. It does really drag at times, though, and the characters you actually get as companions tend to be bland, annoying, or underused in the plot as a whole. It also doesn't get to be its best unless you save it for last, and get to see how it ties a lot of the other stories together. Smuggler and Hunter are both high quality as well, even if they don't stand out as well. Smuggler's funny and exciting, though certain late-story elements make the whole thing a little bit of a letdown. Hunter's freaking ******, and probably the best they could do to make a character feel "freelance" while also providing an ongoing story, though some of the excuses for why you're doing what you're doing are a little flimsy.

Knight and Trooper I find the worst. Knight is definitely the better of the two. It's got a few great moments, although some of those are also morality-based, but I find the story somewhat bland (some people find it "classic Star Wars", I feel less like it's "classic" and more like it's "played-out"), and it has a severe problem with telling rather than showing. You're the chosen one because you are and Orgus is your master even though he never teaches you and Kira's your Padawan even though you never teach her. The thing that happens at the end of Chapter 2 which I won't spoil is supposedly terrible and the guilt eats away at you and stuff but it all happens off camera. Trooper, finally, just has some real problems with cohesiveness and drama. The story sets itself up in a great way, but never follows through, it shifts around somewhat aimlessly, and the writing is entirely too enamored with "this-or-that" choices even when they don't make sense...it's kind of...desensitizing, especially by the time you get to some of what should be the really hard choices near the end, it's just, like, oh, another one.

I'm with this guy

As many players as many answers :D I like Sith Warrior story (because I can start the game as the most hated guy in the galaxy and end up as a galaxy hero who even Jedi had to give "good work") and don't like Jedi Knight story because is the most boring, typical story of a typical good Jedi, If you play as a dark side Jedi, the story doesn't make sense and our hero seems to be an idiot, if you do the same as a sith (play as light side sith), story may seem naive at first, but if you start being good in the middle of a story you can create something really interesting. Playing all the time as a bad sith later also makes everyone around appear to be idiots, blindly following some puffed up guy :)

• 2 weeks later...
I would try them all out bc Its really all Based on you really, some Story Choices are Dif for People, If you know you like SIth then Pick What you think Matches with you Same Goes for Jedi.

I believe that OP's question was more directed to choosing which one to play next. And of course you should pick what you think matches with you. Er, with your character. If you picture *this* character as a goggly-eyed loon of the "beyond merely Chaotic Evil" type, then you choose things that match that, even if *you*, the player, would not do such things.

• 1 month later...

I prefer Consular to Knight on most levels, though really it's probably more about the character than the story.

The Knight story is perfectly ok, albeit undemanding and obvious.

Perhaps the worst aspect of the storytelling is the whole end of Act II business of

Oh no, you've been possessed and turned by the Emperor into his mindless evil puppet! You committed countless evil atrocities in his name before Master Orgus got through to you! There are rumours everywhere about you having fallen to the Dark Side! Examples of the acts of evil that you committed include ... fighting a practice droid, and walking down a corridor. How evil. How traumatic for you.

I can understand that they wouldn't wish to do the same as the Agent story - although personally, I'd have done just that; have your character notionally "escape", along with your unwitting companions, but actually under control, and have your Jedi Knight's class story on Belsavis actually be what was Krannis' story, more or less - the brainwashed servant sent to destroy the planet, and thus the galaxy, with Lord Scourge as a traitor trying to stop you, and doing the "planetary" quests "undercover", then only at the end have Orgus and Scourge break your conditioning just in time to stop the bombs, with the final Belsavis boss fight being a "centre of the mind" one against yourself. Then have Voss be about your recovery.

However, story aside, I think the problem is that the Knight can either be unpleasant and boastful via being evil, which doesn't really work with the story- the odd dark moment when patience snaps, sure, but not as a whole, or, if not evil, bland and dull.

The Consular everyone describes as having a dull voice, but, you can convince play your Consular as a saint, or as a self-interested manipulative schemer, or as someone who is fundamentally good, a wise scholar who will always act for the good of people... but who has an ego the size of a planet, and the level of social skills you'd actually expect from a child prodigy raised by space monks.

Sherlock with superpowers is just - arguably - more fun to play than Superman with a lightsaber.

• 9 months later...
I liked the BH storyline best as a non force user class story even though from the end of chapter 2 onwards its a case of storyline stupidity. I mean how many jedi masters do you kill as sith classes and no one hardly ever complains, yet as a BH when you kill 1 renowned jedi master suddenly the Republic and jedi are up in arms about it and declare you public enemy number 1.

I personally find Imperial Agent story the least favorite. I am struggling to understand what was the fuss all about and regret seeing it to the end- one end that is but even so it was a drag.

On the contrary the ones I liked the most, of every story that I played is Trooper's and not really going here with a flow but Smuggler was also one that I really liked.

Jedi knight it's a classic cliché, nothing special nor remarkable there (it did have few interesting moment but ultimately only hold slightly more interest for me than Imperial Agent).

Edited by Senteliks