Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opinions about 2.0? Made things even worse?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Shadow
Opinions about 2.0? Made things even worse?

planet_J
02.23.2013 , 08:45 PM | #71
I see...well, in that spec, personally, I would move 2 from mental fortitude to Kinetic Bulwark for the increased absorption...8% absorption is nothing to sneeze at...other than that, I agree with your choices...

Basically, the spec I put together would be able to stance switch in a pinch and reap the full benefits of FiB....but your spec is more geared for solely playing in Combat stance.

I see where you'd have advantages with Harnessed shadows...
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

NamikazeNaruto
02.23.2013 , 08:54 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
I see...well, in that spec, personally, I would move 2 from mental fortitude to Kinetic Bulwark for the increased absorption...8% absorption is nothing to sneeze at...other than that, I agree with your choices...
With shields actually working in PvP when the new update comes you may be right about that. Only time and testing will tell.

ComputerSaidNo
02.23.2013 , 10:20 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
Hmm, I think we're getting close to what would be the new powerful kinetic hybrid spec. Between the 23/18/5 I posted and the 23/23/0 you posted I propose this compromise....23/21/2

With 23/21/2, you get to keep Fade, which indeed is a very powerful defensive talent. However, I feel Psychokinesis is too valuable for Force Management to give up. With this, you could keep Low Slash, Fade, and Blackout/Shadow's Respite, while also having better Force Management on your Particle Acceleration Projects/Double Strikes thanks to Psychokinesis.
Thats a good point Zab, those points might indeed be better spent in Psychokinesis for the reasons you stated and also because on paper the force slow talent seems good, but in actual game-play I think it's a little unrealistic to be always keeping your targets slowed 100% of the time.
R E D E K