Vader vs Anakin - Who is more powerful?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightsaber skill comes from Force power.

Skill comes from practice and practical application in fights. This is true for every character in the SW Universe except for Luke Skywalker who was magically as good as, or better, than Vader despite the fact he had the training of a Padawan.

Skill comes from practice and practical application in fights. This is true for every character in the SW Universe except for Luke Skywalker who was magically as good as, or better, than Vader despite the fact he had the training of a Padawan.

Luke was waaay better than a Padawan.

I think he meant that he had as much training as a padawan.

He had much more training then that, he trained with Obi-Wan, then Yoda and then was self taught. Luke advanced his skill far beyond that of a Padawan, even by ESB he was greater than a Padawan.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He had much more training then that, he trained with Obi-Wan, then Yoda and then was self taught. Luke advanced his skill far beyond that of a Padawan, even by ESB he was greater than a Padawan.

Luke had 4 years of training by the time of ROTJ, in comparison Anakin was knighted after 10 years of training. No one says he wasn't good, only that he had little training.

Luke had 4 years of training by the time of ROTJ, in comparison Anakin was knighted after 10 years of training. No one says he wasn't good, only that he had little training.

Yes but to say he had just the training of a Padawan isn't right.

But anywhoo...enough derailing.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He spent a few days with Obi-wan on the Falcon and then a few weeks training with Yoda on Dagobah. I don't think a time frame is ever actually given for the Dagobah training.

If you just go by hours taught, almost any Padawan in the old Jedi Order would have had more training that Luke. His skill, and the resulting plot hole, was explained away by writers saying that he was just that naturally talented because they had to explain why a person with so little training was able to stand up to an individual who had decades to refine his skill.

Due to various circumstances that favored Obi-Wan, really Obi-Wan should have lost to Anakin by all accounts.

When I read the novel I don't get the idea that Anakin was really controlling this fight from start to finish. It seemed to me that Obi-Wan was really the fisherman here. You say "Due to various circumstances that favored Obi-Wan", but what about the circumstance of going up against someone with way more midichlorians, supposedly stronger in the Force, physically stronger, and younger? Do those circumstances not count?

Kenobi on the other hand was constantly trying to gain a terrain advantage, which he eventually succeeded in. Thus favorable circumstance.

In all honesty, it was terrain they were both fighting on and correct me if I'm wrong but was the terrain like Obi-Wan's pet and responded to him to help him out, or were they both capable of using the terrain? When militia fight terrain is always important, both look to find the advantage, and not finding it to draw the other from his own advantage.

Edited by LordQordisz

The point wolf was trying to make was that Anakin was the better duelist and the stronger force user, but his mentality got in his way.

Then that has to be counted as a weakness on Anakin's part that can be exploited, as he would with an opponent who's lightsaber Form did not match up favorably with his own. That's like a basketball team with great talent always shooting themselves in the foot because of foolish mistakes, the always untimely turnover, making the wrong decision in various situations, never exploiting a switch on which they have the advantage, or throwing all their marbles in on living and dying with the 3. The Thunder may be a more talented team that the Spurs but I would say most of the people would give the Spurs the advantage because they play the game better, team basketball, no one on one and poor half court offense. Anakin's mentality has to be accounted in his skill.

There's a reason why non-Force users don't use lightsabers, and why Jedi don't use blasters.

Lightsaber skill = Force strength

Bobba Fett, Cade Bane, General Grievous, and a host of other non force sensitive individuals have used light sabers.

The nobles of the Tipani Sector used the light foil.

So no, force power is not a prerequisite for using a light saber and the Jedi are more than willing to use a blaster if the need arises. Most of the New Jedi Order carried both a blaster and a light saber.

The nobles of the Tipani Sector used the light foil.

So no, force power is not a prerequisite for using a light saber and the Jedi are more than willing to use a blaster if the need arises. Most of the New Jedi Order carried both a blaster and a light saber.

Too bad these aren't canon examples though huh.

In all honesty, it was terrain they were both fighting on and correct me if I'm wrong but was the terrain like Obi-Wan's pet and responded to him to help him out, or were they both capable of using the terrain? When militia fight terrain is always important, both look to find the advantage, and not finding it to draw the other from his own advantage.

Obi-wan was trying to get a favorable position with the Terrain, Anakin was tunnel vissioning Obi-wan not paying attention to any of the changing terrain and only focusing on his masters blade work and his own blade work.

Mentallity does not equal saber skill in star wars they are 2 different catagories.

If you are lumping them into the same catagory you are wrong end of story move on.

Too bad these aren't canon examples though huh.

Then I shall use Pre Vizsla with the Darksaber, General Grievous with his sabers, and Luke with his blaster on Cloud City. Even though he had, apparently, surpassed Padawan skill level at this point with a lightsaber.

Being force sensitive does not stop someone from using a blaster and having no force sensitivity does not keep one from using a lightsaber.