Healing & prot in WZ is out of control

StrikePrice

Average healing per wz per healer: 8-10m

Average prot per wz per tank: 5-6m

Average dps per wz per dps: 1-2m

Anyone see a problem with that? 1 healer/tank combo outputs more healing and prot than the 8 players put out damage on the other team.

Both healing and prot need to be reduced by 50-75% in PvP (don't give a rats *** what happens in PvE). Add a debuff to WZ that reduced healing and protection. TTK in SWTOR is all messed up. It needs to be reduced massively.

Make healers do something in PvP other than run in a circle and drop AoE heals and hit their DCDs once in a while.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average damage is 2mil by your word, add that up amongst 6 players (taking into account one healer and tank also on team). And that’s not taking into account the meta classes pulling 6-10mil damage each in warzones.

Healing and protection numbers are fine.

Average healing per wz per healer: 8-10m

Average prot per wz per tank: 5-6m

Average dps per wz per dps: 1-2m

Anyone see a problem with that? 1 healer/tank combo outputs more healing and prot than the 8 players put out damage on the other team.

Both healing and prot need to be reduced by 50-75% in PvP (don't give a rats *** what happens in PvE). Add a debuff to WZ that reduced healing and protection. TTK in SWTOR is all messed up. It needs to be reduced massively.

Make healers do something in PvP other than run in a circle and drop AoE heals and hit their DCDs once in a while.

I see a lot of bads trying to dps.

They're healing and tanking for the whole group. A healer can already struggle to meet the same amount of healing on single target (not including them self healing) as someone can DPS. You can literally mess up and still do more damage to someone than someone can heal them, this is where defensive comes into play along with protection and guard.

But, the average DPS being 1-2m must be either a very quick game, low uptime, or even just bad players.

Instead of looking at overall damage look at DPS. Most decent DPS can pull 9-15k depending on what they're playing and with good uptime (constant fighting.) Obviously much better DPS can take it even further and they often do comparable damage to the healer if there is no tank, the tank makes it much more manageable.

5.0 was the healer era. 6.0 is the dps era. If anything, people ought to find dpsing easier than ever. We haven't seen burst this high and working as intended since the game came out.

I am just hoping people get better at DPSing in WZs. It's pretty bad right now. On classes that are facerolling easy I still see people struggling to put up 3k DPS for a match in regs.

Then you see the occasional mara, PT, Op, Sin that manages to do 8-16k DPS depending on what they did in the match, and you realize yeah, DPS are fine. There's just tons of inexperienced players in the WZs now, obviously.

I see a lot of bads trying to dps.

This ^^^

That’s the biggest problem. People don’t do enough dps on average and when they do, they don’t focus that dps to one target. Everyone spreads out and choose a different target instead on focusing the healer / tank combo.

But I will say that some classes are very hard to kill without a healer or tank around. The TTK is getting longer and in some cases it’s outright ridiculous.

Add that to the healers and tanks doing good numbers and people who can’t dps their way out of a wet paper bag and it’s definitely not fun sometimes.

The biggest issue plaguing this game at the moment is a low population that has a massive imbalance in players skills.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yet another one of these. Healing is too weak ATM if anything, it's just your average regs dps hides in stealth 90% of the match and pulls 1-3k when they should be pulling 7-9k. Regs gives you wonky metrics because new players usually roll dps instead of healers, and when there's a bad healer it's extremely noticeable that their skill is the problem because they're matched 1v1 or 2v2 against better healers. Tanks are kinda their own thing, dps offguard is much more of a problem than tank guard. The only thing wonky with tanks rn is that jugg tanks literally cannot die with forcebound and grit teeth but honestly I think the increased TTK they bring to ranked games is nice, it somewhat requires a plan and a small amount of coordination to kill people again.

That's not out of control.

8-10m healing on DM is nice/expected but not always the case.

5m and above protection isn't often to see.

You will rarely see someone doing 2m dmg, that's just bad dps player.

Even maul spammers who can't play the rotation even if their life depends on it, can pull 2.5/3m dmg.

Any healer in any WZ breaks the game completely. Healing is out of control. The presence of 1 player should not dominate the entire game in a 16 player match. If you're arguing that "healing is fine" you're simply wrong. Edited by StrikePrice

Any healer in any WZ breaks the game completely. Healing is out of control. The presence of 1 player should not dominate the entire game in a 16 player match. If you're arguing that "healing is fine" you're simply wrong.

I would like to bequeath my Crown of Hyperbole to this guy, he deserves it. I have worn it for far too long, anyway.

I would like to bequeath my Crown of Hyperbole to this guy, he deserves it. I have worn it for far too long, anyway.

Does this seem right to you?

(This video is not me. Sorry about the confusion).

Every match. Just like that. Over and over. Would you design a game that played like this? NOBODY DIES lol

Edited by StrikePrice

Does this seem right to you?

Every match. Just like that. Over and over. Would you design a game that played like this? NOBODY DIES lol

No it’s not right !! You aren’t playing Hutt ball properly. It’s not the designers who are at fault here, it’s you not playing properly. Hutt ball is not a death match. If you want to test your actual dps skills, go play ranked or is that too hard?

Only at the start did you target the ball carrier or play the ball. The rest of the match is one big dps parsing effort. What was the other team doing with the ball all match while you were rubbing one out for your dps epeen title?

You might as well go find a parsing dummy and play against that if all you care about it is parsing numbers.

I’ve ZERO sympathy for your QQ on healing if that’s how you play objective pvp. It’s players like you that ruin objective pvp. L2P.

Also, your team did pretty crap dps for the amount of epeen farming, lol. And while you were rubbing one out, the other team kicked your butts.

Your dps means nothing in matches like that and I’m personally glad you had a bad time with those healers because players who are selfish towards the rest of the team ruin it for others.

If you think you are such a good PVPer, queue ranked because your QQ means nothing while you dps farm objective regs and ruin the experience for objective pvpers.

Any healer in any WZ breaks the game completely. Healing is out of control. The presence of 1 player should not dominate the entire game in a 16 player match. If you're arguing that "healing is fine" you're simply wrong.

There were two healers on the other team

No it’s not right !! You aren’t playing Hutt ball properly. It’s not the designers who are at fault here, it’s you not playing properly. Hutt ball is not a death match. If you want to test your actual dps skills, go play ranked or is that too hard?

Only at the start did you target the ball carrier or play the ball. The rest of the match is one big dps parsing effort. What was the other team doing with the ball all match while you were rubbing one out for your dps epeen title?

You might as well go find a parsing dummy and play against that if all you care about it is parsing numbers.

I’ve ZERO sympathy for your QQ on healing if that’s how you play objective pvp. It’s players like you that ruin objective pvp. L2P.

Also, your team did pretty crap dps for the amount of epeen farming, lol. And while you were rubbing one out, the other team kicked your butts.

Your dps means nothing in matches like that and I’m personally glad you had a bad time with those healers because players who are selfish towards the rest of the team ruin it for others.

If you think you are such a good PVPer, queue ranked because your QQ means nothing while you dps farm objective regs and ruin the experience for objective pvpers.

It's not me. It's just a video I found. They are everywhere online and in every warzone this happens. "You're not playing the game right" is the *hallmark* for bad design. Thank you for proving my point.

DPS are so bad on this game now. If they are this bad in regs, I shudder to think how lowly ranked must be now. wow lol. :o

Played a WZ last night ... healer had over 10m healing ... most DPS < 1m damage.

1 Healer worth 10 DPS. Awesome game design.

Add that to the tanks that can take 4-5 other players DPSing them for 3-4 minutes without dying and you have a completely broken game system. All it takes is one tank to completely shutdown the ability to capture any node.

Max DPS in a WZ for 1 dps is pretty much 1m and then all you're doing is DoT spamming a clumping team. So, the max healing in a WZ should be 2m. That way, healers are 2:1 and not 10:1. That means we need a 5-fold decrease in healing.

Edited by StrikePrice

Played a WZ last night ... healer had over 10m healing ... most DPS < 1m damage.

Add that to the tanks that can take 4-5 other players DPSing them for 3-4 minutes without dying and you have a completely broken game system. All it takes is one tank to completely shutdown the ability to capture any node.

Max DPS in a WZ for 1 dps is pretty much 1m and then all you're doing is DoT spamming a clumping team. So, the max healing in a WZ should be 2m. That way, healers are 2:1 and not 10:1. That means we need a 5-fold decrease in healing.

hahaha :D

If your team can't pressure the other teams tank+healer combo, your team is just bad.

When he said with a straight face they had a healer do 10mil heals and then all other DPS only managed to do 1mil each or less, I had to laugh. Uncontrollably.

I’ve had arena matches where my Jugg out heals the healer (enraged defence and enure + med pack). And I’ve had many objective matches where my lightning Sorc out Heals our healer(s) keeping myself alive.

The problem isn’t bad game design per say (not saying it’s perfect). No the problem is player skills are hugely different and the gap between those that can play and those that can’t keeps getting bigger because there are less and less players to fill in the skill gap between them.

So now all you need is one person (maybe a healer) who can “actually” play vs a whole team who can’t dps and no one will die on the healers team. But that’s nothing new and has been around for a long time. The difference is that it’s much more common now because there are so few players who can play vs those who can’t and the way the broken arse match making works doesn’t balance out the teams properly.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

When he said with a straight face they had a healer do 10mil heals and then all other DPS only managed to do 1mil each or less, I had to laugh. Uncontrollably.

In a 8v8; 10-30mins... <<1m DPS.. that has to be a record.

In all seriousness, 6.0 is where DPS shine. It's so easy to break the 10m DPS barrier in a 8v8 granted it's a deathmatch. My lightning sorc hits 13m-14m DPS in these matches. Soo.. if someone is hitting 1m dps in pvp... they're either just pressing 1 or 2 buttons or plainly suck or are extremely new to the game.

The problem isn’t bad game design per say (not saying it’s perfect). No the problem is player skills are hugely different and the gap between those that can play and those that can’t keeps getting bigger because there are less and less players to fill in the skill gap between them.

THIS!! The disparity in skills in PvP is all too apparent. IMHO, the game is too lenient; new players can simply toggle their companions to heals and spam 1 AoE skill, KPF/EVF does this too. New players aren't learning how to play the game like we did in the past.

Edited by xKurisaki
:D