Jugg or MAra

Valhwhite

Yes, Im new, So please only answer if you have USEFUL advice, not to bash me.

First off, This is my first melee class in any online game.

I usually play healers or caster dps.

Im wanting to try a warrior, however, Im looking for something with good survivability, I have no desires to tank no matter which tree i go.

I pvp quite often, solo questing.

So my question, based on those things, which way is best for me to go Jugg or mara?

I know mostly playing is based on the player, i am a fast learner at most classes I play, im just wanting to know which is most enjoyable and get the jobs done that im wanting to do, such as alot of PVP, solo questing, and survivability, i hate grouping for quests lol unless its 4 player quests. Most 2 players i can solo on most classes with upgraded gear and the right companion .

Both Adv. classes can do what you want. And if you purely want to DPS and not tank, both classes are extremely similar.

If you never want to spec into the Immortal tree, I suggest going with a Marauder. Simply because they have better defensive cooldowns in all DPS specs. But they can't beat the survivability from an Immortal specced Jugg ofcourse. I just couldn't die on my Jugg in PvE unless I did something stupid. That being said, I never once ran into survivability problems as a Mara either. And I don't even run with Quinn (he's boring). With Jaesa + correct usage ofdefensive cooldowns + splitting aggro between you two = killing spree. I only brought out Quinn for soloing HC2+ (some HC4 as well) and champion mobs.

The Juggernaut has no real benefit over the Mara if you don't want to spec as Immortal. At least in my opinion.

For JUST DPS...go marauder...but not just marauder...annihilation is the most survivable spec in solo pve and does the most sustained damage. In PVP you will be fine in lowbies no matter what anyone says. In 50 PVP try annihilation...if you don't like it go carnage.

As others said, jugg if you want an option to tank and marauder if you just want to DPS. Remember, once you pick your advanced class you can not go back and change. So, if you think there is any chance you want to tank (and don't want to level another toon) go jugg. They have pretty good dps when geared.

However, marauders have the ability to CC droids, much better defensive cool downs, and atleast annihilation specs get a temporarily force stealth that is awesome to skip mobs as well as help in the solo'ing of heroic 2+

I was much like you before I chose jugger. I was very torn. What helped me in making my final decision was the fact that you can never change your advance class. So on this small chance that I change my mind one day and wanted to tank if I picked jugger it would always be there. Its also nice in pvp when guarding a node solo and a healer runs up to you, you can quickly switch to tanking stance and guard him. Making you practically unkillable. The healer will love ya for it ;)

After my opinion, jug is easier to handle in pvp, compare to maruader.

- FORCE PUSH

-that give you a opportunity to run away. It's better to run anaway and heal, than die!

- Get fast kills, push them out of the arena

- possibility to get a good combo like : force harge - force pull - saber throw - force charge.

SABER THROW

- Do damage from range

HEAVY ARMOR

- Very very handy

AT LAST

-Juggernaut copmpare with Maruader, you don't need to press the key button's so fast like you have to with a Maruader.

Edited by Toerstad

I prefer Marauder, but either class is viable.

Just remember... whichever one you choose, make sure your companion is always current with proper gear for their respective stats!

I ran Annihilation Marauder with Quinn, always took the quest reward that gave him better gear, and only died 4 times from level 1 all the way to 50. (Granted I played one in beta for almost a year so i knew how the class played).

Take the time to learn your class whether it be Jugg or Marauder, learn what skill to use at what time, and you will be fine.

I'd say go jugg:

- More utility (force push -> douple charge, friendly leap)

- if you play smash, the instant 4 stacks is way cheaper to get (Enrage vs 30stacks fury->berserk)

well if you smash and the battle is over, enrage >berserk . but in ongoing battles (alderan with a lot of healers) berserk will be avaible way more frequenlty then enrage.

(each ability that spends rage gives 4 stacks, and each time you recieve damage you get 2 stacks and once you get 30 you get full rage+ 4 shockwaves and can start over without useing a single rage building attack).

marauders for that reason will get the higher numbers at the end of the warzone.

also cloak of pain actiually adds to your dr instead of multiplying. so a marauder has 26% armor +2% from undying + 5% from shii-cho with defensive forms + 20% from cloak of pain = 53% for 30 seconds every min. (and 10%+2%+5%+20% = 37% against internal )

so the heavy armor statement is very missleading since a jugg has only 30% + 3% from shii-cho

and i am not even getting started on undying rage and force caemo on 45 sec cooldown as well as obfuscate

Edited by Quantemoq