Grats on Free To Play

CKNairb

With the ability to not put payment options, and the wealth of free Email services like Google, Hotmail, and the like. There is no way Bioware can determine previous trials, or anything of the like, not to mention no time limit. This essentially makes it free to play. While i have no problem with free to play as thats the only option atm due to EA/Bioware hosed up this game.

My only concern at this point is Bioware/EA NEEDS to het better on their patches, as people even while playing for free, will not deal with the bugs/lag this game has, let alone subscribe and pay for the abismal quality of patch's.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **Free. * * * * * *V. * * * * * * * * * Premium.*

Cost. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *$0 /mo. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *$15 /mo

Level Cap. * * * * * * * * * * *Level 15. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Unlimited

Zone Limit. * * * * * * * * * * Starter,Capitol,Fleet. * * * * * *Unlimited

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *PvP, Intro Flashpoint

Social. * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Local, Group, Group. * * * * Unlimited

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Whisper / Mail Reply

Legacy. * * * * * * * * * * * * * No. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Unlimited

Trade / Auction House. * No. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Unlimited

Crew Skills. * * * * * * * * *Skill Level 40. * * * * * * * * * * * *Skill Level 400

If you can only play up to 30% of your max level and probably less than 20% of the total content, is it really F2P? If you can't use a great number of the game's features (not perks - FEATURES), is it really F2P?

No, it isn't.

Compare it to other Free To Play games that have a premium option, you will notice its the same

Edited by CKNairb

If having unlimited time to play to level 15 is f2p to you and youre happy with it then have fun lol.

Yea i am, i can pit my Neices on a Free account and get 3 Character slots back, lol

Also there is no limit to number of characters, its not a just 1 char to 15 thing, there are a number of options comparing, race, class, and advanced class @ lvl 10

Edited by CKNairb

Yea i am, i can pit my Neices on a Free account and get 3 Character slots back, lol

After about 24 /played hours you won't have anything left to do, unless you just PvP all day long =P

No one is going to see this as a F2P and a Paid version. Would you consider WoW's level to 20 for free a free version of WoW? Some great game - getting less than half of your abilities, no operations, one FP, no GTN, virtually no crafting, and can hardly chat :rolleyes:

Edited by psi_overtake

If you can only play up to 30% of your max level and probably less than 20% of the total content, is it really F2P? If you can't use a great number of the game's features (not perks - FEATURES), is it really F2P?

No, it isn't.

Its also not really 30% of your max level if you consider the time it takes to level, most people even if they only play for 2 or 3 hours a night can get to level 15 in 3 days or less.

Its more of a demo than f2p in my opinion, you can easily do all the content in one day. When people finish playing the demo, they can decide if they want the real game (full game) to continue their story or not. Edited by xShadow-

After about 24 /played hours you won't have anything left to do, unless you just PvP all day long =P

No one is going to see this as a F2P and a Paid version. Would you consider WoW's level to 20 for free a free version of WoW? Some great game - getting less than half of your abilities, no operations, one FP, no GTN, and can hardly chat :rolleyes:

Your not limited to just 1 character, race, or class. You can create as many as you want ( up to char limit then have to delete toons and create more

Its more of a demo than f2p in my opinion, you can easily do all the content in one day. When people finish playing the demo, they can decide if they want the real game to continue their story or not.

He'd probably consider a demo disc of a future console game the "free" version of it :p

He'd probably consider a demo disc of a future console game the "free" version of it :p

You aparently think the Trial is limited to 1 character and then the trial stop @ 15' please state where it says you cant create more characters ?

You aparently think the Trial is limited to 1 character and then the trial stop @ 15' please state where it says you cant create more characters ?

No, I am not.

Averaging 3 hours per toon for 8 toons, because I doubt even a psychopath would delete those 8 and create another 8. Even if such a psychopath did, it'd only be 2 days of /played rather than 1. Last time I checked, actual F2P games have more to do after 3 hours with one toon.

Edited by psi_overtake

As far as Wow Starter Edition, yea it basically is, but with a gold restriction

Aparently you dont know what a Free Vs Prem Free2Play game is.

It means you can play for free, forever with limited restrictions compared to a prem account, not all F2P games have free accounts only, there a vast number of them that have the $15mo option

But you cant pass level 15.....are you going to make a new character everyday or do you love playing pvp? This trial was added so people can try out the game first before making a decision.:)

Edited by xShadow-

As far as Wow Starter Edition, yea it basically is, but with a gold restriction

Aparently you dont know what a Free Vs Prem Free2Play game is.

It means you can play for free, forever with limited restrictions compared to a prem account, not all F2P games have free accounts only, there a vast number of them that have the $15mo option

If SW:TOR changed it so that your max character level could be 1, and you could only do the first class quest and couldn't travel outside of the first taxi area, and didn't have any other features, would you still consider that F2P? It sounds like you would.

Also, going back to this:

Last time I checked, actual F2P games have more to do after 3 hours with one toon.
Edited by psi_overtake

But you cant pass level 15.....are going to make a new character everyday or do you love playing pvp? This trial was added so people can try out the game first before making a decision.:)

Depends if person thinks its worth $15 a month i know a number of people that want to play this game, but dont think its worth $15 bucks. And are waiting till it goes Free2Play

Also there is no limit to number of characters, its not a just 1 char to 15 thing, there are a number of options comparing, race, class, and advanced class @ lvl 10

This thread is just a thinly disguised nerd rage about the state of the game in general just like numerous other posts on the same subject.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Edited by uziforyou

If SW:TOR changed it so that your max character level could be 1, and you could only do the first class quest and couldn't travel outside of the first taxi area, and didn't have any other features, would you still consider that F2P? It sounds like you would.

Also, going back to this:

No that wouldnt be anything. Think you kill 2 mobs you get a level pretty much

All in all you and everybody else can keep denying all you want, its there, active.

And is equal to other F2P games with Premium options. ( feel free to prove me wrong )