No Republic Roleplay on Ebon Hawk Server?

Neltronluur

I've been a member of the Ebon Hawk server for roughly 2 years now and I must say that I am extremely disappointed in the lack of Republic RP. There is little to no Roleplay occurring even at peak hours on the Republic Fleet. Having a Jedi Sage as my main character, I would love nothing more than to meet some active Republic Roleplayers. I took my Sith sorcerer Alternate to the Imperial Fleet not 30 minutes ago and it is packed with Roleplay nearly every time I come online and at many different times during the day. So I have one big question. Where is all the Republic Roleplay? Is it just the fact that everybody wants to be a power hungry Sith Lord? Or is that Roleplayers now think that the Republic is just too boring and resistrictive?

It's bad enough that I'm looking at possibly coming over to Bergeren Colony to see if the Republic Roleplay community is more active.

where do you look for the RP at exactly? Cause I am always seeing ppl RP on Fleet. Like every day. But yeah I hear ya about some of those RP guilds. A lot of it seems too... overused. What doesn't make sense to me is why there are so many different Jedi and Trooper guilds. Every day I am seeing someone wanting to make yet another one (more often trooper than Jedi...)

Not that I am saying this for the sake of advertising but when I sat there trying to find a more "criminal underworld" type guild and none were popping up, I made my own. A pirate RP guild. Now that I have it on it's feet and somewhat established, suddenly other guilds are appearing left and right. Not sure if it's a matter that they just spent too much time keeping to themselves and out of sight until i started mine or if they are copying me or if I just simply showed them they could have the balls to make something non-republic on the Republic side. *shrug*

Anyway since we're on the subject. What kind of RP are you looking for?

I know my guild pretty much keeps our roleplay in our guild chat. Some of us are not much for the cantina roleplay but we also have varying schedules so we also have kept our forum roleplay going for over the last two years.

This helps us keep in touch and also be able to roleplay with our imperial guild as well.

I know my guild pretty much keeps our roleplay in our guild chat. Some of us are not much for the cantina roleplay but we also have varying schedules so we also have kept our forum roleplay going for over the last two years.

This helps us keep in touch and also be able to roleplay with our imperial guild as well.

That's something many guilds will do too, especially the bigger more established ones. Personally I'm not one for Cantina RP even though it is entirely valid with my guild (as opposed to a bunch of Jedi doing it). Yay pirates lol.

I would also suggest checking out sites like ebonhawk.net or swtor-rp.com cause there are a ton of guilds advertising as well as ppl looking for RP in general on those forums

where do you look for the RP at exactly? Cause I am always seeing ppl RP on Fleet. Like every day. But yeah I hear ya about some of those RP guilds. A lot of it seems too... overused. What doesn't make sense to me is why there are so many different Jedi and Trooper guilds. Every day I am seeing someone wanting to make yet another one (more often trooper than Jedi...)

Not that I am saying this for the sake of advertising but when I sat there trying to find a more "criminal underworld" type guild and none were popping up, I made my own. A pirate RP guild. Now that I have it on it's feet and somewhat established, suddenly other guilds are appearing left and right. Not sure if it's a matter that they just spent too much time keeping to themselves and out of sight until i started mine or if they are copying me or if I just simply showed them they could have the balls to make something non-republic on the Republic side. *shrug*

Anyway since we're on the subject. What kind of RP are you looking for?

I hate sitting in cantinas, I like getting out with groups of people and actively explore the galaxy. I see very little of that as of late. Most Jedi guilds I see just stay on Tython 24/7 and never role play off planet.

I hate sitting in cantinas, I like getting out with groups of people and actively explore the galaxy. I see very little of that as of late. Most Jedi guilds I see just stay on Tython 24/7 and never role play off planet.

I hear ya. A few of my members share my mind set about doing RP in any location that would be valid for our RP and even making use of FPs when it counts (we're cooking up idea to make use of the Rakghoul Tunnels). Still, seems a lot of new ppl aren't open minded like that so the most common recruiting process seems to take place frequently at Nar Shaddaa cantina or Cartel Bazaar cantina. Still I have managed to get some bigger events done like out in the middle of nowhere on Tatooine (found a great spot for that sort of "join us or walk the plank" kinda of scene for a mass recruiting)

Have you taken a look here?

This is the Ebon Hawk Guild Recruitment Subforum. This is where all guilds post their advertisements and what they are about. You find guilds on both sides here.

Alternatively you can look here at SWTOR-RP.com and ebon-hawk.net in their guild listings.

Otherwise, you're on your own and need to start your own guild.