Assassin focusing on strength instead of Willpower?

ChinamanAthena

Has anyone tried this build or a variation of it in any class. I just was thinking how cool it would be tobe a sith warrior with a double saber but obviously the game doesnt allow it. So I thought why couldnt I just make a assassin and instead of building up their willpower stats I focus on mainly strength and use mostly melee attacks. I want to kinda make a darth maul type character that doesnt really rely on the force but just swings around his double saber around like a wildman slicing everything in site.

Now before anyone bashes me and tells me im an idiot, I know this build wont ever be able to be as strong a character as if one who used the proper stats for the class but would it be sustainable? Would it be able to at least keep up?

Im trying to find something different to do, not the norm, because ive played every single class and mastered almost all and it is just about unbearable to play anymore because every class storyline has all the exact same missions minus the tiny fraction of classs quests to do. I literally cant stand levling a character anymore because its like living in a bad twilight zone, where the circle keeeps spinning and spinning. Once you have gotten a class to 50, trying to lvl any other class on the same faction is just repetative and boring as hell, which is why i loved the game when it first came out but after i got 2 lvl 50s there was nothing really fun for me to do anymore besides Ops and occassional WZ. But i like playing a story and leveling up diff characters, and unfortunately that was the part of the game the put the least amount of thought into.

So anyone know?

By being a class main stat, willpower directly apply over your melee damage as strenght would.

So by replacing all willpower by strenght, you are effectively nuking all your force power (shock, death field, wither, discharge, creeping terror, force lightning are ALL central to at least one build) for literally NO gain.

So no you won't keep up, and I find myself amused having to explain that to someone who "mastered" all classes, since its rather a basic.

What is next, aim on a jug to see if it gives a "better saber throw"?

I find it sad you missed all the unique class story's value.

But if by "out of norm" you mean being in failure, then you are in the correct way to acheive your goal.

Although harsh , Verfallen's comment is accurate , you will be gimping your class alot if you change from a main stat to something else. If you really want a challenge and something that no one has done in a while i'd suggest you try the approach of Red Mustachio :) that guy didn't get an advanced class and did his story with only the legacy skills and without a chest piece of armor on :) i don't know if he managed to complete it , but , for someone who wants a challenge and something out of the norm , i would suggest you try it as well :D Edited by Kayriel
Edit for Typos

So no you won't keep up, and I find myself amused having to explain that to someone who "mastered" all classes, since its rather a basic.

Eh. Btw that was your best one? creativity must not be a forte of yours eh? still getting reported.

You quote yourself, argue with yourself disparagingly, and in the end report yourself ?

How many are you in your head ? Do you hear their voices talking to you or not ?

Edited by Altheran

You quote yourself, argue with yourself disparagingly, and in the end report yourself ?

How many are you in your head ? Do you hear their voices talking to you or not ?

Maybe, just maybe the reported post has been removed and therefor it looks a bit funny?

people need to think further then they can see, the world is falling apart just by pure stupidity.

Same goes for the thread maker, don't claim that you have mastered all classes and then come with such a ridicules question.

Maybe, just maybe the reported post has been removed and therefor it looks a bit funny?

people need to think further then they can see, the world is falling apart just by pure stupidity.

Same goes for the thread maker, don't claim that you have mastered all classes and then come with such a ridicules question.

It's possible.

But it's still funny to read.

Has anyone tried this build or a variation of it in any class. I just was thinking how cool it would be tobe a sith warrior with a double saber but obviously the game doesnt allow it. So I thought why couldnt I just make a assassin and instead of building up their willpower stats I focus on mainly strength and use mostly melee attacks. I want to kinda make a darth maul type character that doesnt really rely on the force but just swings around his double saber around like a wildman slicing everything in site.

Now before anyone bashes me and tells me im an idiot, I know this build wont ever be able to be as strong a character as if one who used the proper stats for the class but would it be sustainable? Would it be able to at least keep up?

Im trying to find something different to do, not the norm, because ive played every single class and mastered almost all and it is just about unbearable to play anymore because every class storyline has all the exact same missions minus the tiny fraction of classs quests to do. I literally cant stand levling a character anymore because its like living in a bad twilight zone, where the circle keeeps spinning and spinning. Once you have gotten a class to 50, trying to lvl any other class on the same faction is just repetative and boring as hell, which is why i loved the game when it first came out but after i got 2 lvl 50s there was nothing really fun for me to do anymore besides Ops and occassional WZ. But i like playing a story and leveling up diff characters, and unfortunately that was the part of the game the put the least amount of thought into.

So anyone know?

You could in theory run a deception SIN and increase the melee dps output with strength, but I would be cautious about how much strength you use over willpower. You could experiment with augments first. You need a lot of main stat. I've considered running strength augments but don't have a lot of confidence you can get enough stat to boost the dps enough over the sliding scale.

You could in theory run a deception SIN and increase the melee dps output with strength, but I would be cautious about how much strength you use over willpower. You could experiment with augments first. You need a lot of main stat. I've considered running strength augments but don't have a lot of confidence you can get enough stat to boost the dps enough over the sliding scale.

No, just no. Don't encourage him. Willpower effects a Sin's melee output.

Willpower gives you: Melee Bonus Damage, Melee Critical Chance, Force Bonus Damage, Force Critical Chance

Strength gives you: Melee Bonus Damage, Melee Critical Chance

If you trade willpower to strength, you get exactly the same melee bonus damage as you did get from willpower (no increase at all), but completely loose all the force bonus damage.

If you swapped just a few mods, the melee critical chance might increase by some tiny fraction of a percent (although the increase is very small as you still loose the melee crit chance from willpower before you gain it from strength), because of the diminishing returns affected by low amounts of 2 separate stats is less than that of a high amount of one stat but surely that gain is not enough to overcome the huge loss of everything else.

To conclude:

If you change some, but not all, your willpower to strength:

Melee Bonus Damage: No change what so ever.

Melee Critical chance: Very insignificantly small increase.

Force Bonus Damage: Huge loss

Force Critical Chance: considerable loss.

There is no way it could ever be a dps increase for any spec.

Alternatively

If you change all your willpower to strength:

Melee Bonus Damage: No change what so ever

Melee Critical chance: No change what so ever

Force Bonus Damage: You loose this completely

Force Critical Chance: You loose this completely

Edited by Eternalnight

Willpower gives you: Melee Bonus Damage, Melee Critical Chance, Force Bonus Damage, Force Critical Chance

Strength gives you: Melee Bonus Damage, Melee Critical Chance

If you trade willpower to strength, you get exactly the same melee bonus damage as you did get from willpower (no increase at all), but completely loose all the force bonus damage.

If you swapped just a few mods, the melee critical chance might increase by some tiny fraction of a percent (although the increase is very small as you still loose the melee crit chance from willpower before you gain it from strength), because of the diminishing returns affected by low amounts of 2 separate stats is less than that of a high amount of one stat but surely that gain is not enough to overcome the huge loss of everything else.

To conclude:

If you change some, but not all, your willpower to strength:

Melee Bonus Damage: No change what so ever.

Melee Critical chance: Very insignificantly small increase.

Force Bonus Damage: Huge loss

Force Critical Chance: considerable loss.

There is no way it could ever be a dps increase for any spec.

Alternatively

If you change all your willpower to strength:

Melee Bonus Damage: No change what so ever

Melee Critical chance: No change what so ever

Force Bonus Damage: You loose this completely

Force Critical Chance: You loose this completely

I played with tweaking my augments last night. I was able to add about 5 dps and 1% crit. Not really worth much. I think your better off with more willpower once you hit the curve on surge, crit and power.

As the poster under you said, post I was refering too got deleted. I quoted myself since said post the OP pretended i had not answered a part of the post, with a few colorful but mostly immature insults. I quoted the part of the post where the information was, then informed him of his lack of creativity. The post then got deleted, presumably because i reported it, as said.

Nice attempt, but as pointed out, you are just being a sad OOT troll.

Logic is a concept that can be applied, as successfully done by poster after you. Learn from it.

Edited by verfallen

Nice attempt, but as pointed out, you are just being a sad OOT troll.

No sense of humor... it's sad.

Your post was funny. I post a "classic" joke about it, end of story. I didn't intent to troll (=trying to pick a fight). Don't get mad about it.

Edited by Altheran

No sense of humor... it's sad.

Your post was funny. I post a "classic" joke about it, end of story. I didn't intent to troll (=trying to pick a fight). Don't get mad about it.

If thats your idea of a funny post where people laugh at it, work on it. While its easy blaming people lack of sense of humor, the truth is sometimes that you totally failed the joke.

Poster that first answered you seems to have understood the same as I did.

Back to the topic,

Most assassin's skill require a double-bladed saber including the charges, therefore nuking the spec.

Also, there is no advantage to single blade saber. Doublebladed is a more damaging mainhand, point. That would be like a sniper insisting to use a blaster rifle. So even if it was not requiered by your abilities, you'd be handicaping your damage.

Eh. Btw that was your best one? creativity must not be a forte of yours eh? still getting reported.

So you put out a whack-job idea like this to get feedback and then report someone for giving said feedback? O.o

Yes, he was a little crass and I do apologize that someone made you look stupid in public but beyond that he was PC, didn't insult or curse, and I see no violation of any license agreements...

So with that being said, is stating that you are reporting someone the new "I'm telling my mommy!!!"? If you are reporting someone for a justifiable reason then report them, don't say it, do it.

If you replace all of you willpower with strength you simply will not find a group and if you use GF to find one, chances are high that the first person who looks at your gear will start laughing at you, call you every variation of noob possible (potentially creating a few on the fly) and then vote kick you.

So yes, you "could" do it but don't expect the carebear response from the other players that you appear to be looking for.

So you put out a whack-job idea like this to get feedback and then report someone for giving said feedback? O.o

Yes, he was a little crass and I do apologize that someone made you look stupid in public but beyond that he was PC, didn't insult or curse, and I see no violation of any license agreements...

So with that being said, is stating that you are reporting someone the new "I'm telling my mommy!!!"? If you are reporting someone for a justifiable reason then report them, don't say it, do it.

If you replace all of you willpower with strength you simply will not find a group and if you use GF to find one, chances are high that the first person who looks at your gear will start laughing at you, call you every variation of noob possible (potentially creating a few on the fly) and then vote kick you.

So yes, you "could" do it but don't expect the carebear response from the other players that you appear to be looking for.

Said post I reported got deleted. Thinking is not your forte eh?

I'm also not the OP, and pretty much gave him the answer you are apparently giving me.

So rather than look stupid again in public, you might want to actually read a thread before posting.